Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didnt Zac drain the clock at end of OT
(09-11-2022, 07:20 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I completely get making it as less pressurised a snap as possible, but I just don't see what you achieve by doing it that earlier, rather than say 4 seconds early, other than asking the Steelers to go and win the game. They would be expecting a snap at the last second, so doing it 2-3 seconds early would have achieved the same thing, without giving the Steelers a great chance at taking the game away.

I'll say what I said in the game day thread... what was the contingency here? Would we have kicked for 0 points in the Super Bowl had Clark Harris been ill the night before or something? How can you possibly go into a game in the NFL, and not have a contingency for these things? I'm not expecting the Special Teams snapping to be perfect if our dedicated guy goes out, but it looked to me like we had zero plan if our Long Snapper wasn't ready to go. And that's something which can obvious happen at the drop of the hat. That's just ridiculous to me.

Are you really surprised by this though?  I've watched around 33 Bengals seasons.  Nothing is surprising or shocking, especially finding ways to lose.  I'm not trying to be negative, it just is what it is. 

My 14 year old son was like wth with them not running the clock down.  I bet a lot of 14 yo football players were scratching their heads on that one.  Then some lame, bs excuse that makes no sense?  

We went 10-7 last year.  That was a miracle Superbowl.

Meanwhile the Bills did and and the Chiefs are, living up to expectations and looking like legit, prepared teams. 

Eff it's hard to be a Bengals fan.  Hopefully they bounce back next week.
Reply/Quote
If they can’t trust the long snapper on a punt why did they kick a field goal on third down

Saying they snapped at 17 seconds to help kicker is utter Bs of the first order. Take the penalty and then punt with 17 seconds on play clock.

Man up Taylor. You and your team made a really stupid decision punting a ball in overtime from the 50 before time clock ran out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Said in the game day thread:

3 people take the blame for the loss today.

Burrow,Taylor and Huber.

Each of them played a massive part in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Can anyone tell me why our backup centre was practising long snaps as soon as Harris was declared out surely he would have been better at it than our 3rd string TE.

It was just pathetic all around really.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:42 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Are you really surprised by this though?  I've watched around 33 Bengals seasons.  Nothing is surprising or shocking, especially finding ways to lose.  I'm not trying to be negative, it just is what it is. 

My 14 year old son was like wth with them not running the clock down.  I bet a lot of 14 yo football players were scratching their heads on that one.  Then some lame, bs excuse that makes no sense?  

We went 10-7 last year.  That was a miracle Superbowl.

Meanwhile the Bills did and and the Chiefs are, living up to expectations and looking like legit, prepared teams. 

Eff it's hard to be a Bengals fan.  Hopefully they bounce back next week.

Yeah, I shouldn't be too surprised. It is a very Bengals way to lose. Just beyond amateurish as far as I'm concerned.

And I agree, I said in another thread that I'm so 'doom and gloom' about this game, because it shows the Bungles culture hasn't gone anywhere. I disagree it was a 'miracle' Superbowl, we were a really good team last year and imo not that far behind any of the front-runners. But either way, they've backed up that great year, with a defeat as 'Bengals' as any I can remember. Just a clusterf*** of a showing. 
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kicking in 3rd wasn't a bad idea. Would have liked a shot in the end zone but I completely get kicking in third. The problem is if your going to do that, then pull the damn ball down if it’s a bad snap.. live to kick on 4th
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:52 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yeah, I shouldn't be too surprised. It is a very Bengals way to lose. Just beyond amateurish as far as I'm concerned.

And I agree, I said in another thread that I'm so 'doom and gloom' about this game, because it shows the Bungles culture hasn't gone anywhere. I disagree it was a 'miracle' Superbowl, we were a really good team last year and imo not that far behind any of the front-runners. But either way, they've backed up that great year, with a defeat as 'Bengals' as any I can remember. Just a clusterf*** of a showing. 

I'm trying so hard not to be negative.  I always try to stay positive, especially around my kids.  This just sucked. It's worse than the worse case scenario I thought could happen.

I know some people have a different opinion and there is plenty of blame, but that horrible decision at that time most likely gave us the L imo.  Ties suck too, but an L sucks worse.  lol.
Reply/Quote
Why were we in OT to begin with? If only I could put my finger on the reason......Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Why were we in OT to begin with? If only I could put my finger on the reason......Mellow

There were multiple reasons, but that decision takes the cake for horrible and illogical.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:36 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm trying so hard not to be negative.  I always try to stay positive, especially around my kids.  This just sucked.

I know some people have a different opinion and there is plenty of blame, but that horrible decision at that time most likely gave us the L imo.  Ties suck too, but an L sucks worse.  lol.

Hey we see ties end up as important in playoff seeding/races so they can be important to get. But hey man, that first sentence is all that needs to be said really. Really sucks to see the Bengals do this time after time after time... but it's a game. They'll do the same crap again next year no matter how angry we all are lol
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:06 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 338 yards and the game winning drive in regulation and OT. Yeah it wasn't Burrow's best game but he wasnt reason

Yeah buddy!!!!! **** them five turnovers, amirite? Mellow

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:43 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Said in the game day thread:

3 people take the blame for the loss today.

