Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why Are The Bengals So Reluctant To Replace Coaches?
(10-03-2023, 05:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not sure we would've drafted a 10 year old kid to play QB for us.  Ninja

We'd start a 10 year old Joe Burrow before we started Jake Browning, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:27 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Im not sure what evidence there was for anyone to believe that Zac was a brilliant offensive guru?  He called plays for 5 games at Miami, losing 3 and averaging a whopping 17 points.  He was just as bad at UC averaging 18 pts per game and lost 8 games.

Being an assistant WR coach for a season and QB coach for 1 year under McVay doesnt really turn a coach into Andy Reid.

He has done well as a HC, I disagree at times, but he has more positives than negatives.

Absolutely…so just as Mike Brown always has, he went in trying to re-invent the wheel and hired a guy with zero track record to back up the hiring. Not to mention we were clearly in transition and rebuilding poised to draft a new franchise QB early and the last thing we needed was an inexperienced unproven head coach. This team knew the o-line was a liability yet they trotted Joe out there and asked him to throw 50+ times a game and ended up with a shredded knee.

Had Andy Reid drafted Burrow he’d have at least 2 rings right now easily. The offensive game plan is elementary…their play design is elementary. Last year despite the success, the season was riddled with moments of wtfs? Even with winning there were plenty of moments where it was really evident Taylor and Callahan were out of their league with play calling. Now that Joe Burrow is extremely limited those deficiencies are magnified x100.

Every bit of success this team has had these past two seasons are in spite of the coaching staff and front office, not because of.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 09:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You are an easy mark sir

Interesting choice of words; easy mark. One who is easily duped, deceived, tricked.

You’ve claimed to know the current internal draft hierarchy with the present day Bengals then claimed you don’t know know that information on the same damn page.

Yet, you claim I’m “naive” and an “easy mark” because I don’t believe both of your inconsistent stories?

Which begs the question, an easy mark for what? Which of your two stories is a deception you used to dupe me?

Oh, and convincing me you’re not making up stories by duping me with a made up story . . . chef’s kiss. Brilliant. I never saw that one coming.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 09:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We'd start a 10 year old Joe Burrow before we started Jake Browning, though.

I don't know. Burrow already has small hands, remember? Imagine how tiny they were at 10. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 10:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They're widespread on this board where something gets said, then parroted over and over. Pollack is a well-respected line coach among NFL personnel, and his career shows why

https://x.com/nangleberger/status/1709711204980068755?s=46&t=rFJQLErP7GUNjRISzVsJ0A

Yeah these stats are sooooo respectable Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:27 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Im not sure what evidence there was for anyone to believe that Zac was a brilliant offensive guru?  He called plays for 5 games at Miami, losing 3 and averaging a whopping 17 points.  He was just as bad at UC averaging 18 pts per game and lost 8 games.

Being an assistant WR coach for a season and QB coach for 1 year under McVay doesnt really turn a coach into Andy Reid.

He has done well as a HC, I disagree at times, but he has more positives than negatives.

Yeah there is no way (I hope) he would have hired a guy with his same qualifications to do the job
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote