Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is the Muslim religion a "religion of peace"?
(10-20-2015, 05:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Stoning someone who steals shouldn't happen today.  We have laws to handle these things.   Back in the day..... We didn't have these things and stoning was the form of punishment.

Just as the Muslim way of grooming young girls to be Muslims means they are to be raped by Muslim men.   That should be replaced with maybe Quran  study.

A harsh environment produces a harsh society, which in turn often produces a harsh religion.

What really checked Christian and Muslim growth and power back in the Dark Ages were two societies that developed in even harsher environments: the Vikings and the Mongols, respectively.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(10-20-2015, 10:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, don't get me started on that show. I could go on several rants about the lack of reality in that reality show. :snark:

It's ok.
I haven't asked him, but I hear Little Wayne just starts snort-laughing when someone asks if it's real.
(10-20-2015, 05:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Stoning someone who steals shouldn't happen today.  We have laws to handle these things.   Back in the day..... We didn't have these things and stoning was the form of punishment.

Just as the Muslim way of grooming young girls to be Muslims means they are to be raped by Muslim men.   That should be replaced with maybe Quran  study.

Today?

When should anyone be stoned?  Back in the day?  Nonsense.  It's funny how man's laws are more humane than His' Laws.
(10-20-2015, 10:02 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Little Wayne (on that show) plays softball in my town.
I just seen him on Main St a couple of weeks ago.
Merlin's dad has a vinyl siding business in Winesburg.

You're either a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma or the most interesting man alive.  Possibly both.
(10-21-2015, 01:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You're either a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma or the most interesting man alive.  Possibly both.

Either way, or both (even sarcastically), thanks !
I just retain a lot of useless knowledge.
Tongue
There is very little peacefulness about that religion. I don't really see any of the major monotheistic religions as peaceful, but Islam is certainly at the bottom.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
It's the religion of peace because technically, Muslims are not allowed to kill other Muslims, so once Islam stamps out all other religions there will be no war.

Of course, Muslims kill each other all the time so it's BS no matter how you look at it.
(10-23-2015, 01:48 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: It's the religion of peace because technically, Muslims are not allowed to kill other Muslims, so once Islam stamps out all other religions there will be no war.

Of course, Muslims kill each other all the time so it's BS no matter how you look at it.

Another tenet of their belief is that all people will become Muslim if they keep searching their faith. They believe God sent prophets to all people, but some of those messages got distorted for lack of a better word. All people belong to one nation as long as you accept God and reject the devil 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-23-2015, 04:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Another tenet of their belief is that all people will become Muslim if they keep searching their faith. They believe God sent prophets to all people, but some of those messages got distorted for lack of a better word. All people belong to one nation as long as you accept God and reject the devil 

And for those who get the distorted message .... They will rape you into being a Muslim or kill you for standing up for Jesus.
(10-23-2015, 04:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Another tenet of their belief is that all people will become Muslim if they keep searching their faith. They believe God sent prophets to all people, but some of those messages got distorted for lack of a better word. All people belong to one nation as long as you accept God and reject the devil 

They also have a tenet that allows them to lie to nonmuslims. 

So you literally cannot believe a thing they say. 
(10-23-2015, 07:28 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: They also have a tenet that allows them to lie to nonmuslims. 

So you literally cannot believe a thing they say. 

Oh, the irony.
(10-23-2015, 05:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And for those who get the distorted message .... They will rape you into being a Muslim or kill you for standing up for Jesus.

Who are "they"?

(10-20-2015, 12:18 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Yeah I'm not a 100% on the tenants of the faith, but I do know that they are part of the Abrahamic faiths (Judaism and Christianity being the other two).  All three have a history of a lot of violence though.  None of them could claim to be a "religion of peace".

Ah, yes indeed. And yet, does Christianity not claim to be a religion of peace? When extremists act in the name of their Christian faith, are we not told to not judge all by the actions of a few? The OP mentioned this phenomenon, I think, but it is not unique to any one faith, right? So, I would say Islam (aka the Muslim religion) is a religion of peace for same reason Christianity (aka the Christian religion is) and for same reason Judaism (aka the Jewish religion) is: because you can cherry pick the sacred texts and teachings (or consider the who shebangabang) of any of the three and make the claim. You can also say any of the three is "the one true faith" or "a bunch of hooey" or "a riddle wrapped in an enigma."

