Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whos our Next OC?
Apparently the 49ers wanna interview Coughlin So hues not out the door yet
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:07 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Various reporters on Twitter. The thought is if Hue leaves and we decide to go with someone from within, then Zampese would be option #1. Caskey and Urban are the only other names brought up.

That's assuming it comes from within.  But, assuming is what reporters do best, so, who knows?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:30 PM)McC Wrote: That's assuming it comes from within.  But, assuming is what reporters do best, so, who knows?

If Hue leaves, then I'd really like to look outside of the organization before we promote from within.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:32 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If Hue leaves, then I'd really like to look outside of the organization before we promote from within.

The theory of Zampese is because we like Continunity... And would prevent dalton from being on his 3rd system in 4 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:32 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If Hue leaves, then I'd really like to look outside of the organization before we promote from within.

I agree.  I guess the thinking would be that he could run Hue's offense.  But Andy had to go to a better QB coach to finally get over the hump.  I think that turd taking over is a step backwards.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The theory of Zampese is because we like Continunity... And would prevent dalton from being on his 3rd system in 4 years.

Hue's system wasn't that different from Gruden's. He just added a few tweaks.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The theory of Zampese is because we like Continunity... And would prevent dalton from being on his 3rd system in 4 years.

Beat me to it.  Great minds think alike, right? ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:40 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Hue's system wasn't that different from Gruden's. He just added a few tweaks.

a lot of tweaks... Plus dalton was given control which was key to 2015 i believe.

Best thing about Zampese would be he should know dalton the best
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:40 PM)McC Wrote: I agree.  I guess the thinking would be that he could run Hue's offense.  But Andy had to go to a better QB coach to finally get over the hump.  I think that turd taking over is a step backwards.

I really don't know what to think of Zampese anymore. The guy has had his name thrown out a lot for OC jobs throughout the league. I believe he's gotten a couple of interviews, but he never gets the job. I really wanted him to take over for Brat for a while, but it never happened. He was able to call plays when we coached the 2011 Senior Bowl, but we still went out and hired Gruden. That kind of tells me what they thought of Zampese at the time.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:50 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I really don't know what to think of Zampese anymore. The guy has had his name thrown out a lot for OC jobs throughout the league. I believe he's gotten a couple of interviews, but he never gets the job. I really wanted him to take over for Brat for a while, but it never happened. He was able to call plays when we coached the 2011 Senior Bowl, but we still went out and hired Gruden. That kind of tells me what they thought of Zampese at the time.

Yep.  I'm thinking, if we do promote from within, it still won't be him.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: a lot of tweaks...   Plus dalton was given control which was key to 2015 i believe.

Best thing about Zampese would be he should know dalton the best

That's the big reason I'm thinking they go with Zampese. There arguably isn't anyone who knows him better. If we're going forward with him (which we are and should), then who better than a caller who knows his abilities?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 06:59 PM)Benton Wrote: That's the big reason I'm thinking they go with Zampese. There arguably isn't anyone who knows him better. If we're going forward with him (which we are and should), then who better than a caller who knows his abilities?

When he's standing right there in the building and the organization goes to the Arena League to find someone instead, what does that say about how they feel about him?

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 07:04 PM)McC Wrote: When he's standing right there in the building and the organization goes to the Arena League to find someone instead, what does that say about how they feel about him?

Not much.

Hue was here in the building, we let him leave for an OC job... then got rid of our OC and brought in someone. Then we brought Hue back to a made up position. Then made him OC. We got rid of Brat, gave his job out twice, and then brought him back to a made up position. Guenther was in the building when we hired Zimmer.

We hire people, not coaches. Brown (or Marvin or whoever it is) wants the people. I don't think he really cares what the job titles are.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 07:17 PM)Benton Wrote: Not much.

Hue was here in the building, we let him leave for an OC job... then got rid of our OC and brought in someone. Then we brought Hue back to a made up position. Then made him OC. We got rid of Brat, gave his job out twice, and then brought him back to a made up position. Guenther was in the building when we hired Zimmer.

We hire people, not coaches. Brown (or Marvin or whoever it is) wants the people. I don't think he really cares what the job titles are.

Good point.

Reply/Quote
So who's our next OC?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:55 PM)milksheikh Wrote: So who's our next OC?

Dirk Koetter
Reply/Quote
Ken Whisenhunt or Koetter.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:50 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: [Image: USATSI_5735498__1_.0_standard_783.0.jpg]

That's the first picture I've seen of him without a food stain on his clothes. LOL

I think it will be Urban or sadly Brat.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:07 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: That's the first picture I've seen of him without a food stain on his clothes. LOL

I think it will be Urban or sadly Brat.

Why?
Urban has been passed up several times. 

Brat won't be the OC. The way he left with the fans wanting his head would tank fan support. And this team isn't built to run the offense Brat had success with in 04-07
Reply/Quote
Not sure why people say Dirk. Have they researched him? He's been ran out of every town he's coached at.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote