Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why didnt Zac drain the clock at end of OT
(09-11-2022, 07:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can only assume you questioned the fabric pattern of the deck chairs on the Titanic. 

One person lost this game today. JB gave us an Andy Dalton playoff-quality game. He'll have many more good than bad, but today was bad. Asking any other question as to why we left is just searching

I’m usually in agreement with you but to put this on Burrow is absurd. It’s absurd to think he would have came out looking any other way with zero preseason snaps and an offensive line that’s getting beat over and over. At the end of the game he had his team in position to win the game twice. In no universe can you say that with a straight face about Andy.

Playcalling in the redzone was absolute garbage. Special teams absolutely shit the bed. Drew Sample..Huber, Wilcox. But most of all this loss was on horrible decision making by Taylor. If anything it says he still has a long long way to go.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:50 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Sssshhhhhhh hands off the golden boy!!!!! Hilarious

I wish our OL had this mantra… Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: Sssshhhhhhh hands off the golden boy!!!!! Hilarious

I know you are talking about multiple people, but I think Burrow sucked ass today and I am concerned for next week.

There was a lot of fail today.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:44 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If your not going to play for the tie go for it on 4th and 16.

End of the day he did a terrible job coaching. Everyone knows you run the clock down, you even take the delay of game penalty. That is just   terrible coaching bottom line. You think for a second Tomlin would have done that 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree but would add O-line

Burrow was certainly horrid, but once again pressured all freakin day.

The whole team seemed sluggish from not playing in preseason and Zac definitely should have taken the delay of game.

Huber I felt was kept per being a veteran punter who was a solid holder as well. But why the vet tried to put that bad snap down is beyond me, fall on the ball and try again on 4th down. Isn't that why we kicked it on 3rd down ? Which by the way I agree with that decision to kick on 3rd down in that particular situation. 

This was just the same old Bengals vs steeler rerun which is so depressing because I thought we were past that now.   

Got to get it going quickly to avoid becoming 0-2 with Dallas coming next. 

I think this is what is bothering me so much about this game.  Just freakin' depressing.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:00 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: End of the day he did a terrible job coaching. Everyone knows you run the clock down, you even take the delay of game penalty. That is just   terrible coaching bottom line. You think for a second Tomlin would have done that 
Nope.  Would not have even been a consideration.
Reply/Quote
Bc Its Zac Taylor, he's been over his head
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wish our OL had this mantra… Ninja

LMAO, you and me both, especially Volson. Good grief, how bad is Carman if he can't beat that? Jeez he was the worst player in the field and that's saying something today.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:59 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I know you are talking about multiple people, but I think Burrow sucked ass today and I am concerned for next week.

There was a lot of fail today.

Pittsburgh scored 23 points today, 17 of them off five turnovers, 7 of them off the turnover directly. It's really that simple. That's what got us beat. I think he just laid an egg, but on the outside shot this becomes a trend, we are in trouble.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:38 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Burrow stunk today. He’ll bounce back. O line and losing Tee didn’t help. WR depth is a concern

If he's not crippled for life at AT&T stadium next week behind a vaginal offensive line...
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:51 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: I’m usually in agreement with you but to put this on Burrow is absurd.  It’s absurd to think he would have came out looking any other way with zero preseason snaps and an offensive line that’s getting beat over and over.  At the end of the game he had his team in position to win the game twice.  In no universe can you say that with a straight face about Andy.

Playcalling in the redzone was absolute garbage.  Special teams absolutely shit the bed.   Drew Sample..Huber, Wilcox.   But most of all this loss was on horrible decision making by Taylor.  If anything it says he still has a long long way to go.

So why did Joe look so good the past two years with exactly THREE preseason snaps in two years combined? 

Five turnovers from one player. He blew it. Plain and simple.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:13 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Zac is more to blame than Burrow. 

JFC, I hope that's sarcasm....tell me that's sarcasm.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Pittsburgh scored 23 points today, 17 of them off five turnovers, 7 of them off the turnover directly. It's really that simple. That's what got us beat. I think he just laid an egg, but on the outside shot this becomes a trend, we are in trouble.

That's not the ONLY thing that got us beat, as we still had multiple chances to win.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:51 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: I’m usually in agreement with you but to put this on Burrow is absurd.  It’s absurd to think he would have came out looking any other way with zero preseason snaps and an offensive line that’s getting beat over and over.  At the end of the game he had his team in position to win the game twice.  In no universe can you say that with a straight face about Andy.

Playcalling in the redzone was absolute garbage.  Special teams absolutely shit the bed.   Drew Sample..Huber, Wilcox.   But most of all this loss was on horrible decision making by Taylor.  If anything it says he still has a long long way to go.

Well, you're usually right. 

The dude lost us the game, He had 5 turnovers, He also is the reason the OP is complaining about not running out the clock. If he would have just gotten rid of the ball instead of taking too long and getting stripped, we're trotting Money out there for another game-winner.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think Joe starts out slowly though, he did last year too then evolved into something else the last 4 or so games of the season.

Bengals of last year - play above average defense, have 100% accuracy from over 50 yard kicks, make minimal mistakes/penalties = win.

Our defense played well, but their defense was way better. 1 sack and 0 turnovers or 7 sacks and 5 turnovers. That's ball game, I don't think anyone would blame the defense this game. I think they said it was 20 years since the last team had a -5 turnover and won?

I'm more worried I don't see any change from last year's equation. Burrow still taking sacks. Burrow still holding the ball. Burrow still taking us out of FG range. We have no short run game. 1st and 1 on goal results in a FGA. 3YPC and then only 2YPC if we take out the long run. It's still early and we just have to wait, nothing else we can do, but can't tell me we looked better than last year. Those turnovers were 100% the game. Burrow threw the ball away once this game, has nobody taught him about this? Zac was a QB in college, what is going on over here?

Again their method is to "stay aggressive", fine, that's what Burrow likes to do. He doesn't have the protection he had in college. You have to throw the ball away sometimes. Burrow thinks some sacks are "good". Which? The ones that don't result in a fumble or pick? Get it together damn. I don't want ot see a double covered Tyler Boyd throw again, throw it to Higgins if you want to try a double.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:16 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That's not the ONLY thing that got us beat, as we still had multiple chances to win.

Apparently, it's because we punted the ball with 15 seconds on the clock
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:16 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: That's not the ONLY thing that got us beat, as we still had multiple chances to win.

Yeah, it really is. Let me ask you this, if that was Andy Dalton out there, would folks be jumping through so many flaming hoops to find blame elsewhere? I think we both know that answer. Hell, they'd be crucifying Palmer too. That's absolutely why we lost. You RARELY see a team win losing the turnover battle 5-0. We whipped their ass in every single statistical category besides turnovers. Those five turnovers are literally the difference in the game. 

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What's so hard to comprehend that our QB turned the ball over 5 times?
We got those 7 6 points you say he cost us and he got them at the perfect time. 
If JB doesn't turn the ball over 5 times, if our Long Snapper doesn't get hurt.. we win. Not because we punted with 15 seconds left
You sound like the "rational" folks in the Game Day thread

Burrow may have been why we lost, but Zac sucked coaching today. Burrow just overshadowed his poor coaching decisions.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Apparently, it's because we punted the ball with 15 seconds on the clock

Yep, let's just pretend five turnovers didn't happen.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Apparently, it's because we punted the ball with 15 seconds on the clock

That was another fail that cost us, along with others.
Reply/Quote