Poll: Would You Be Done If Lewis Came Back Or A New Coach Was Hired Within?
Yes- You can only push a man so far
No- I would digest and hope for the best. Bengals for life
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will You Be Seriously Done With The Bengals If....
(12-17-2017, 09:46 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I might go over the edge if they bring this sorry excuse of an o line coach back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand why people think Paul is going anywhere... I doubt he'll become head coach but I see nothing, anywhere about him possibly being replaced.

If he survived since the early 90's, he'll survive now
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is like Ebenezer Scrooge....unfortunately even IF he was visited by the ghosts he wouldn't change! I quit buying any tickets....season or single games 3 years ago. And i stopped ordering Sunday Ticket 2 years ago. You know what? My life went on! I watch football but only if it affects someone on my fantasy team now.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 02:07 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd just scale back my fandom. Watch fewer games, check more box scores. 

x2. I've already scaled back over the last couple years, and it wasn't really a conscious decision. My interest level in waning. I've been as die hard as anyone for 25 years, but there's only so many times you can bash your head into a brick wall before realizing that bashing your head isn't much fun, and the next bash isn't going to be "the one".

This front office just doesn't "get it" and/or they're content with having a cash cow that they will milk for every drop. I know it's bad when I'm even jaded about the (possible) resignation of Marvin. For one, it shouldn't be a resignation, and two, I'm dreading the announcement of an internal promotion. No one on the current staff is even close to being a worthy candidate and we desperately need a fresh slate, yet I almost know Mike Brown will take the lazy/cheap route.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 02:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: yet I almost know Mike Brown will take the lazy/cheap route.

Its amazing how much Brown wants to be involved with this team, yet he puts very little effort into it.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 02:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: x2. I've already scaled back over the last couple years, and it wasn't really a conscious decision. My interest level in waning. I've been as die hard as anyone for 25 years, but there's only so many times you can bash your head into a brick wall before realizing that bashing your head isn't much fun, and the next bash isn't going to be "the one".

This front office just doesn't "get it" and/or they're content with having a cash cow that they will milk for every drop. I know it's bad when I'm even jaded about the (possible) resignation of Marvin. For one, it shouldn't be a resignation, and two, I'm dreading the announcement of an internal promotion. No one on the current staff is even close to being a worthy candidate and we desperately need a fresh slate, yet I almost know Mike Brown will take the lazy/cheap route.

Yeah the next one might give you a "corncushion"...  Seriously tho, I'm in the same boat. Although after the 90's, I swore never to get myself emotional invested in the Bengals or the NFL. Still my team and will always be, but giving a shit about them, nah.....
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:23 PM)GodFather Wrote: Its amazing how much Brown wants to be involved with this team, yet he puts very little effort into it.

I think he stays involved because he wants this team run in a very specific, cost-efficient way. 

Coaches are going to want to win...with no regard for spending or cost. Mike has to check them on that.

That's why a yes-man (or someone "familiar" with the FO) will be a priority over some new hot-shot that Mike would have to break in and get assimilated to the Bengal way.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think he stays involved because he wants this team run in a very specific, cost-efficient way. 

Coaches are going to want to win...with no regard for spending or cost. Mike has to check them on that.

That's why a yes-man (or someone "familiar" with the FO) will be a priority over some new hot-shot that Mike would have to break in and get assimilated to the Bengal way.

IDK Shake. Maybe he does take the easy route and hire from the current staff, but the last time he hired a coach from outside the organization...he lasted for 15 years. Maybe Mike keeps that fact in mind as well? At least I hope so.  Pray
Reply/Quote
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: if Merv is brought back or they hire, as the new HC, someone currently on the coaching staff, I'm done. I have the perfect excuse to switch teams (moved to a new area) and would rather know that every game will be televised on a channel I can watch on my TV and not have to try to find a working stream.

