Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Do Not Want Mixon
(04-03-2017, 01:34 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Dont care what u do off the field as long as it dosent jeapordize what u do on the field. U can be a serial killer as long as u dont get caught and win the bengals sb's.

Animal abusers? Pedophiles? There's gotta be a line somewhere, no? Winning football games ain't that damn important. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(04-03-2017, 04:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Animal abusers? Pedophiles? There's gotta be a line somewhere, no? Winning football games ain't that damn important. 

not for me. Im not a fan of these people bc they are good human beings. I dont notice or care what they do when theyre not on the football field. The only reason they have any relevance to me whatsoever is bc they play for the cincinatti bengals. As such their only importance is what they do in between the sidelines.
I hate when people use the Patriots as a moral high ground.

Why take Mixon off your board if you're going to bring in Peterson for a visit?

I don't support what any of these morons do off the field, but everyone deserves a second chance.
(04-02-2017, 11:51 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He's been arrested 3 times since he's been here.

One for a bar fight with a woman in 2010.
One for disorderly conduct in 2013. Which. Not big, won't lie.
Was arrested this year. Has 3 misdeamors in that arrest, one of which is assault.

Burfict isn't like Pacman. As you said, Burfict is a model citizen off the field. Pacman is not. He's been arrested 9 times since 2005. 3 have been while he's been a Bengal

Pacman is also a hot head on the field as well. He bashed a receivers head into his helmet, has gotten into it multiple times with our own players on the sideline, and the 2015 playoff debacle.

Damn your right pacman is a menace to society.  Throw him right in there with OJ Simpson

[Image: giphy.gif]
(04-03-2017, 04:43 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Yes because Mixon is completely in the clear with this. He did nothing wrong. Natural citizen who couldn't have possibly said stuff back to them, or even initiated the argument. Again, speculation, but it's all he said she said there.

The bottom line is a football player broke a girl's face because she slapped him.

There's nothing else to say. That's what happened. There's "he said, she said", but the video shows the bottom line. A football player broke a girl's face because she slapped him.

who cares?  you're just repeating the same thing over and over.  The Bengals don't need your consent to draft him and this is an argument no one will ever win.

(04-03-2017, 01:38 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: I hate when people use the Patriots as a moral high ground.

Why take Mixon off your board if you're going to bring in Peterson for a visit?

I don't support what any of these morons do off the field, but everyone deserves a second chance.

I don't believe it for one second.  He gets to the 4th round and the patriots run up there to take him.  They know they don't have a shot at him so this just makes them look better in the media.

(04-03-2017, 04:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Animal abusers? Pedophiles? There's gotta be a line somewhere, no? Winning football games ain't that damn important. 

Animal abusers, Pedophiles, Rapist, and Murders shouldn't be in the League because they should be in Prison.  Its a far reach to compare Mixon to any of these types of people.

(04-02-2017, 01:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So you say you don't want Mixon, and that's fine. Do you want Dalvin Cook?

Which of the following does Cook have in common with Mixon?

Charged with Robbery?
Charged with Firing and Possessing a weapon on School Property?
Charged with a misdemeanor battery outside a bar?

Shoulder surgeries?
Fumbles?
Too small to be an effective in-between the tackles RB?

If someone isn't going to let Mixon's past go, then there is no way that same person should even be thinking about Cook.
I dont trust any guy that can walk right up to a girl and slug her in the face, and then walk away.

I'll also say if the Bengals do draft him and keep Pacman, I will give a flying **c* about this team. I'll still watch them, but if they lose oh well, even though thats how it probably will be if they dont draft him anyways.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(04-03-2017, 01:47 PM)Okeana Wrote: Damn your right pacman is a menace to society.  Throw him right in there with OJ Simpson

I mean, he could very well end up in jail due to assaulting a police officer. So....

(04-03-2017, 02:00 PM)Okeana Wrote: who cares?  you're just repeating the same thing over and over.  The Bengals don't need your consent to draft him and this is an argument no one will ever win.

Not talking to the Bengals, I'm talking to you lol.

There's no argument. It's fact that he broke a girl's face because she slapped him. That's what happened. And I'm choosing not to support him and dislike him no matter where he goes.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
(04-03-2017, 02:03 PM)Okeana Wrote: Animal abusers, Pedophiles, Rapist, and Murders shouldn't be in the League because they should be in Prison.  Its a far reach to compare Mixon to any of these types of people.

