Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should be Bengals next Head Coach?!
Please provide your top selection and reasoning.

The one thing I will say is that I'd go offense, our D will be just fine with Guenther.
Reply/Quote
I would go for Josh McDaniels. Head coaching experience, offensive guy. He's also young and from a strong organization and he's a realistic candidate. For me, he checks all of the boxes. He had way substandard talent in Denver. I'm not holding that against him at all. In fact, I like that he had a previous head coaching gig. Cincinnati's talent is much much better than he had there.

I believe a lot of the coaches would be leaving with a new HC. Guenther included.
Reply/Quote
Josh McDaniels with hue Jackson coming back(supposedly will be fired before end of season) as oc.
Reply/Quote
Would've like Kyle Shannahan last year. I'll settle for McDaniels now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 06:52 PM)jason Wrote: Would've like Kyle Shannahan last year. I'll settle for McDaniels now.

After watching him in SF, i'm starting to have some doubts.
Reply/Quote
Short list: 

Frank Reich
Matt LaFleur
Matt Patricia
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 08:05 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Short list: 

Frank Reich
Matt LaFleur
Matt Patricia

Of the three, I'd likely go with Patricia.  He has the most well rounded resume, with experience calling plays on both sides of the ball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Pat Shurmur
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 08:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pat Shurmur

Was just about to add Pat to this list lol. I think hes ready for another HC shot along with Todd Haley.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 08:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Of the three, I'd likely go with Patricia.  He has the most well rounded resume, with experience calling plays on both sides of the ball.

This.

Reply/Quote
Jim Harbaugh. Offensive mind, stern, led the 49ers and 2 college programs to quick turnarounds. 49ers played well in big games.

"Realistic" option? Matt LaFleur. QB coach for Matt Ryan during MVP super bowl run. QB coach for RGIII for his ROY campaign. OC that turned around Goff and the Rams offense.

"Bengals realistic" option? Hue Jackson, Guenther or Vance Joseph. Maybe Marv Jr. I don't want these guys, but when you're a Bengals fan, set your sights low, then pick someone under that. That will be the most likely pick(s).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Josh Mcdaniels- He's offensive minded and shows emotion during a game.

OR

Jon Gruden

It cannot be in house or Hue jackson. This team needs a whole new face in this organization.
Reply/Quote
This team needs fire and motivation on the sidelines. MCDANIELS OR GRUDEN
Reply/Quote
Im not on the Josh McDaniels train. He's never developed anyone and when he got a shot anywhere besides New England it's went bad.

If I was McDaniels I would have never went back to New England after his Head coach failure. He should have went somewhere else as an OC or even a QB coach and showed he could develop a QB and an Offense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 08:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Jim Harbaugh. Offensive mind, stern, led the 49ers and 2 college programs to quick turnarounds. 49ers played well in big games.

"Realistic" option? Matt LaFleur. QB coach for Matt Ryan during MVP super bowl run. QB coach for RGIII for his ROY campaign. OC that turned around Goff and the Rams offense.

"Bengals realistic" option? Hue Jackson, Guenther or Vance Joseph. Maybe Marv Jr. I don't want these guys, but when you're a Bengals fan, set your sights low, then pick someone under that. That will be the most likely pick(s).

So sad and so true.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Guenther is totally how MB rolls... I'd give that a 70% chance of happening. McDaniel is my favorite, that ain't happening. How about an NFC guy with an awesome name? Jim Bob Cooter from the Lions... That name kicks butt! Lol
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2017, 08:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Jim Harbaugh. Offensive mind, stern, led the 49ers and 2 college programs to quick turnarounds. 49ers played well in big games.

Honestly I'm at the point where I really don't care as long as there's change.

The main thing I want is sweeping changes, I'd love to see Both Marvin and Paul Alexander and the lion's share of the rest of the gang gone !

And I don't want for sure no how, no way, any current or even past Bengal coaches promoted or hired except for Zimmer which ain't happening.

We really need a complete culture change ! Letting Marvin walk, keeping the majority of the staff (especially PA) in place and hiring a new HC basically does nothing !

But like you say set your sights low. We'll probably end up with Hue Jackson
Reply/Quote
Who do I want is a hard one because I don't see any really exciting people except Gruden, that would hype this city to the max but it won't happen I don't believe. I also would like a guy with passion and that's been a player like Dave lapham or even boomer I think that would be really fun.

But who I think it will be is either hue Jackson or gunther ,and out of the two I'll go with hue jackson.
Reply/Quote
No A-List coach is going to take this job, unless the Bengals make significant changes, and give he new guy broad control over things.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Should:
Matt Nagy (KC OC)
Frank Reich (PHI OC)
Pete Carmichael (NO OC)
Terry Robiskie (TEN OC)

Probably Will:
Guenther
Alexander

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote