Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***(Wild Card) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals***
Here's to a quick recovery to Jonah.

We're going to need him if we want to play in February.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We won’t face a defence like that again until the super bowl.

This was the hurdle we had to get over I really do think we can beat buffalo.

Jesus it’s 04:30am here and not a clue how I’m going to get to sleep for a few hours yet LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Fandom is tricky....you have to be confident, but not so confident you jinx things.

Exactly 10000000% upvote.  Those boys were EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY luck that ball wasn't caught for a TD.. About an inch away.   In the normal universe Baltimore would have caught that.  Maybe things have finally, after God knows how long, things have shifted for thr Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:23 AM)Joelist Wrote: Courtesy of a 1/1000 miracle play. The D got pushed around mostly by a bad Rat offense. Add in the O going to sleep instead of putting the game away and we had a lot of unnecessary drama. Supposedly a top tier team - waiting to see them play a 100% complete game on both sides of the ball.

Best Bengals D ever these season and last, better enjoy it while it lasts. You probably wont see another Bengals D this good in decades
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:23 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I absolutely feel better about next week than I did tonight. Bengals can win a shootout, but that Ravens D has shut them down two times in a row.  The Ravens can’t win a Super Bowl with that team beating three good teams in a row, but they can beat any one team.

Well, I mean the Bengals offense sure wasn't looking shoot-out worthy in this game, but hey...I'm legit saying anything short of winning our 1st SB this year is a disappointment, too.
Reply/Quote
Hubbard better be the only option in the Gameball thread.
Reply/Quote
Fortunate to get the win but hopefully the O was not that great because of the match up.

Lucky Bengals end up playing in the post season with a bunch of back up O linemen. Even when they try to fix it they can’t catch a break.
Reply/Quote
This franchise under Lewis loses that game every time.

Kudos to Zac, Lou and all of our guys.

Cheers to all of you. Even those who ignored me. Maybe next week we can be friends again.

But Who ***** Dey. Yes sir.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:25 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: We won’t face a defence like that again until the super bowl.

Jesus it’s 04:30am here and not a clue how I’m going to get to sleep for a few hours yet LOL

Call out sick !!!
Reply/Quote
My work partner is a Ravens fan.. I get bragging rights for the year..  Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I was more worried about this game than I am Buffalo
Reply/Quote
Playoff win for two years in a row dance!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:24 AM)WildCat Wrote: ^^^^
  this guy is really just a browns fan.

If so can we trade him to their board for a poster to be named later.
Reply/Quote
4 playoff wins for Zac so far...
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:26 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Hubbard better be the only option in the Gameball thread.

You spelled Wilson wrong
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:25 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: We won’t face a defence like that again until the super bowl.

Yeah I really felt the Ravens are were the toughest to get by because they have a superior defense that knows the Bengals. Good luck getting some rest.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:26 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Hubbard better be the only option in the Gameball thread.

Hubbard won that game.

Reply/Quote
So the play where Jamarr busted his ass to get a block for Mixon against the Lions has been my favorite Bengals play the last decade.

The Sam Hubbard 98 yard TD fumble return is my new favorite play of the last decade.

That was insane.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:23 AM)Joelist Wrote: Courtesy of a 1/1000 miracle play. The D got pushed around mostly by a bad Rat offense. Add in the O going to sleep instead of putting the game away and we had a lot of unnecessary drama. Supposedly a top tier team - waiting to see them play a 100% complete game on both sides of the ball.
A "miracle" play caused by Pratt holding up Huntley at the line, Wilson stripping the ball, and Hubbard making a heads up play to return it.  Players make plays.
Your constant whining about the "Defense" calling them trash is sad.
Reply/Quote

I totally agree.  The Ravens defense is what concerned me starting from last weeks win.
Drink a Steele Reserve 8% ABV to assist with sleep
Reply/Quote