I wasn't comparing Mixon to them. I'm actually fine with giving the kid a second chance. I was just asking that poster if there's anywhere he draws the line.

(04-01-2017, 01:06 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:

Let me just say I had the following in response to someone in another post but I think this opinion would serve better as its own thread.

For fans who are enamored with Mixon's talent and want this tremendous athlete in Bengals Strips, I would like to offer some thoughts.

Don't rationalize violence.  Don't blame the victim.  Domestic Violence is the leading cause of death against women in some cities in the United States. I know Mixon was not married at the time but there is a likelihood similar behavior will reoccur in the future.  It is not about circumstances; it's a character issue.

Ask yourself this: would Dalton hit his significant other? How about Whit? AJ Green?  

Supporters of Mixon state that they want the Cincinnati Bengals to win.  Some fans reason that talent wins championships.  The New England Patriots do win... Super Bowls.  They took Mixon off their board.  It takes more than talent to win.  It takes discipline. It takes poise under pressure.  Team chemistry.  

Mike Brown has picked talent over characters for years.  Just look at what draft sites say about the Bengals.  Listen to the sports media and what their perception is of the Bengals.  Bengals are infamous for giving players second chances.  The latest shenanigans involving Adam Jones is case and point.  But ultimately the Bengals have not won in the playoffs since Mike Brown has been GM/owner.

Crunch time is when teams need character.  Bengals do not have enough members with this virtue from top down.  And I am talking about members in the Front Office and Coaches; not just players.  Talent is important sure. But talent with character is better.   In my view, if Paul Brown were alive today, he would have nothing to do with Mixon.

I don't believe anything that organization says about anything this time of year.  Smoke screens.  I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they end up drafting Mixon, and neither should you. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(04-03-2017, 08:18 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean, he could very well end up in jail due to assaulting a police officer. So....

Not talking to the Bengals, I'm talking to you lol.

There's no argument. It's fact that he broke a girl's face because she slapped him. That's what happened. And I'm choosing not to support him and dislike him no matter where he goes.

According to Mixon, she slapped him hard enough that "it felt like a dude hit me". And his reaction was to throw the punch.
http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/video-joe-mixon-says-he-punched-woman-as-reaction-after-it-felt-like-a-dude-hit-me/

Now granted his reaction was over the top and he should have not hit her, let alone as hard as he did. But she should have been held accountable for putting her hands on him too.
Why is it ok for someone to slap someone? Slapping someone can cause physical harm too and should be treated as assault (at least if it's an unwanted slap and as hard as Mixon claims).

Both should have been in legal trouble for hitting the other.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(04-05-2017, 03:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: According to Mixon, she slapped him hard enough that "it felt like a dude hit me". And his reaction was to throw the punch.
http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/video-joe-mixon-says-he-punched-woman-as-reaction-after-it-felt-like-a-dude-hit-me/

Now granted his reaction was over the top and he should have not hit her, let alone as hard as he did. But she should have been held accountable for putting her hands on him too.
Why is it ok for someone to slap someone? Slapping someone can cause physical harm too and should be treated as assault (at least if it's an unwanted slap and as hard as Mixon claims).

Both should have been in legal trouble for hitting the other.

Look at the video.  You really think it felt like a dude hit him?  You really think it could have caused damage beyond rosy cheeks?

The whole assault thing and justification for a man decking a girl is ludicrous.  If it was your daughter I'm pretty sure you'd want to pull out a magnum and take the guy's head off.   I felt like that and she was just a drunk woman I don't know from Adam acting stupid in a bar and slapping some dude.

I can feel the sting on my face.  I would have been pissed, turned around and walked out of the place.  Even in my drunken college days I would have done that.

There is no justification for what he did.  None.   He's lying out of his face saying that it felt like a dude hit him.  I guarantee you he's been hit by a dude.  No way that slap had any resemblance to the feeling.  I've had the smack slapped out of my face by an angry woman.   And I've been decked.    Absolutely no comparison.
(04-05-2017, 03:01 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I don't believe anything that organization says about anything this time of year.  Smoke screens.  I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they end up drafting Mixon, and neither should you. 