I suffered through the 90s and thought the suffering was over. Now it's back and I'm not suffering through a lazy Mike Brown hire. It's either a new HC from outside the organization (and, no, Jay or Hue are NOT outside hires) or I'm becoming an Eagles fan.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Don't you need somebody to hate? Wouldn't you love somebody to hate? You better find somebody to hate....and we have a winner!  Mikey boy and family! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I've said it before, but I'll say it again: if Merv is brought back or they hire, as the new HC, someone currently on the coaching staff, I'm done. I have the perfect excuse to switch teams (moved to a new area) and would rather know that every game will be televised on a channel I can watch on my TV and not have to try to find a working stream.

Would that mean the Pats?  There are worse choices, like the Paulie G Bengals, for example.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
First I want to thank Marvin for bringing a winning attitude here. Now I also want to voice my dissatifaction with Marvin not knowing when he has accomplished as much as he thought he could. I was done with Cincinnati when they continued to give him the extension and let good coaches go. I said when Zimm went to Minnesota that if Mike Brown was smart he would move Marvin into the front office and elevate Zimm to head coach. Alas he didn't, that's when I got my Sundays back and it's great...
Reply/Quote
I will NEVER change teams. I may take a sabbatical like I did part of the 90s.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IDK Shake. Maybe he does take the easy route and hire from the current staff, but the last time he hired a coach from outside the organization...he lasted for 15 years. Maybe Mike keeps that fact in mind as well? At least I hope so.  Pray

There is another way he can go...

Draw a parallel to the whole FA issue.  He went out and spent what was, for him, big money on a WR with a bum knee and got nothing in return.  His response?  Screw that.  We're never spending more than a pittance in FA again.  He blamed the process, not his poor judgment.

The same thing could happen with a new HC.  First, he could say screw going outside the organization.  Or, he could decide to never give a HC much of a leash in the future.   Mike is a guy who doesn't learn from his mistakes.  Or hell, even admit them.  Instead, he blames the process.

This is all part of the negative influence the father had on the son--FA is evil, it is cruel to fire someone, whether they deserve it or not.  Don't think for a second that Paul's fingerprints aren't still all over the organization.  Difference is, Paul would have changed with the times.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Yes, if the Bengals bring back Marvin Lewis I am done with the Cincinnati Bengals.

I will instead focus all my time and energy on the Indiana Fever of the WNBA.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Only way I’m leaving the team is if it gets moved to a city I don’t like, let’s say San Antonio for example.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 11:09 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Only way I’m leaving the team is if it gets moved to a city I don’t like, let’s say San Antonio for example.

[Image: oH66tt.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IDK Shake. Maybe he does take the easy route and hire from the current staff, but the last time he hired a coach from outside the organization...he lasted for 15 years. Maybe Mike keeps that fact in mind as well? At least I hope so.  Pray

Back in the day, Marvin homers used to argue that they didn't want Marv fired because his replacement would likely be internal...and worse. My counter was always that the Brown family did hire an external candidate last time. Maybe I'm just more jaded now, but my feelings on that have changed some. Katie was heavily involved in that coaching search and Marv was in fact her choice.

I'm starting to get the feeling Katie won't be as involved this time around. Not sure why. Just a gut feeling.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 11:16 PM)GodFather Wrote: [Image: oH66tt.png]

That would make my decision very easy.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 11:16 PM)GodFather Wrote: [Image: oH66tt.png]

Meh, it could happen but you have to admit the whole "I'm gonna move the team" threat worked a lot better when LA had 0 teams.  Move the Bengals to be a 3rd Texas team?  Ehh, I'd still root for them out of sheer insanity.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 09:48 PM)McC Wrote: There is another way he can go...

Draw a parallel to the whole FA issue.  He went out and spent what was, for him, big money on a WR with a bum knee and got nothing in return.  His response?  Screw that.  We're never spending more than a pittance in FA again.  He blamed the process, not his poor judgment.

The same thing could happen with a new HC.  First, he could say screw going outside the organization.  Or, he could decide to never give a HC much of a leash in the future.   Mike is a guy who doesn't learn from his mistakes.  Or hell, even admit them.  Instead, he blames the process.

This is all part of the negative influence the father had on the son--FA is evil, it is cruel to fire someone, whether they deserve it or not.  Don't think for a second that Paul's fingerprints aren't still all over the organization.  Difference is, Paul would have changed with the times.

Didn't Paul though cut a guy on the plane one time after a game?
Reply/Quote