Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will We Make a Trade Today?
Honestly if we dont, im going to come to realize they just dont care and we will never win.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Our starting TE was an absolute stud, and probably top 5 as far as pass catchers go. That’s not easily replaced.

Of course it's not, but it's something that this offense desperately needs. Even more so than a RG (by quite a ways IMO). It's amazing the Bengals are the best in the NFL in the red-zone without Eifert, but I still would like them to get a reliable catcher from the TE position. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d rather have help on the OL or LB. It could get ugly if Boling misses any significant amount of time. And I never want to see Hardy Nickerson on the field again.

I really want to see Evans some more. I thought he played pretty well the last game. But the LB group as a whole has been quite bad. I would probably put LB ahead of Guard if I had a choice 
Reply/Quote
We will get Golden Tate because Mike Brown's mentality is in tune with the Lions who think WRs are the answer to a team's woes.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agreed. Hardly a priority. RG and LB should be at the top of the list.

Doubt we’re going to make any trades though.

This. Gabe Jackson, Chance Warmack, Elijah Lee, would love a TE like Jared Cook too.

But i doubt we trade picks even if it would be the smart thing to do at this point.

Are there any more Linebackers out there that we could trade for if we did? Just wondering.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:47 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I really want to see Evans some more. I thought he played pretty well the last game. But the LB group as a whole has been quite bad. I would probably put LB ahead of Guard if I had a choice 

Defensively the team has to get off the field on 3rd downs. Any upgrade to the LB group would be a solid step in that direction. 

Offensively the team has to convert 3rd downs. Any upgrade to the Oline or the TE group would be a solid step in that direction.

Choose your poison.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:54 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Defensively the team has to get off the field on 3rd downs. Any upgrade to the LB group would be a solid step in that direction. 

Offensively the team has to convert 3rd downs. Any upgrade to the Oline or the TE group would be a solid step in that direction.

Choose your poison.

TE for me. What about you, wildcats?
Reply/Quote
Deshaun Jackson would be an insta yes for me, but apparently they talked him into staying.

Anyways if the Bengals make a trade today for someone that is noteworthy, it will be as shocking as if winning 500 bucks off of a scratch off that I buy once every other year.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Lol. No.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:40 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Honestly if we dont, im going to come to realize they just dont care and we will never win.

You already believe that.  

Will you agree that every single team that does not make a trade today also does not care about winning?  Or does your logic just apply to the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
Let me shake the ol' Magic 8-Ball here.......

[Image: 8-ball1-1.png]

Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Ummm no we won't, should we ? yes

But while we're asking silly questions will the Browns win the Super Bowl this season ?
Reply/Quote
We need linebacker help asap
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You already believe that.  

Will you agree that every single team that does not make a trade today also does not care about winning?  Or does your logic just apply to the Bengals?

The problem with this logic is that not every 5-3 (or better) team has as many obvious holes as we do.

We have glaring needs on the o-line, at TE and at LB and NT.

To come out with that record and heading into a BYE at the trade deadline is perfect timing to make a trade.

Not every winning team has our situation of glaring need + a BYE to get a new player ready.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 01:52 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: We need linebacker help asap

I was hoping they’d go get a WR too, and now even more so with AJ in a Boot.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The problem with this logic is that not every 5-3 (or better) team has as many obvious holes as we do.

We have glaring needs on the o-line, at TE and at LB and NT.

To come out with that record and heading into a BYE at the trade deadline is perfect timing to make a trade.

Not every winning team has our situation of glaring need + a BYE to get a new player ready.

Why do it now when we can wait a couple more years ? AJ, Andy, Geno, Carlos have all the time in the world.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You already believe that.  

Id be willing to bet the good teams will make some type of move,pats,steelers and whoever else is in contention. Watch and see.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:13 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I was hoping they’d go get a WR too, and now even more so with AJ in a Boot.

I agree with james rapien that one defensive player out there isnt going to make our defense good,so be great at offense. Plus offense is just fun to watch and what the league is now adays. We need a weapon. John ross is the 3rd most targeted receiver,that should tell everyone something. He barely gets targets. Can you imagine if we went and got d jackson or even golden tate ,and then ross does improve? How unstoppable would we be on offense if we stay healthy. 
Reply/Quote
If we do it should be for o line help or a TE. No point in trading for defensive help when it really looks like coaching/play calling/scheme is the issue.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 01:18 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: TE for me. What about you, wildcats?

I want both, but doubt if either will be done. And by that I mean availability is the issue. At this point in time, finding another Eifert quality TE certainly isn't out there that we can responsibly make a reasonable deal. Maybe not even a Kroft quality TE either. We do have Uzomah with a good working knowledge of the system plus Franks showing enough talent to invest time and effort into. Coupled with the receiving talent of Mixon and the WR group, and I think we can scheme our way to enough success there to proceed confidently.

The LB group is the one that has hit rock bottom imho. Vigil is the surprise for me, in the sense that it's his coverage skills we miss the most. In the past 4 games, it's the rest of the entire group that has stunk up the field. Not one of them are worth the effort to write out their names. We don't have enough trade bait or draft picks that we SHOULD be considering to give up to get the kind of improvement we need. WTS, I'd take one cover LB over a TE at the moment.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote