Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whos our Next OC?
(01-11-2016, 12:11 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I say they make Paul Alexander the OC.. Then finally the OLine might improve.

People saying how good the O-line has been this season, it's a mirage.. Andy Dalton's quick release was necessary because the line couldn't hold for more than 2.1 seconds.

So he already can't do his job, so let's give him a bigger job with more responsibility?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:59 PM)Benton Wrote: Zampese.

That's the way Mike Brown works for sure...it does offer some continuity for Dalton.

I'm sure a fresh, more dynamic target is available but will be passed over.
Reply/Quote

Interested to hear why you think he is ready now? We passed him over when we hired Jay and Hue.
Reply/Quote

He's already been passed over twice.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Interested to hear why you think he is ready now?  We passed him over when we hired Jay and Hue.

(01-11-2016, 02:06 PM)McC Wrote: He's already been passed over twice.

We let Hue walk, too, when he was a WR coach being courted as an OC. And brought him back with a made up position.

Zampese is starting to get some interest for OC jobs. He'll get more considering how quickly AJ went from 'he'll never play in the NFL' to 2-1 in the regular season and looks like he could be a serviceable someday for someone.  Similar with Dalton of 'he'll never be a top QB' but he was on his way to a top season.

I think he Zampese will be a top consideration.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:00 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: So he already can't do his job, so let's give him a bigger job with more responsibility?

It was supposed to be laced with Sarcasm i.e. Ninja  - This guy has sucked for years and needs to GTFO
Reply/Quote
No Zampese, No Urban, No Caskey please

We have a loaded offense and should be able to hand select any OC we want.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Good Post
Reply/Quote
Dalton seemed to excel under Hue's system, so it would be nice to find someone who runs one similar. Dalton will be on his third offensive coordinator in six years... does that start to take an effect on him?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:22 PM)Benton Wrote: We let Hue walk, too, when he was a WR coach being courted as an OC. And brought him back with a made up position.

Zampese is starting to get some interest for OC jobs. He'll get more considering how quickly AJ went from 'he'll never play in the NFL' to 2-1 in the regular season and looks like he could be a serviceable someday for someone.  Similar with Dalton of 'he'll never be a top QB' but he was on his way to a top season.

I think he Zampese will be a top consideration.

Fair enough. Where has zampese gotten OC interest?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Fair enough.   Where has zampese gotten OC interest?

I just looked it up.  Zampese has been coaching since 1989, has been in the NFL since 1998, and has been with the Bengals since 2003.  I would think if he were OC material that he would have gotten a job by now... right?  Just please let it be anyone other than the guy with the initials "BB" who currently has an office at PBS...
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:35 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I just looked it up.  Zampese has been coaching since 1989, has been in the NFL since 1998, and has been with the Bengals since 2003.  I would think if he were OC material that he would have gotten a job by now... right?  Just please let it be anyone other than the guy with the initials "BB" who currently has an office at PBS...

Lovie Smith interviewed him years ago when he was with the Bears.

We easily have the best OC position in the league. So we should be able to get anyone we want... This is why I think we get Koetter unless Tampa or SF doesn t peg him as their HC.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Fair enough.   Where has zampese gotten OC interest?

Bears in 11, Detroit last season and there was another team last year or the one before that wanted to talk to him, but I can't recall which one.

Going back, he interviewed or was asked for permission to be interviewed by Miami, 49ers and another team (Arizona?), but that was back like 07-09 ish.
Reply/Quote
Katie Blackburn....keppin it in house!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:02 PM)GodFather Wrote: Katie Blackburn....keppin it in house!

Nah, she's all about the defense.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Jim bob cooter

Macadoo

Guy who was coach in Cleveland for two years and ended up being OC in Philly (name escapes me)
Reply/Quote
Speculation is going around that Zampese is the leading candidate if we promote from within.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:49 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Speculation is going around that Zampese is the leading candidate if we promote from within.

From where?  
Reply/Quote
Is Hue gone yet?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: From where?  

Various reporters on Twitter. The thought is if Hue leaves and we decide to go with someone from within, then Zampese would be option #1. Caskey and Urban are the only other names brought up.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote