Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didnt Zac drain the clock at end of OT
(09-11-2022, 07:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Well if it wasn't Burrow, it had to be Volson.

He might be 1b.....but definitely the second biggest reason we lost.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:20 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I completely get making it as less pressurised a snap as possible, but I just don't see what you achieve by doing it that earlier, rather than say 4 seconds early, other than asking the Steelers to go and win the game. They would be expecting a snap at the last second, so doing it 2-3 seconds early would have achieved the same thing, without giving the Steelers a great chance at taking the game away.

I'll say what I said in the game day thread... what was the contingency here? Would we have kicked for 0 points in the Super Bowl had Clark Harris been ill the night before or something? How can you possibly go into a game in the NFL, and not have a contingency for these things? I'm not expecting the Special Teams snapping to be perfect if our dedicated guy goes out, but it looked to me like we had zero plan if our Long Snapper wasn't ready to go. And that's something which can obvious happen at the drop of the hat. That's just ridiculous to me.

For the love of God..... Wilcox is the backup emergency snapper. He ***** choked. That's all there is to it 

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:19 PM)Pezmerga Wrote: Burrow may have been why we lost, but Zac sucked coaching today. Burrow just overshadowed his poor coaching decisions.

(09-11-2022, 09:20 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That was another fail that cost us, along with others.

As I said: Fabric pattern on the deck chairs
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:23 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He cost us 7 points in a 3 point loss. He challenges chase play that's a TD and we dont settle for a FG he drains clock steelers dont have time to get in FG range why is this so hard to comprehend?

What's so hard to comprehend that QB9 literally GAVE the Stoolers 7 points prior to that and we lost by 3?

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, it really is. Let me ask you this, if that was Andy Dalton out there, would folks be jumping through so many flaming hoops to find blame elsewhere? I think we both know that answer. Hell, they'd be crucifying Palmer too. That's absolutely why we lost. You RARELY see a team win losing the turnover battle 5-0. We whipped their ass in every single statistical category besides turnovers. Those five turnovers are literally the difference in the game. 

So let me get this straight, you are telling me with 100% certainty that we still lose this game 100% for sure if Harris doesn't get hurt?  
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:42 PM)bengals67 Wrote: If they can’t trust the long snapper on a punt why did they kick a field goal on third down

Saying they snapped at 17 seconds to help kicker is utter Bs of the first order. Take the penalty and then punt with 17 seconds on play clock.

Man up Taylor. You and your team made a really stupid decision punting a ball in overtime from the 50 before time clock ran out.

Because you have another shot at a FG if the snap is bad. The snap was bad, but Huber tried it anyway. He should've ate it, and set up to kick again on 4th. That's football 101 in that particular situation.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:27 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: So let me get this straight, you are telling me with 100% certainty that we still lose this game 100% for sure if Harris doesn't get hurt?  

LoL, yeah.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: LoL, yeah.

I hope you are kidding. lol.
Reply/Quote
I think one of the Coaches (Simmons) should have reminded Huber to fall on the snap if he didn't like it on 3rd down, right before he went out there for the kick.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:34 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I hope you are kidding. lol.

Maybe .....maybe not! Tongue

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:34 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I hope you are kidding. lol.

In all seriousness, all of what happened today is correctable. There were positives. Defense played well enough, Hurst looks like a real nice addition. Karras, and Cappa played ok. Collins started rough but got it going. Volson kinda got Jonah saddled with a couple sacks because he was getting steamrolled. So the line isn't as bad as it looks in paper, it's just that the weakest link is REALLY weak. Joe will bounce back. Look at the stats, we beat their ass everywhere but where it counts the most..... scoreboard.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:45 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: I think one of the Coaches (Simmons) should have reminded Huber to fall on the snap if he didn't like it on 3rd down, right before he went out there for the kick.

Good point, but shit man, Huber is like 75 years old and been playing thirty years, he should've known.  

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:14 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: So why did Joe look so good the past two years with exactly THREE preseason snaps in two years combined? 

Five turnovers from one player. He blew it. Plain and simple.

Joe didn’t really look that good at the start of any season so far. A division rival with a good pass rush against a re-built o-line with zero preseason snaps is not a good recipe for winning football. He made some poor decisions for sure but the Joe that got us to the Super Bowl also showed up and played well enough to win the game, not once but twice. Something that cannot be said about Andy.
Reply/Quote
We had a lot of shit float to the surface in this game. They’ll fix what’s broken.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:05 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Joe didn’t really look that good at the start of any season so far.  A division rival with a good pass rush against a re-built o-line with zero preseason snaps is not a good recipe for winning football.   He made some poor decisions for sure but the Joe that got us to the Super Bowl also showed up and played well enough to win the game, not once but twice.  Something that cannot be said about Andy.

The defense held tough, or this game's a blowout. I love Joe Burrow, but I ain't gonna pretend he didn't pretty much single handedly lose this game. He did the same thing in Chicago last year. It happens, QBs have off days and some of those off days wind up being REALLY bad. Today was really bad. 

He's looked good enough to win the season opener last year and several games after it. Year one was different, COVID, rookie year, etc. Today was just piss poor QB play. No two ways about it.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We had a lot of shit float to the surface in this game. They’ll fix what’s broken.

It's all correctable, but Volson getting steamrolled.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Apparently, it's because we punted the ball with 15 seconds on the clock

You can condescend all you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that you’re 1000% dead wrong. There is no logical defense for it. Not one.

I’m surprised you’re so ready to die on this hill, but RIP all the same.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:53 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: In all seriousness, all of what happened today is correctable. There were positives. Defense played well enough, Hurst looks like a real nice addition. Karras, and Cappa played ok. Collins started rough but got it going. Volson kinda got Jonah saddled with a couple sacks because he was getting steamrolled. So the line isn't as bad as it looks in paper, it's just that the weakest link is REALLY weak. Joe will bounce back. Look at the stats, we beat their ass everywhere but where it counts the most..... scoreboard.

Agree with all of this.

Think the reason why it feels so bad today is that it was the first game of the season, it was against them with a chance to go 4 in a row, it was just a massive anti climax after the build up and what happened last season.

But it’s early days a win next week will put this to bed and we get our revenge later in the year.

It’s only one game we will be fine.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:17 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: You can condescend all you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that you’re 1000% dead wrong. There is no logical defense for it. Not one.

I’m surprised you’re so ready to die on this hill, but RIP all the same.

As I said earlier: We have no idea what Pitt would have done with 15 fewer seconds on the clock. Perhaps they take chances deeper, earlier.

Apparently, Zac didn't want to put added pressure on Wilcox and let him snap when comfortable. He had enough issues that he didn't need the added pressure of waiting until the last second to snap. 

I'm not surprised you and others are looking to pin this on the HC. You've been proved wrong and will take every opportunity for vindication. The Bengals snapping the ball on a punt with 15 seconds left on the clock is in no way a reason we lost this game. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think it’s funny how people argue about whose fault it is that we lost. You are all probably at least partly right Cool
Reply/Quote