Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***(Wild Card) PLAYOFF GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals***
(01-16-2023, 01:34 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Btw… by the end of the week I’ll probably forget there a big lucky play to win this.

Meh, how many people outside of old Bengals fans bring up Lewis Billups when talking about Joe Montana's 4 SBs?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow needs to take slightly less for the team. If he wants to take money away from this defense I think we have to question is will to win. I keep waiting for the offense to take over and win one of these games. But the defense keeps getting it done. Who Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:26 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Hubbard better be the only option in the Gameball thread.

its wilson & hubbard.Had Wilson not smack that ball.... Hubbard was lucky it landed in his hands.
Reply/Quote
Oh and we get to start the playoff win drought at zero again.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Wilson knocked that ball out and kept it from crossing the line.

Well did he then catch and run for a playoff record 98yd fumble return score? 

Okay gameball for Hubbard with an honorable mention of Wilson.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, how many people outside of old Bengals fans bring up Lewis Billups when talking about Joe Montana's 4 SBs?

The fumbles & the goal line in the first loss. 

Stanley Wilson, Krumrie's leg, Boomer's injury, and Billups' drop in the 2nd. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:18 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: wow, that should have been a tie.. wow

Why?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:38 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The fumbles & the goal line in the first loss. 

Stanley Wilson, Krumrie's leg, Boomer's injury, and Billups' drop in the 2nd. 

Right, and when we raise the Lombardi this year no one outside of Baltimore is going to talk about how we won this playoff game by an inch.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok, well our offense getting shut out for the entire 2nd half doesn't look good, but if this is the only good defense we face until the SB, so be it.

We scored 8 pts in the 3rd quarter. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:26 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Best Bengals D ever these season and last, better enjoy it while it lasts. You probably wont see another Bengals D this good in decades

Okay, Mrs Harbaugh.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 11:54 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Lol if you're referring to my dislike of Eli Apple it's not going to change.  That guy absolutely sucks.  Didn't you see him standing around when they were trying to make the tackle on that last BR offensive possession? The guy just stood there like the play was over.

Do you know if I agree with you or disagree with you?

I am asking people to be a bit less hostile to each other, regardless of their position. 

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:42 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We scored 8 pts in the 3rd quarter. 

Whoops, I was looking at the wrong line.  I blame the ice beer.
Reply/Quote
Wow. This win is probably one of the most impressive ones they’ve had. Thank God the defense came through again. I know the offense struggled a bit, but, they did just enough. Ravens defense is legit. Need Carman, Smith and Sharping to raise their play though.

I’m still in utter disbelief at Hubbard’s TD.
Reply/Quote
I guarantee Balt would have went for 2 if they scored. They had nothing to lose.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:26 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Hubbard better be the only option in the Gameball thread.

Hubbard won that game.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Whoops, I was looking at the wrong line.  I blame the ice beer.

Do they still make ice beer? I figured that was a fad long gone. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:52 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Wow. This win is probably one of the most impressive ones they’ve had. Thank God the defense came through again. I know the offense struggled a bit, but, they did just enough. Ravens defense is legit. Need Carman, Smith and Sharping to raise their play though.

I’m still in utter disbelief at Hubbard’s TD.

The offense struggled a bit because the Ravens defense is legit. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:29 AM)edindetroit Wrote: Do they still make ice beer? I figured that was a fad long gone. 

How could more alcohol for your dwindling dollar ever go out of style?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:41 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Why?

It was just a premonition and my prediction on the way the game is/was going.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:34 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Btw… by the end of the week I’ll probably forget there a big lucky play to win this.

Huntley made an exceptionally bad decision to dive with the ball on third down and two yards out.

Wilson made an exceptionally great play to punch the ball out.

The ball falling into Hubbard’s hands was a lucky bounce.

But the ravens had a lucky bounce when the snap sailed over Huntley’s head and eventually bounced directly into his hands.

There are often bounces on both teams.
Reply/Quote