It reminds one of the question Jesus asked (according to Mark 8:29 - who knows what he really said, he might have said, "What do you think I should have for lunch?" but according to the Gospel of Mark he said), "Who do you say that I am?" So, just as anyone could answer that question from JC with whatever he or she says JC is, anyone could answer the question, "What do you say this Abrahamic religion is?" however he or she chose. Some choose to answer, "it is a religion of peace," and that is why it is, according to those who so say.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(10-23-2015, 09:06 PM)xxlt Wrote: Ah, yes indeed. And yet, does Christianity not claim to be a religion of peace? When extremists act in the name of their Christian faith, are we not told to not judge all by the actions of a few? The OP mentioned this phenomenon, I think, but it is not unique to any one faith, right? So, I would say Islam (aka the Muslim religion) is a religion of peace for same reason Christianity (aka the Christian religion is) and for same reason Judaism (aka the Jewish religion) is: because you can cherry pick the sacred texts and teachings (or consider the who shebangabang) of any of the three and make the claim. You can also say any of the three is "the one true faith" or "a bunch of hooey" or "a riddle wrapped in an enigma."

It reminds one of the question Jesus asked (according to Mark 8:29 - who knows what he really said, he might have said, "What do you think I should have for lunch?" but according to the Gospel of Mark he said), "Who do you say that I am?" So, just as anyone could answer that question from JC with whatever he or she says JC is, anyone could answer the question, "What do you say this Abrahamic religion is?" however he or she chose. Some choose to answer, "it is a religion of peace," and that is why it is, according to those who so say.

one difference with Christianity. I wouldn't argue people commit horrible acts in it's name, but that's not in accordance with the teaching. Most Christians cherry pick from the ot to allow for human nature. It allows for violence and grievances to be settled. Most Christians can't handle what Christ called for, nonviolence and forgiveness.
(10-23-2015, 09:46 PM)Benton Wrote: one difference with Christianity. I wouldn't argue people commit horrible acts in it's name, but that's not in accordance with the teaching. Most Christians cherry pick from the ot to allow for human nature. It allows for violence and grievances to be settled. Most humans can't handle what Christ called for, nonviolence and forgiveness.

Fixt
Benton: one difference with Christianity. I wouldn't argue people commit horrible acts in it's name, but that's not in accordance with the teaching. Most Christians cherry pick from the ot to allow for human nature. It allows for violence and grievances to be settled. Most Christians can't handle what Christ called for, nonviolence and forgiveness.

---------

How is there a difference there? Muslims (and non-Muslims) cherry pick from the Koran to defend (or condemn) the actions of followers of Islam. Christians (and non-Christians) cherry pick from the Bible to defend (or condemn) the actions of followers of Christianity. But the vast majority of members of both religions and most experts on their sacred texts will tell you violence is inconsistent with the teachings of these religions. I really don't see a difference.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Why in the world are atheists defending Islam?

Oh right enemy of your enemy is your friend.
(10-24-2015, 02:40 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Why in the world are atheists defending Islam?

Oh right enemy of your enemy is your friend.

I don't think you read so good.  I haven't seen anyone DEFENDING Islam.
(10-24-2015, 02:50 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I don't think you read so good.  I haven't seen anyone DEFENDING Islam.

But there is a lot of excuse making or rationalizing for Islam. Everyone is so quick to try and tell you that it's not violent, but as many have said its not the religion who is violent but the followers.

Right now Muslims are a violent culture. The fact anyone makes excuses for them is laughable. And even if they aren't murdering people, they still are oppressing women which is equally as bad. women are not allowed to speak to others unless their husband or father gives permission. Is this the type of world we want to live? A place where nonmuslim women are considered whores.

Yes Christianity has also gone through a very violent time. But somehow Christians have stopped large scale violence and oppression. Muslims however have been violent for ages and continue their violence.

The Muslims who are calling for reformation are the ones who truly want peace. The ones who are not..... They just want the violence and their holy war.
(10-24-2015, 04:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: But there is a lot of excuse making or rationalizing for Islam.   Everyone is so quick to try and tell you that it's not violent, but as many have said its not the religion who is violent but the followers.  

Right now Muslims are a violent culture.   The fact anyone makes excuses for them is laughable.   And even if they aren't murdering people, they still are oppressing women which is equally as bad.   women are not allowed to speak to others unless their husband or father gives permission.    Is this the type of world we want to live?   A place where nonmuslim women are considered whores.  

Yes Christianity has also gone through a very violent time.   But somehow Christians have stopped large scale violence and oppression.  Muslims however have been violent for ages and continue their violence.  

The Muslims who are calling for reformation are the ones who truly want peace.  The ones who are not..... They just want the violence and their holy war.

Constantly reminding you that you shouldn't lump in 1.57 billion people in with a minority isn't "defending" or "making excuses".