Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will We Make a Trade Today?
(10-30-2018, 02:28 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I want both, but doubt if either will be done. And by that I mean availability is the issue. At this point in time, finding another Eifert quality TE certainly isn't out there that we can responsibly make a reasonable deal. Maybe not even a Kroft quality TE either. We do have Uzomah with a good working knowledge of the system plus Franks showing enough talent to invest time and effort into. Coupled with the receiving talent of Mixon and the WR group, and I think we can scheme our way to enough success there to proceed confidently.

The LB group is the one that has hit rock bottom imho. Vigil is the surprise for me, in the sense that it's his coverage skills we miss the most. In the past 4 games, it's the rest of the entire group that has stunk up the field. Not one of them are worth the effort to write out their names. We don't have enough trade bait or draft picks that we SHOULD be considering to give up to get the kind of improvement we need. WTS, I'd take one cover LB over a TE at the moment.

Eifert quality TEs are hard to come by, even if you have a 1st round pick..  At this point, I'd be satisfied with bringing Gresham back to live out his days.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Patriots send a 4th to Detroit for Golden Tate and trade Gordon to bengals for a 7th. Prediction only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Eifert quality TEs are hard to come by, even if you have a 1st round pick..  At this point, I'd be satisfied with bringing Gresham back to live out his days.

Absolutely not.

Can't remember what thread it was that I commented in, but wow was it a comedy of errors in the San Fran game, by him, on Sunday.

He's become a back-end roster, dreadful player.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Eifert quality TEs are hard to come by, even if you have a 1st round pick..  At this point, I'd be satisfied with bringing Gresham back to live out his days.

But what if Oakland is willing to move Cook?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:19 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Id be willing to bet the good teams will make some type of move,pats,steelers and whoever else is in contention. Watch and see.

Pats already traded for Josh Gordon, now the word is that they want another WR before the trade deadline.

- Saints already traded for Eli Apple
- Lions (still 1 game out of first place) traded for Snacks Harrison 
- Cowboys (2 games out of first) traded for Amari Cooper
- Jags (2 games out) traded for Carlos Hyde
- Ian Rappaport reports that the Texans are finalizing a deal for Demaryius Thomas, in exchange for a mid-round pick

Including the Pats, that's 6 contending teams right there, with more probably to come.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: But what if Oakland is willing to move Cook?

Gruden is willing to move anybody. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Absolutely not.

Can't remember what thread it was that I commented in, but wow was it a comedy of errors in the San Fran game, by him, on Sunday.

He's become a back-end roster, dreadful player.

Which is what he wound down to when we finally let him go. Besides, we have enough weak blockers and false starters on the Oline already. Not to mention that the guy was a bit mental .....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Gruden is willing to move anybody. 

It sure seems that way.......I'd be on the horn. :andy:

I hear Irvin may be on the chopping block too.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Gruden is willing to move anybody. 

I've glanced at the Raiders boards a bit during this crapstastic time for them to see how the fans are reacting.  Interesting that a fanbase that thinks trading a 1st and 2nd for Carson Palmer was a franchise-killer are thinking Carr is worth at least two 1st round picks.  I think Gruden keeps Carr around to blame for the final 2 years in southern CA, at least.

Cook could be had, but not by us.  Why trade for a TE when we can draft one in the 1st round of 2019?  Isn't that more our style?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Pats already traded for Josh Gordon, now the word is that they want another WR before the trade deadline.

- Saints already traded for Eli Apple
- Lions (still 1 game out of first place) traded for Snacks Harrison 
- Cowboys (2 games out of first) traded for Amari Cooper
- Jags (2 games out) traded for Carlos Hyde
- Ian Rappaport reports that the Texans are finalizing a deal for Demaryius Thomas, in exchange for a mid-round pick

Including the Pats, that's 6 contending teams right there, with more probably to come.

Eagles just got Golden Tate for a 3rd. So there’s another.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I've glanced at the Raiders boards a bit during this crapstastic time for them to see how the fans are reacting.  Interesting that a fanbase that thinks trading a 1st and 2nd for Carson Palmer was a franchise-killer are thinking Carr is worth at least two 1st round picks.  I think Gruden keeps Carr around to blame for the final 2 years in southern CA, at least.

Cook could be had, but not by us.  Why trade for a TE when we can draft one in the 1st round of 2019?  Isn't that more our style?

Shit man, this is all hypothetical, we KNOW we're not making any trades.....lol.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:32 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Patriots send a 4th to Detroit for Golden Tate and trade Gordon to bengals for a 7th. Prediction only

Nostradamus I ain’t

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Shit man, this is all hypothetical, we KNOW we're not making any trades.....lol.

We did some trade stuff to get that o-line guy from Buffalo.  If you forget the fact that we waited years to address a glaring issue, that seems like we've turned the corner into being a proactive franchise!  But wait...wasn't there like...a bad team that once signed a FA or traded for someone, or drafted someone or something?  Oh god....don't do anything!  I don't want to make that mistake!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We did some trade stuff to get that o-line guy from Buffalo.  If you forget the fact that we waited years to address a glaring issue, that seems like we've turned the corner into being a proactive franchise!  But wait...wasn't there like...a bad team that once signed a FA or traded for someone, or drafted someone or something?  Oh god....don't do anything!  I don't want to make that mistake!!!!

LMAO.....I remember all of those discussions.

Yes, we did make a solid move to get Glenn and Price in the 1st rd, essentially, in that trade.  I just don't see them making one midseason.  I know we should, but I don't see it, yet.  Baby steps Nately, baby steps. Smirk

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 12:10 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, most teams rarely make a trade during the season in the NFL. With the Bengals, you're more likely to see Bigfoot winning the lottery while riding the Loch Ness Monster before all of you are hit by lightning 3 times before they make a trade mid-season.

... but there's STILL a chance?!?  Wooo hooooooo!!

Now if you would have added an alien encounter and Mike Brown receiving an enchanted kiss from a Prince then I would've lost all hope.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 02:43 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Which is what he wound down to when we finally let him go. Besides, we have enough weak blockers and false starters on the Oline already. Not to mention that the guy was a bit mental .....

A bit?!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Gresham was a beast at blocking. Penalties, fumbling, dropping catches and running routes seemed to be more of a crap shoot though :| 
Reply/Quote
It feels like everyone and their Grandmother is getting injured on this team. We are barely winning games, but close to playoff contention.

And then you see teams giving away low round picks for QUALITY talent that could completely change this team.

Sometimes, I swear, it is so frustrating being a die hard Bengals fan. It just doesn't make any damn sense sometimes.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Doubt it, we have a clown as a GM
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the Giant would be willing to part with Engram?
Reply/Quote