Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wants to eat crow over Auden Tate? And also what i expect Sunday
(11-07-2018, 02:48 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I feel like Tate is the second coming of Desmond Briscoe around here.

Good we got you on record saying it
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:24 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Actually they could never get on the damn field together besides 2015. Sanu and jones on their final year. So yeah when draft time comes and everyone starts getting exstatic about draftees the cycle will continue.

So you are seriously trying to argue that A J Green, Mo Sanu, Marvin Jones, and Tyler Boyd never produced in their first two seasons? 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you are seriously trying to argue that A J Green, Mo Sanu, Marvin Jones, and Tyler Boyd never produced in their first two seasons? 

No i wasnt saying none produced,im talking about the hype of the draft and rookies every year. Then you start hearing the excuses you never hear like Malik Jefferson is raw and cant pick up the defense. John ross cant pickup the offense or run routes lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you are seriously trying to argue that A J Green, Mo Sanu, Marvin Jones, and Tyler Boyd never produced in their first two seasons? 

it took Mo And Jones a few seasons to become consistent contributors.  we weren't able to have both on the field due to injuries and other factors for more than a few games till their 3rd year.

Boyd had a decent rookie year but 2nd year was derailed by injury and legal issues.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: it took Mo And Jones a few seasons to become consistent contributors.  we weren't able to have both on the field due to injuries and other factors for more than a few games till their 3rd year.

Boyd had a decent rookie year but 2nd year was derailed by injury and legal issues.

Exactly
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: it took Mo And Jones a few seasons to become consistent contributors.  we weren't able to have both on the field due to injuries and other factors for more than a few games till their 3rd year.

Also boyd had to be behind lafell in the targets,i hated lafell being a big part of the game plan. Look at lafell now in oakland. He sucks
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: it took Mo And Jones a few seasons to become consistent contributors. 

(11-07-2018, 03:37 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Exactly

Uh, no.  Not exactly.

In their rookie seasons Green and Boyd combined for 119 receptions, 1660 yds, and 8 tds

In their second seasons Sanu and Jones combined for 98 receptions, 1167 yards, and 12 tds.

But, like I said, don't let facts get in the way of squealing about how Bengal fans have to make excuses for WRs not having anyproduction for three years.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why are you assuming Core or Malone, or both are going to not do anything? These guys had the chance to practice the #1 routes with AJ out with AD, I am hopeful these 2 surprise us, if Tate is active I root for him as well.

The assumption Malone and Core will suck and Tate will be the savior make no sense to me. Tate is not the next man up, Malone or Core are next man up. Ross may be next man up as well.

Let's pray someone steps up to help Boyd.

I think you're misunderstanding my thoughts on Tate.  I am, in no way, insinuating he is going to be a savior. As for the other two, that assumption is based on what I have seen out of them on the field.  Tate is the wild card here....we haven't seen much at all of him.  Maybe he's better, maybe he is way worse.  It's just speculation.  I answered a post that assumed he might get a few first downs and a few red zone targets.....well.....IF he were to do that, it's more than the other two have shown, combined.

I actually look for Ross to step in, and step up. We need him to.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Malone and Core aren't as new as Tate, so the bloom is off the rose.  Next year there is a chance we fall in love with someone else and Auden Tate becomes yesterday's hype.

I never hyped those guys, and I'm not really hyping this cat either.  What I AM saying is that those two have not exactly done much of consequence in two years.  Will Tate?  Who knows?  That's the discussion at hand.  I didn't see Core do much at Ole Miss, didn't watch much of Malone, so I don't remember him at UT.  I did watch a lot of Tate at FSU, and I know he at least has good hands and a good catch radius.  It's the speed that is lacking there.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: I never hyped those guys, and I'm not really hyping this cat either.  What I AM saying is that those two have not exactly done much of consequence in two years.  Will Tate?  Who knows?  That's the discussion at hand.  I didn't see Core do much at Ole Miss, didn't watch much of Malone, so I don't remember him at UT.  I did watch a lot of Tate at FSU, and I know he at least has good hands and a good catch radius.  It's the speed that is lacking there.