Burrow,Taylor and Huber.

Each of them played a massive part in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Can anyone tell me why our backup centre was practising long snaps as soon as Harris was declared out surely he would have been better at it than our 3rd string TE.

It was just pathetic all around really.

Agree but would add O-line

Burrow was certainly horrid, but once again pressured all freakin day.

The whole team seemed sluggish from not playing in preseason and Zac definitely should have taken the delay of game.

Huber I felt was kept per being a veteran punter who was a solid holder as well. But why the vet tried to put that bad snap down is beyond me, fall on the ball and try again on 4th down. Isn't that why we kicked it on 3rd down ? Which by the way I agree with that decision to kick on 3rd down in that particular situation. 

This was just the same old Bengals vs steeler rerun which is so depressing because I thought we were past that now.   

Got to get it going quickly to avoid becoming 0-2 with Dallas coming next. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:40 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: There were multiple reasons, but that decision takes the cake for horrible and illogical.

Yeah, there WERE multiple reasons. Five of them. Four interceptions and a lost fumble .....one of them being a pick 6. If we don't throw a pick six , there is no OT.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:40 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Hey we see ties end up as important in playoff seeding/races so they can be important to get. But hey man, that first sentence is all that needs to be said really. Really sucks to see the Bengals do this time after time after time... but it's a game. They'll do the same crap again next year no matter how angry we all are lol

lol.  I'm just hoping for a miracle next week.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Did he say anything about the five turnovers he had? Asking for a friend.....

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree but would add O-line

Burrow was certainly horrid, but once again pressured all freakin day.

The whole team seemed sluggish from not playing in preseason and Zac definitely should have taken the delay of game.

Huber I felt was kept per being a veteran punter who was a solid holder as well. But why the vet tried to put that bad snap down is beyond me, fall on the ball and try again on 4th down. Isn't that why we kicked it on 3rd down ? Which by the way I agree with that decision to kick on 3rd down in that particular situation. 

This was just the same old Bengals vs steeler rerun which is so depressing because I thought we were past that now.   

Got to get it going quickly to avoid becoming 0-2 with Dallas coming next. 

But was the defense really that sluggish though? They were constantly put in bad positions because of Burrow's horrible decision making and accuracy today and they kept us in it.

I also probably wouldn't blame the whole oline, it was mostly Cordell Volson blowing up every play. He was terrible.

To me, one guy lost this game.....but everyone is due an egg to lay now and then. This particular egg was rotten to boot.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, there WERE multiple reasons. Five of them. Four interceptions and a lost fumble .....one of them being a pick 6. If we don't throw a pick six , there is no OT.

You focusing on the int's is not any better than me focusing on running down the clock.  Even with the int's we could have won the game.  That's how it works.  That's why you play the game.

Did we not have someone on the 53 man roster to be a backup long snapper?  It doesn't appear so.  That's coaching.  
No way to quantify it, but what if our starters had some series in the preseason games?  That's coaching. 
Not challenging the "touchdown", coaching.   

That delayed run up the middle on the 1 or 2 (shocking, unpredictable play call there /s)........coaching.

Just an absolute crap fest and horribly disappointing.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:09 PM)Nepa Wrote: It worked in terms of the long snapper not throwing it over Huber's head or into the ground. Taylor might have had zero confidence in the long snapper, so he figured let him totally surprise the Steelers and snap it as if it were a practice snap. Put it on the defense to hold them, rather than put the Steelers in field goal range because of a bad snap. 

But, I do wonder when Taylor realized that the long snapper was so bad. Because if he realized it earlier, then they wouldn't have kicked on third down, but gone for the touchdown. Don't they have a back up long snapper practicing?  Was it only when he snapped it so bad on the field goal try that Taylor realized the problem they had with him snapping?

Wilcox IS the backup long snapper ....

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: How was Burrow not the primary reason we lost?  He turned the ball over 5 times.  It's nearly impossible to win with that many turnovers.  The Steelers literally scored 17 of their 23 points off Burrow turnovers, including a Pick 6.  

Sssshhhhhhh hands off the golden boy!!!!! Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:49 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: You focusing on the int's is not any better than me focusing on running down the clock.  Even with the int's we could have won the game.  That's how it works.  That's why you play the game.

Did we not have someone on the 53 man roster to be a backup long snapper?  It doesn't appear so.  That's coaching.  
No way to quantify it, but what if our starters had some series in the preseason games?  That's coaching?  
Not challenging the "touchdown", coaching.   

That delayed run up the middle on the 1 or 2 (shocking, unpredictable play call there /s)........coaching.

Just an absolute crap fest and horribly disappointing.

Finally a post that makes sense!
Reply/Quote