Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wants to eat crow over Auden Tate? And also what i expect Sunday
1st thing, Auden Tate. Im so happy they brought him up this week instead of keeping him on the PS. Now if only they will play him and get him involved in this offense. Which is another thing and why i cant stand our coaches. I think Tate should of already made the 53. He proved in camp and a preseason game he can be clutch and make big catches. Someones going to point out his stats and say he didnt do hardly anything,but he was also playing with all scrubs and not much playing time. Our offense all preseason didnt score much.

So i did my research tonight on Tate some more. He played every wide out position x,y,and z. He was one of their qbs favorite targets and one of their biggest playmakers,on a big program team florida state. He didnt have the qb they have now it was some guy i never heard of. In the youtube comments plenty of fans were wanting to draft Tate they seen something in him. Florida state fans defended him in the comments and they liked the guy. So i also seen so called professionals saying he can be tight end that hes a ok blocker. I agree he could be used there too. Sort of like eifert played tight end and wide receiver. Just imagine this is a huge guy you can line up anywhere to get a big size advantage hes 6'5 almost 6'6. He jumps with his long arms and will go get it out of the air. Hes not scared of hits coming because hes big. His hands are great. People wanted that slow tight end out of penn state because of size but have bad things to say about tate? Doesnt make any sense to me.

So do i think hes going to come in and be a stud? No but i think he can be a important piece of the offense to get us into the playoffs and win a playoff game. Also im hoping we see john ross get some targets and do some good things this game. The aj green injury could be a blessing in disguise because our coaches/management doesnt do nothing unless there is injury or we are out of it. Why i dont know. If we can get these two involved it will be better in the long run.

I dont really expect a win vs the saints this sunday because i found out they have the #1 o line and kamara will most likely eat our linebackers alive. Plus michael thomas, but the thing is ive noticed,their other options arent that good. But i said the same thing about kc and they blew us away because their stars was just unstoppable. But i will give us about a 40% chance of winning IF ross and tate can both produce. Even if we lose if i see either of these guys doing good,i take that as a moral victory and we will end up being a better team because of it. Then if either or both can produce i predict we will beat the ravens.

So who thinks Tate wont make a difference ? Or will he? Lets see whos going to eat the crow on him. If i had money to bet id put money that he will make plays giving playing time. The guy is going to be a mismatch on shorter guys.
Reply/Quote
Tate is brought up because Green is going to be out week(s) I suspect. If that is the case, Tate will get some catches, but Bungles still lose. It's a post-bye game against Drew Brees.
Reply/Quote
One cannot deny the dimensions that he brings to the game. I only hope he can deliver on what I believe his strengths are. He's a possession WR. He need to command some attention in the slot and middle of the field and be a threat in the red zone on 50/50 Balls. If he can give a 5-6 catch 80 yard day and maybe a TD then I think the Bengals will be okay. With that said, Ross, Erickson, Malone and Core need to step it up. I'm not concerned about Boyd. The rest of them have to contribute in a better than average way. Its good we are getting Bernard back and Mixon needs to shine as I truly believe they are about to put him in true "bell cow" mode.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 09:49 AM)Air Force 1 Wrote: One cannot deny the dimensions that  he brings to the game. I only hope he can deliver on what I believe his strengths are. He's a possession WR. He need to command some attention in the slot and middle of the field and be a threat in the red zone on 50/50 Balls. If he can give a 5-6 catch 80 yard day and maybe a TD then I think the Bengals will be okay. With that said,  Ross, Erickson, Malone and Core need to step it up. I'm not concerned about Boyd. The rest of them have to contribute in a better than average way. Its good we are getting Bernard back and Mixon needs to shine as I truly believe they are about to put him in true "bell cow" mode.

I do not expect goofy marvin to play him,that would make too much sense.And dalton has got to start throwing to all the other guys,like tate,and number 80 out of tenn.The only way they have even a remote chance is to play ball control.I see a 41 to 10 beat down.the saints could easily make the super bowl.we are an 8 and 8 team with dalton and this coaching staff who is just awlful.Marvin and company will be outcoached so bad its going to be obvious. So sad to watch this team again this year.fifty years and counting. the worse franchise is all of sports history.ugh.why us???? Hilarious LMAO Sad Cool Cry
Reply/Quote
When it comes down to needing a play the ball will go to those with the best hands. That would mean Boyd first up, and I assume Dalton will likely get desperate and try to force it to Boyd, but let's assume he doesn't. That would put Tate higher in the picking order than say a guy like Ross, who may not even run the right route.

