Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Why Can't You Just Believe In Joe Mixon
Tiger

Why not just run the football.

Nice job on these Joe G.
https://youtu.be/3gjqaNQdSDQ
Reply/Quote
Been there done that. Airing it out seems like the key to success this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 10:24 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Put Chris Evans in or let Perine run the rock.  If that fails, I'd abandon the run.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Because he's averaging 3.3ypc. Why can't you stop making stupid threads? 
Reply/Quote

I agree and I've said it all along: LET THE BIG DOG EAT!

I know Mixon runs well from the shotgun, but I think play action is more effective form under center and we need to draw up the linebackers with play-action and go to Hurst more over the middle without Chase. That will also leave Boyd and Higgins single covered.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 10:40 PM)TheFan Wrote: Because he's averaging 3.3ypc. Why can't you stop making stupid threads? 

Just wanted to highlight the cogent part of this whole thing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hopefully we get the run game going on Monday night. The Browns have been bad against the run. I'm sure we'll have to throw quite a bit but it may be a good game to get all 3 guys involved in the run game.
Reply/Quote
I’d like to see Burrow throw the ball 45+ times in Monday night’s game.Run Mixon now and then just to keep them honest.
Reply/Quote
The lines of yesteryear were more the zone blocking scheme that Mixon excels in. Using screens, RPOs, traps, duos, vanilla gap stuff seems to be working. Maybe mix in some max protect play action and throw him some circle and wheel routes for the big play stuff. I like how they're using the pass game for yards and the run game for red zone points. It's a good look. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 10:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree and I've said it all along: LET THE BIG DOG EAT!

I know Mixon runs well from the shotgun, but I think play action is more effective form under center and we need to draw up the linebackers with play-action and go to Hurst more over the middle without Chase. That will also leave Boyd and Higgins single covered.

The offense has been an abysmal failure this year from under C and you're saying the answer to Chase being out is move the offense back under C?
Reply/Quote

Because it would be nice to actually win some games.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 02:45 AM)Whatever Wrote: The offense has been an abysmal failure this year from under C and you're saying the answer to Chase being out is move the offense back under C?

No kidding
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
At this point I would shop Mixon in a trade situation. There is really no sense in keeping him since he isn't used much and isn't much of a blocker.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 09:19 AM)M.W. Wrote: At this point I would shop Mixon in a trade situation.  There is really no sense in keeping him since he isn't used much and isn't much of a blocker.

1.  Not gonna happen
2.  Why would anybody give anything of value?
3.  Contract too high 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Poor vision
One of the worst in NFL at breaking tackles
Rumors of injury
No speed to get outside
Predictable formations
Safeties will likely not be in cover 2 without Chase

Need more?  Ok, we are a passing team.  One guy doesn't change that.  LET JOE COOK.  I know he wants the Browns after going 0-3 against them.  
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2022, 09:59 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: 1.  Not gonna happen
2.  Why would anybody give anything of value?
3.  Contract too high 

I din't say trade, shop.  You never know until you try, I agree but you never know until you try.
Reply/Quote
Mixon will get his touches and he's a lot better receiver than most realize and the Oline is starting to open some holes for him. They're not going to trade Mixon.. That's just nonsense talk..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Cause he sucks ass. We need to be able to “just run the ball”. I like the fact that we have had success passing the ball to setup the run the past couple weeks.
Reply/Quote
We will not be seeing those 2 high safeties with Chase out and running is going to get tougher.

Yet the O-line did him or Burrow no favors early on and now seem to be playing better, so who knows.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Browns have not been good against the run. Now with Chase out, this would be a great game to be able to run the ball. Will we (or can we)? That remains to be seen.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote