Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will We Make a Trade Today?
(10-30-2018, 03:20 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I wonder if the Giant would be willing to part with Engram?

That would be a nice haul. It seems they're about as willing to unload salary as the Raiders are.  I even read where Janoris Jenkins may be up for grabs.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:28 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I want both, but doubt if either will be done. And by that I mean availability is the issue. At this point in time, finding another Eifert quality TE certainly isn't out there that we can responsibly make a reasonable deal. Maybe not even a Kroft quality TE either. We do have Uzomah with a good working knowledge of the system plus Franks showing enough talent to invest time and effort into. Coupled with the receiving talent of Mixon and the WR group, and I think we can scheme our way to enough success there to proceed confidently.

The LB group is the one that has hit rock bottom imho. Vigil is the surprise for me, in the sense that it's his coverage skills we miss the most. In the past 4 games, it's the rest of the entire group that has stunk up the field. Not one of them are worth the effort to write out their names. We don't have enough trade bait or draft picks that we SHOULD be considering to give up to get the kind of improvement we need. WTS, I'd take one cover LB over a TE at the moment.

Yeah, I am not going to disagree with you. But we do have Brown, Tez and Vigil, with the later two coming back sooner than later. I am having a hard time thinking this group will be this bad all season long, but I have been wrong before. TE is much more pessimistic IMO. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I might cry at 4pm when no move is made
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 03:20 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I wonder if the Giant would be willing to part with Engram?

Two things here, the guy has had a ton of concussions which has got a lot of people worried his career may be short. Secon, he is on his rookie deal and probably part of the rebuild. Best weapon for a young QB (assuming they will get one this draft) is a solid TE. 
Reply/Quote
All these big trades across the NFL and we will hear:

"Cincinnati with a big move this week trading a 7th round pick for 5th year LB Dick Felt in Buffalo"

"Dick has a good feel for this defensive scheme that will push us to the next level"
-Marvin Lewis
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 03:24 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I might cry at 4pm when no move is made

Get your Kleenex ready.....this probably won't happen.  That said, they made a lot of uncharacteristic Bengals' moves in the offseason, so I won't say never at this point.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 03:25 PM)GodFather Wrote: All these big trades across the NFL and we will hear:

"Cincinnati with a big move this week trading a 7th round pick for 5th year LB Dick Felt in Buffalo"

"Dick has a good feel for this defensive scheme that will push us to the next level"
-Marvin Lewis

He died in 2012 he was a defensive back for the pats.
Reply/Quote
Honestly I'd send a conditional 7th back to Indy for Ryan Hewitt. Not sexy, but could really help our TE issues right now.
Reply/Quote
Go get DJax and a LB that can cover. A guard or tackle would help, too.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 03:36 PM)Shady Wrote: Go get DJax and a LB that can cover. A guard or tackle would help, too.

One trade would be a big move for 99% of the teams in the league, your asking for a mid season Madden rebuild haha. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 03:29 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He died in 2012 he was a defensive back for the pats.

Did you tell Marvin that?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:53 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We will get Golden Tate because Mike Brown's mentality is in tune with the Lions who think WRs are the answer to a team's woes.

Actually a WR may be the best move we can make at this time.  Listening to Lap last night, outside of AJ and Boyd we have nothing, zilch.  This is the #1 reason our offense has disappeared for quarters and halves at a time.

When Eifert went down teams started playing a bunch of cover 2 and shield AJ and Boyd cause they knew nobody else could beat them.  Line up someone like Deshawn Jackson opposite AJ and we'll be rolling again.  Ross might be that same answer next year but we need help this year if we want to make a run.  Jackson immediately comes with that pedigree to force teams out of coverage and open things back up.

We need to score to stay with teams this year, that's why we need to help the offense.  The defense is what it is.  Even if they improve they are not going to hold teams like KC, NE and Pitt down.  Just have to try to outscore them.
Reply/Quote
No we won’t because Mike Brown won’t let you tell him how to run his team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
20 mins to go. It’s not happening
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 03:55 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Actually a WR may be the best move we can make at this time.  Listening to Lap last night, outside of AJ and Boyd we have nothing, zilch.  This is the #1 reason our offense has disappeared for quarters and halves at a time.

When Eifert went down teams started playing a bunch of cover 2 and shield AJ and Boyd cause they knew nobody else could beat them.  Line up someone like Deshawn Jackson opposite AJ and we'll be rolling again.  Ross might be that same answer next year but we need help this year if we want to make a run.  Jackson immediately comes with that pedigree to force teams out of coverage and open things back up.

We need to score to stay with teams this year, that's why we need to help the offense.  The defense is what it is.  Even if they improve they are not going to hold teams like KC, NE and Pitt down.  Just have to try to outscore them.

I don’t buy this one bit. Both AJ and Boyd are capable of taking over a game. Add in an effective run game (which we have) & all the pieces are there.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 04:46 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I don’t buy this one bit. Both AJ and Boyd are capable of taking over a game. Add in an effective run game (which we have) & all the pieces are there.

We rank near bottom in run game.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 05:03 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We rank near bottom in run game.

Rankings schmankings. Mixon is a game changer & so are two of our receivers. The pieces are there.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 05:08 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Rankings schmankings. Mixon is a game changer & so are two of our receivers. The pieces are there.

Apparently not. Or we wouldn’t have scored 3 offensive points in the second half against the Bucs. Or score 10 points against what was one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Quit dreaming. The only undefeated team in the NFL even went out and got an important piece.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 05:11 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Apparently not. Or we wouldn’t have scored 3 offensive points in the second half against the Bucs. Or score 10 points against what was one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Quit dreaming. The only undefeated team in the NFL even went out and got an important piece.

I don’t have the answer as to why we weren’t effective against the Chiefs or in the 2nd half against the Bucs (115 rushing yards in the 1st half though). But if you think we need any help at the skill positions (apart from TE), you’re the one dreaming.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 05:11 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Apparently not. Or we wouldn’t have scored 3 offensive points in the second half against the Bucs. Or score 10 points against what was one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Quit dreaming. The only undefeated team in the NFL even went out and got an important piece.

The issue lies somewhat on Lazor. The Bengals are 14th in YPC but 25th in attempts. Meanwhile, they are 9th in passing attempts, but 21st in YPA (19th in total passing yards per game).

Lazor struggles to call a balanced game. The Bengals have a 4.4 YPC with Mixon averaging 4.8 YPC. He is a game changer, he just doesn't see consistent attempts.

As for the second half, that's 100% on coaching. The adjustments are made by opponents but not as much by Cinci.
Reply/Quote