I would be utterly shocked unless it was round 7 or CFA. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

(04-05-2017, 03:42 PM)3wt Wrote: Look at the video.  You really think it felt like a dude hit him?  You really think it could have caused damage beyond rosy cheeks?

The whole assault thing and justification for a man decking a girl is ludicrous.  If it was your daughter I'm pretty sure you'd want to pull out a magnum and take the guy's head off.   I felt like that and she was just a drunk woman I don't know from Adam acting stupid in a bar and slapping some dude.

I can feel the sting on my face.  I would have been pissed, turned around and walked out of the place.  Even in my drunken college days I would have done that.

There is no justification for what he did.  None.   He's lying out of his face saying that it felt like a dude hit him.  I guarantee you he's been hit by a dude.  No way that slap had any resemblance to the feeling.  I've had the smack slapped out of my face by an angry woman.   And I've been decked.    Absolutely no comparison.

I wouldn't do that because 1) I don't own a gun, and 2) that would get me sent to jail.

Why do people assume that because I'm pointing out that she was (at least somewhat) in the wrong too that I am defending Mixon? I'm not defending him. I'm simply saying she is partly to blame for this whole incident too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

There's really no defending what he did. It was a blatant overreaction. But he served his punishment (which included counseling), has been out of trouble three years since the incident, and I'm willing to bet that he won't put himself in this kind of situation ever again considering all the shit that was justly thrown his way.

One incident is enough for some people to wash their hands of him completely. Fair enough. I won't cry myself to sleep if the Bengals don't take him. But if team, having met with him several times, thinks he's worth the risk, then I'm all for it. I'd like to think that people can better themselves. Hopefully he did get something out of all of that counseling, even if it was a court-ordered requirement.

Having said all of that, I'm starting to doubt the Bengals even get the choice. Have a hard time seeing him getting past Carolina in round two. He might go right before we pick.
Everything in this post is my fault.
(04-02-2017, 02:02 PM)Okeana Wrote: So because he hits harder therefore his punishment should be greater ?  How many broken bones is acceptable ?  What if he simply ***** slapped her and she passed out with no injuries ? would you draft him then ?

Must be nice to have a lot of talent and play a position that you think we need so that pathetic people will ignore facts and salivate over them.

Let's see, Molitor in a cafe booth, Mixon at the exit.  Mixon stalked Molitor from multiple locations and talking shit in each one and you ignore all of that?

You rationalize it weakly by claiming, "She hit first!". 

All while ignoring that Mixon had escape options, while  Molitor did not.
(04-05-2017, 05:47 PM)Big Boss Wrote: There's really no defending what he did.  It was a blatant overreaction.  But he served his punishment (which included counseling), has been out of trouble three years since the incident, and I'm willing to bet that he won't put himself in this kind of situation ever again considering all the shit that was justly thrown his way.

One incident is enough for some people to wash their hands of him completely.  Fair enough.  I won't cry myself to sleep if the Bengals don't take him.  But if team, having met with him several times, thinks he's worth the risk, then I'm all for it.  I'd like to think that people can better themselves.  Hopefully he did get something out of all of that counseling, even if it was a court-ordered requirement.

Having said all of that, I'm starting to doubt the Bengals even get the choice.  Have a hard time seeing him getting past Carolina in round two.  He might go right before we pick.

You see, I am with you on giving people a 2nd chance.

This issue I have is Mixon hasn't actually shown any remorse.

It was all "She used a racial slur..." and "I felt threatened and uncomfortable, like I was being hit by a man..."

Not, I am sorry, I should not have done what I did or I shouldn't have harassed her.

I would be willing to overlook the incident if I felt he were remorseful.  Maybe he is, I would hope so.  However, I just haven't seen it.
(04-05-2017, 05:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wouldn't do that because 1) I don't own a gun, and 2) that would get me sent to jail.

Why do people assume that because I'm pointing out that she was (at least somewhat) in the wrong too that I am defending Mixon? I'm not defending him. I'm simply saying she is partly to blame for this whole incident too..
This is the answer to your question.

She isn't even partly to blame.  She actually did nothing wrong.

Mixon was trying to pick her up and was shot down.

Then followed her to multiple establishments and making threats to her and her friends.

Then at this location he stood at her only exit and made more threats.

Other than call the police what do you think she could have done to get him to leave her and her friends alone?