Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whos our Next OC?
(01-11-2016, 12:46 AM)Trademark Wrote: Heck no 

Not gving him control of the roster. He sucks at that. But he is a good offensive mind.
Reply/Quote
Mike Munchak.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:54 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Not gving him control of the roster. He sucks at that. But he is a good offensive mind.

Hmm, well people seem to forget our current OC was also an abysmally bad GM when he was given the chance, too.  It's not like our OC is going to become the unquestioned GM around here.  Then again, he could be disagreeing for other reasons.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In house, I agree that Urban and Zampese are the only real options. Alexander is a line coach, and shouldn't do anything else. Bratkowski hasn't had a real coaching job in years, and for good reason. He also runs an offense not suited to Dalton (or AJM).

From outside, I'd dig up everything I can find on former West Coast offensive coordinator guys like Joe Philbin, Pep Hamilton, Doug Marrone, and Marty Mornhinweg. I'd also spend a lot of energy combing through the offensive staffs of the Saints, Seahawks, Packers, and maybe Chargers (I think McCoy is a West Coast guy who does a lot of hybrid work to tune his offense to his QB.... Maybe he's got an assistant with the same skillset).

Staying West Coast is my key. I don't want the entire team learning a new offense. I also think the stressing of quick evaluation (pre and post snap), intermediate passing, and timing routes plays to all of Dalton's strengths.
Reply/Quote
Dirk Koetter

Have to imagine he will be one of marvins first calls if he doesn't get a head coaching job.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:48 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Bob Bratkowski or Paul Alexander.

If that happens I'm taking a year off.
Reply/Quote
It won't be either of those two.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:44 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Since Hue is pretty much gone...

Who is gonna be our next OC? Paul Alexander?

PA has been here since before Marvin and has never been given the OC job.  Why would that change now?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:36 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If Chip Kelly doesn't get a head coach job he should be at the top of our list.

Kelly will sit out a year and get a head coaching gig in the NFL or go back to college.  I can't imagine a circumstance where he would agree to be a NFL OC.
Reply/Quote
I say they make Paul Alexander the OC.. Then finally the OLine might improve.

People saying how good the O-line has been this season, it's a mirage.. Andy Dalton's quick release was necessary because the line couldn't hold for more than 2.1 seconds.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:11 PM)bengals73 Wrote: People saying how good the O-line has been this season, it's a mirage.. Andy Dalton's quick released was necessary because the line couldn't hold for more than 2.1 seconds.
Agreed.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:11 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I say they make Paul Alexander the OC.. Then finally the OLine might improve.

People saying how good the O-line has been this season, it's a mirage.. Andy Dalton's quick release was necessary because the line couldn't hold for more than 2.1 seconds.

ive been saying that for years and no one listens.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ive been saying that for years and no one listens.

It's evident in the running game and how the OLine played with AJM in there.  If you need like 6 Olinemen , Blocking TE and a FB and can't get more than two yards, something is really wrong. 

Now I have seen some good plays in the running game this year, So I'm not totally shitting on them - consistency and Pass blocking are what I'm talking about. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:21 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dirk Koetter

Have to imagine he will be one of marvins first calls if he doesn't get a head coaching job.

It's possible, but I think he runs a vertical passing game of the Coryell variety. Aside from that style of offense not playing to Andy's strengths (or the offensive line), I think it has radically different verbiage. 
Reply/Quote
So.....we're not firing Mediocre Marv.....if that's the case, some of his Merry Band of Tenured Bums need shown the door.

If PA or Brat are made OC, (they won't be), then Bonnie, it may more than a year for me. Hilarious

I don't know who it will be, but it needs to be someone close to Hue Jackson in philosophy so we aren't stuck learning a new offense again.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Hopefully they go outside and get someone with a successful track record cause there is no one in house that can do the job
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:02 PM)gobobro Wrote: It's possible, but I think he runs a vertical passing game of the Coryell variety. Aside from that style of offense not playing to Andy's strengths (or the offensive line), I think it has radically different verbiage. 

Hue ran a different deal than Jay but he adapted some verbage which I am sure Koetter or any outside hire would do .... Our coordinators should be titled soon to be head coaches lol.

I am sure our OC position will be highly sought after. We should be able to get anyone we want
Reply/Quote
Dalton learned to get rid of the ball quickly or suffer the consequences of a Piano Boi's line of fantasy.

Andre Smith...is there a bigger cardboard cutout on pass protection in the league?

Undisciplined, untimely penalties...just add pressure and watch them fold like a lawn chair.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:52 PM)Rattler Wrote: Dalton learned to get rid of the ball quickly or suffer the consequences of a Piano Boi's line of fantasy.

Andre Smith...is there a bigger cardboard cutout on pass protection in the league?

Undisciplined, untimely penalties...just add pressure and watch them fold like a lawn chair.

Ogbhuei at RT should help that pass pro next year.
Reply/Quote
Zampese.
Reply/Quote