Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should we add when Driskel goes on IR or cut/add?
I always liked David Johnson as a blocker and the former Steeler TE is now available.

I would cut Carter and hopefully get him to the practice squad

I would like at adding Boone also for Injured QB Driskel who goes on IR tomorrow

Who do you like?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
TJ Ward is the big name that jumps out, mostly due to the injuries at safety we currently have.

However, I think it will be a waiver claim on a young guy who "we really liked coming out" and "has a lot of football left". We just don't go for the vets.

I'm excited to see the whole list of who's available as I'm certain we will add a name or two within the next few days.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 09:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I always liked David Johnson as a blocker and the former Steeler TE is now available.

I would like at adding Boone also for Injured QB Driskel who goes on IR tomorrow

Who do you like?

It's a shame that Boone never caught on at T in the Pros.  He was one heck of a RT in college.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Gotta be D.

Sitting at 27 O and 23 on D.

Id say Cox or Wilson. With 2 banged up starting safeties we could use another body back there if Shaw is going to be playing every ST snap.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 09:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I always liked David Johnson as a blocker and the former Steeler TE is now available.

Who do you like?

Yeah Boone and TJ for Carter and Driskel
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 10:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Gotta be D.

Sitting at 27 O and 23 on D.

Id say Cox or Wilson. With 2 banged up starting safeties we could use another body back there if Shaw is going to be playing every ST snap.

I could see that as well or as was mentioned TJ Ward is available.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I actually see us going D, with Driskel being placed on IR. I think we go with Brandon Wilson, he allows us to use him on special teams, 4th RB, and backup Safety. We moved him to get him, I think he stays
Reply/Quote
Brandon Wilson. Hope he makes it on the PS.
Reply/Quote
If I had to guess who gets Driskel's spot...it will be Adam Jones after his one week suspension. Shaw becomes the flex safety guy and Pacman goes back to corner.

Now, if Williams goes on the IR as well after this with his injury, I could see Wilson coming to the 53.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If we bring in someone from the outside I'd like for it to be Will Sutton.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Dorian Johnson was cut by az. I don't know his injury situation but I'd check him out
Reply/Quote
Jim said we should be looking for a lot of waiver claims on Sunday around the NFL
Reply/Quote
Ted Karras T/G from the Patriots
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
I want Graham Gano. He has an excellent track record and a strong leg.

TJ Ward would be an upgrade. I'm sure there's a scrap heap o-lineman that'd probably be an upgrade to our depth at the very least.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 01:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Jim said we should be looking for a lot of waiver claims on Sunday around the NFL

Be interesting to see how the new format of 90 to 53 works out for them. Might be a thing that teams go back and decide against for next season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I think it will probably be a defensive lineman. 8 is very thin for us. It could be a a guy on waivers, or I could see them resigning Clarke or Gilberry. I don't see any way that it's Wilson, who missed all of TC and has little experience at S. If we add a S, I think it will be a vet or waiver claim. I don't see it being Ward due to the contracts Iloka and Williams have.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 12:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If we bring in someone from the outside I'd like for it to be Will Sutton.

Sutton is an interesting drop by the Vikings. My only worry is first the Bears and now the Vikings since being drafted in 2014. Why?

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 12:36 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If I had to guess who gets Driskel's spot...it will be Adam Jones after his one week suspension. Shaw becomes the flex safety guy and Pacman goes back to corner.

Now, if Williams goes on the IR as well after this with his injury, I could see Wilson coming to the 53.

We will IR Driskel today  (for this week) opening up 1 roister spot. Then mext week we know we have an opening when have a cut when Jones comes back.

Reply/Quote
I think we add a DLine to give us 9.. possible bring back Gilberry if not picked up is my guess
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2017, 08:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sutton is an interesting drop by the Vikings. My only worry is first the Bears and now the Vikings since being drafted in 2014. Why?

With the Bears he just didn't fit their 3-4 scheme. He plays around 280 and they had him at 300+. 

As to the Vikings: who knows? Maybe Zims can only coach talent; not select it. It definitely wasn't because he had a poor preseason.   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote