Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's Our Starting RB Going Forward?
Bernard got the carries in the second half after Hill fumbled the second time and did ok, but how will it be from here on out?

Will Hill still get the majority of the carries but just have a short leash, or will Bernard take over with Hill being his reliever, or will Hill just be benched completely for the time being?

The one fumble was just mishandling a pitch, which I really don't see as too big of an issue, but he definitely needs to hold the ball tighter with the other one.

How will the running back roles be going forward?

Do we need to give him a ball at all times to hold onto and have people trying to knock it out like this clip in The Program?
Reply/Quote
Probably 60/40 Hill
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hill, but whoever is out killing it gets the majority of the carries. If Hill doesn't fix his fumble problem he won't see the field
Reply/Quote
Still Hill but he knows that he has to play his ass off and take care of the football.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 07:42 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Probably 60/40 Hill

(09-21-2015, 07:43 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Hill, but whoever is out killing it gets the majority of the carries. If Hill doesn't fix his fumble problem he won't see the field

So you both think that it's still Hill without any hesitation?  

I'm only worried because I've seen both theories: that it's Gio's job going forward and like nothing has changed and it's still Hill's job.

For as much shit as he gets, though, for not holding players accountable and not having control, it was nice to see him put his foot down and say "we can't have that."

However, I think, in the long run and especially when it starts getting colder, we need Hill to be our bell cow.
Reply/Quote
Hill will start and receive a bulk of the carries. The fumbles are an issue, but it is an issue that can be fixed.. Gio performed great with the touches he got and we're fotunate to have him as the second & change of pace back.
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hill, he will learn a good lesson from being benched. I would expect an explosive performance from him against the Ravens.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Did we ever have a 'starting' back anyway? I think they were looking to give Hill 5 more carries on average anyway, maximum. His recent struggles just mean this will probably be a 50/50 split. Though like Sunday I think they will make in game judgements about who is fairing better, and then give that player more carries.

Reply/Quote
Hill has 7 fumbles in the last year of football. He needs ball control practice badly. Hill will probably still be starter but not for long if he keeps fumbling. Remember C. Perry?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:02 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Hill has 7 fumbles in the last year of football. He needs ball control practice badly. Hill will probably still be starter but not for long if he keeps fumbling. Remember C. Perry?

Remember Adrian Peterson's first 2 seasons? It's a fixable issue, he'll be more aware.
Reply/Quote
Lol both are going to be really good RBs and "Starting" only comes down to the plays they want to run on their first series.....the question you're trying to ask is the one going to be proposed next season. Who gets paid? To early to tell.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure being the starter has much significance anymore or at least it shouldn't. We have 2 really good backs with polar opposite skill sets give them both the ball if they both are playing well otherwise give it to the hot hand. It's a great situation to be in and one as Bengals we aren't used to being in.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:05 PM)type_stripe Wrote: Remember Adrian Peterson's first 2 seasons? It's a fixable issue, he'll be more aware.

AP and Hill are 2 totally different players. AP is 10 times the back of any RB's the Bengals have ever had. Also, AP is humble so mistakes are took more lightly. Hill is all over social media and celebrates the littlest things sometimes. I remember the first time I saw him get a good run, you would have thought we won the championship the way he was cutting up.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 07:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you both think that it's still Hill without any hesitation?  

I'm only worried because I've seen both theories: that it's Gio's job going forward and like nothing has changed and it's still Hill's job.

For as much shit as he gets, though, for not holding players accountable and not having control, it was nice to see him put his foot down and say "we can't have that."

However, I think, in the long run and especially when it starts getting colder, we need Hill to be our bell cow.

It will likely depend on the defense being faced as to the RB of choice. I'm glad Gio showed he could get some tough yards too. They are both going to be needed with a tough schedule. I hope they remove the stupid pills from the locker room so the players stop getting so many dumb penalties.
Reply/Quote
Hill, but as others have said he has to clean up the fumbles.
Reply/Quote
I understand people's point of them both being used a lot and some people's point about them being used equally, but I think we need to go back to old school football, especially AFCN old school football, of pounding the ball with Hill, because we have a hell of a pass rush and overall pass D, so grind it out, establish the run with Hill, and force teams to try and have a rushing attack that can match ours.

Not to mention that forcing teams to try to stop Hill while also having weapons like AJ, Eifert, Sanu, etc, to take advantage of the D's vulnerability would make our offense just brutal to try and stop.

I will say that I love the way Gio looked and I do think that he's a great change of pace and dangerous as something the defense has to plan for, but I just don't think that he's the bell cow we need for the every down work, especially when it gets cold in the AFCN and for the playoffs in Cincinnati, New England, Etc..
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 07:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So you both think that it's still Hill without any hesitation?  

Who was the starting RB after Hill fumbled twice at the Browns and was pulled in the 2nd half?
Reply/Quote
I think Gio will start the game vs. the Ravens, to continue to send a message, but I think eventually we'll go more with Hill, providing he fixes the problem. I feel that it'll work out at about 60-40, as someone else said.

I just think we should feel very good about having them both, and I think both will have plenty of chances to help the team. I think the contrasting styles are also a nice plus, and that makes it harder to prepare for us.

And, oh yeah, there's also AJ Green, Tyler Eifert and Marvin Jones to worry about.
Reply/Quote
Will Hill still thrill and chill till Bills?  Tee hee Big Grin Sorry. Couldn't help myself  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Ay yi yi, remember when Hill was so great that we either wanted to trade Gio or turn him into a slot WR so Hue wouldn't be tempted to DARE use him and take touches away from Hill?
Reply/Quote