Speed doesn't always translate as well as some people think. Quickness and lateral movement are keys to getting open, and the ability to catch contested balls are what I like about Tate that I've seen so far. I would be surprised if he plays, but I'd like to see what he can do in a real game situation, and as many feel,; the other two have done little to impress so far. Time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, no.  Not exactly.

In their rookie seasons Green and Boyd combined for 119 receptions, 1660 yds, and 8 tds

In their second seasons Sanu and Jones combined for 98 receptions, 1167 yards, and 12 tds.

But, like I said, don't let facts get in the way of squealing about how Bengal fans have to make excuses for WRs not having anyproduction for three years.

I didnt say just for receivers i said for all rookies.. theres always some surprising excuses like jefferson is so raw he cant understand a playbook..when people saud hes a beast when we drafted him.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: I never hyped those guys, and I'm not really hyping this cat either.  What I AM saying is that those two have not exactly done much of consequence in two years.  Will Tate?  Who knows?  That's the discussion at hand.  I didn't see Core do much at Ole Miss, didn't watch much of Malone, so I don't remember him at UT.  I did watch a lot of Tate at FSU, and I know he at least has good hands and a good catch radius.  It's the speed that is lacking there.

Im usually looking at speed like brandon lafell could not get seperation and wasnt the speed guy we needed, but lafell wasnt 6'5 and big and can jump and snatch the ball from about anyone. I dont see how anyone could of defended lafell and not see potential in tate. We got malone who runs a 4.4 and they dont use him on deep passes and havnt seen him get seperation either.. 

I do think tate can provide us with long catches also, but people think him not being a burner or quick feet route runner just makes him a over hyped bum. I cant wait till he proves different.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 03:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, no.  Not exactly.

how many games did each play in year 2...  

I don't make excusses for WRs just try and diagnose the reasons...
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 06:10 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I didnt say just for receivers i said for all rookies.. 

(11-07-2018, 01:57 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: But yeah i cant wait for the next draft where they hype them up and when the season comes people will say well hes so raw and doesnt know the plays and cant run routes and and hes a rookie it takes 3 years for a player to come to his own and and maybe next year guys we got too many injuries you know, we all knew it was a rebuild. And and we got alex erickson the guy is a stud. 

Yeah, right.  You were talking about all rookies "running routes" and comparing them to Alex Ericson.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 06:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, right.  You were talking about all rookies "running routes" and comparing them to Alex Ericson.

Yeah i went on a half jokingly rant. Is that a criminal offense?but i wasnt just talking about receivers. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 06:30 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Yeah i went on a half jokingly rant. Is that a criminal offense?

Not a criminal offense.  Just not supported by facts.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 06:06 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Speed doesn't always translate as well as some people think. Quickness and lateral movement are keys to getting open, and the ability to catch contested balls are what I like about Tate that I've seen so far. I would be surprised if he plays, but I'd like to see what he can do in a real game situation, and as many feel,; the other two have done little to impress so far. Time will tell.

Oh, I absolutely agree. It's why I was happy they got him. I saw a lot of this at FSU. I've been following the Seminoles since the mid 80s.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 06:15 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Im usually looking at speed like brandon lafell could not get seperation and wasnt the speed guy we needed, but lafell wasnt 6'5 and big and can jump and snatch the ball from about anyone. I dont see how anyone could of defended lafell and not see potential in tate. We got malone who runs a 4.4 and they dont use him on deep passes and havnt seen him get seperation either.. 

I do think tate can provide us with long catches also, but people think him not being a burner or quick feet route runner just makes him a over hyped bum. I cant wait till he proves different.

I feel ya.... I'm anxious for him to at least get a shot too. I know he was able to get open and sometimes get open deep at FSU.  Interested to see how it pans out at this level. We trotted out some real scrubs on the oline, which made our mediocre QBs struggle even more. He did well there when you consider all of the factors working against the passing game since Famous Jameis and his crew left town. In fact, the whole reason I wanted Dalvin Cook was his ability to run behind a piss poor o line....which is what we had here...lol 

Reply/Quote