But, of course, Marv will not play Tate so we'll never know.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I think Tate will be listed as inactive unless another WR other than AJ ends up being out.
I see it as...
WR1 - Boyd
WR2 - Ross
Slot - Erickson
Backups - Core, Malone
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Going to be awkward in here when Sunday’s comes and gos and Tate does almost nothing to make anyone eat crow.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 02:27 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: 1st thing, Auden Tate. Im so happy they brought him up this week instead of keeping him on the PS. Now if only they will play him and get him involved in this offense. Which is another thing and why i cant stand our coaches. I think Tate should of already made the 53. He proved in camp and a preseason game he can be clutch and make big catches. Someones going to point out his stats and say he didnt do hardly anything,but he was also playing with all scrubs and not much playing time. Our offense all preseason didnt score much.

So i did my research tonight on Tate some more. He played every wide out position x,y,and z. He was one of their qbs favorite targets and one of their biggest playmakers,on a big program team florida state. He didnt have the qb they have now it was some guy i never heard of. In the youtube comments plenty of fans were wanting to draft Tate they seen something in him. Florida state fans defended him in the comments and they liked the guy. So i also seen so called professionals saying he can be tight end that hes a ok blocker. I agree he could be used there too. Sort of like eifert played tight end and wide receiver. Just imagine this is a huge guy you can line up anywhere to get a big size advantage hes 6'5 almost 6'6. He jumps with his long arms and will go get it out of the air. Hes not scared of hits coming because hes big. His hands are great. People wanted that slow tight end out of penn state because of size but have bad things to say about tate? Doesnt make any sense to me.

So do i think hes going to come in and be a stud? No but i think he can be a important piece of the offense to get us into the playoffs and win a playoff game. Also im hoping we see john ross get some targets and do some good things this game. The aj green injury could be a blessing in disguise because our coaches/management doesnt do nothing unless there is injury or we are out of it. Why i dont know. If we can get these two involved it will be better in the long run.

I dont really expect a win vs the saints this sunday because i found out they have the #1 o line and kamara will most likely eat our linebackers alive. Plus michael thomas, but the thing is ive noticed,their other options arent that good. But i said the same thing about kc and they blew us away because their stars was just unstoppable. But i will give us about a 40% chance of winning IF ross and tate can both produce. Even if we lose if i see either of these guys doing good,i take that as a moral victory and we will end up being a better team because of it. Then if either or both can produce i predict we will beat the ravens.

So who thinks Tate wont make a difference ? Or will he? Lets see whos going to eat the crow on him. If i had money to bet id put money that he will make plays giving playing time. The guy is going to be a mismatch on shorter guys.
let see tate do something in a game first?
Reply/Quote
I doubt Tate is even active.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
1 catch, 11 yards. That is my prediction. Very tiny crow.
Reply/Quote
It has gotten to the point wher you ask yourself,what do we have to lose?The Saints are a super bowl caliber team for sure.If I were the head coach,I would start Auden Tate in AJ’s place.And yes,he would play the slot at times on third downs.Move him around,just like they did AJ.
Reply/Quote
Don't really get the hype for Tate. What'd he have? Three catches in preseason?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 10:35 AM)motoarch Wrote: Going to be awkward in here when Sunday’s comes and gos and Tate does almost nothing to make anyone eat crow.

The Tate lovers will never eat crow because they willinsist that it is MARVIN'S fault when Tate does nothing.

Remember how Jake Kumerow became an NFL star as soon as he was out from under Marvin?
Reply/Quote
Just to make it clear I would be thrilled if tate becomes a good player for the Bengals.  I have never said it was not possible.  I always say you can not judge a player after just one season.  

I just think the amount of hype he gets for doing noting is a little ridiculous.  If all it took to be an unstoppable red zone threat was to be 6'5" with no great speed or leaping ability I am sure every NFL team could find a guy like that.
Reply/Quote
I think a lot of fans get overly excited about preseason games and camp where a WR is going against #8 CB's.

Tate may eventually develop into a decent Pro...but guys like Core, Malone, and Ross who looked good in camp and preseason have done next to nothing during the season.

Tate should be given a try because of those guys poor play if nothing else.
Reply/Quote
Tate is not very good right now. He will likely do nothing this weekend. There's a really good chance that he won't even be active.

Tate is the next Cobi Hamilton/Cody Core/Armon Binns/Marcus Maxwell.
Reply/Quote
Hope he goes for 20/200/3.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
bu..bu...but Tate is a rookie, no way he can do better than Ross. Don't forget, Bengals rookie receivers get a full year of forgiveness plus an automatic extension for any pre or post existing injuries and a guaranteed spot in the team.
Reply/Quote
Over/under on Tate catches for Sunday? I'll say 1.5 and go with under. Seen this story before, and guarantee Core sees more offensive snaps than Tate.
Reply/Quote
Hey, the kid made it this far for some reason. He's on an NFL squad. Work his butt off this week on a few plays, put him in the game on those, and see what he does. What's the big deal? That he will take away snaps from Malone and Core?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote