Poll: Would You Be Done If Lewis Came Back Or A New Coach Was Hired Within?
Yes- You can only push a man so far
No- I would digest and hope for the best. Bengals for life
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will You Be Seriously Done With The Bengals If....
(12-19-2017, 12:20 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Didn't Paul though cut a guy on the plane one time after a game?

Paul had no trouble firing anybody.  But he was so devastated when Modell fired him, Mike has carried it with him to this day.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 12:23 AM)McC Wrote: Paul had no trouble firing anybody.  But he was so devastated when Modell fired him, Mike has carried it with him to this day.

That would explain a lot. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 12:25 AM)sandwedge Wrote: That would explain a lot. 

Yep. I think that's why he's never been able to come out and say he fired Sam.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 11:09 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Only way I’m leaving the team is if it gets moved to a city I don’t like, let’s say San Antonio for example.

What’s wrong with San Antonio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 12:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: What’s wrong with San Antonio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most people say it's pretty awesome.

Maybe someone whose NBA team was a Spurs rival wouldn't.  I'm just off the wall guessing.

Reply/Quote
I would never be done, or completely leave, but if this lazy, cheap POS hires Guenther or Simmons my interest level is going down hill quick.

The start of the NFL season has always been magical. I have been watching since I can remember around 78' or 79' but Mike Brown is starting to take that away from me.

Remember when you found out Santa wasnt real and Christmas is still fun but the magic is gone? That is what the Bengals are like to me now.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 07:40 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Would that mean the Pats?  There are worse choices, like the Paulie G Bengals, for example.

No. Never the Pats. The only team I hate more than the Pats would be the Steelers. 

Over the summer, I moved to the Lancaster, PA area and now live in York. My choices are either the Ravens (never happening, either) or the Eagles. I like the color green; my first name is Phil; and I can watch the Eagles on TV. Yeah, if I'm not rooting for Cincy, it'll be the Eagles.

(12-18-2017, 11:16 PM)GodFather Wrote: [Image: oH66tt.png]

If he does this, I'm definitely no longer rooting for the Bengals. I doubt this happens, though. That would require Mike Brown to actually do some work.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
We've been done for decades thanx to the repetitive laughingstock mismanagement of a sports franchise.

Mikey Boy the GM Mastermind LMAO

Even when we've been close enough to smell it, Ol' Mikey Boy's pocketbook puckers up tighter than his pickle jar.

He has never put serious $ into acquisitions to push a team over the top, but always relied on retreads and has-beens
on the cheap, while letting the wrong players time and time again walk without serious offers...but he retains an offensive
line coach for two and a half decades who is so blatantly clueless it's beyond comical.  WTF???

[Image: 487333884.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No. Never the Pats. The only team I hate more than the Pats would be the Steelers. 

Over the summer, I moved to the Lancaster, PA area and now live in York. My choices are either the Ravens (never happening, either) or the Eagles. I like the color green; my first name is Phil; and I can watch the Eagles on TV. Yeah, if I'm not rooting for Cincy, it'll be the Eagles.

If he does this, I'm definitely no longer rooting for the Bengals. I doubt this happens, though. That would require Mike Brown to actually do some work.

Good time to hop on with the Eagles. I like what they're building over there.

Unfortunately, my most local team is the Lions. Their playoff-winless streak is only 1 year shorter than the Bengals, and Jim Caldwell with his boring personality reminds me of Marv. At least there's no Mike Brown though, and they ditched Matt Millen years ago. Maybe I should roll with them.

That said, I've always loved the Raiders uniforms. Garrappolo looks like the next great QB, so maybe the 49ers are an option as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 03:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good time to hop on with the Eagles. I like what they're building over there.

Unfortunately, my most local team is the Lions. Their playoff-winless streak is only 1 year shorter than the Bengals, and Jim Caldwell with his boring personality reminds me of Marv. At least there's no Mike Brown though, and they ditched Matt Millen years ago. Maybe I should roll with them.

That said, I've always loved the Raiders uniforms. Garrappolo looks like the next great QB, so maybe the 49ers are an option as well.

I'll be honest. The main draw for the Eagles is just that they're the local team. No streaming on the internet required and th elocal radio and TV stations would actually talk about the team.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:18 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I’ll be finding out if I look good in purple.  If it’s a lazy hire from within the son of Paul will not be getting any more of my time or energy.  I’ll be spending more time following the Vikings.  Will I still hang out here and post?  Hell to the Yes!  You can’t get rid of me that easily!  :)

You pretty well nailed it for me too.

Apparently I get some sort of sick, sadistic, satisfaction from this Message Board or I would have walked away last year. I no longer attend, nor watch Bengals' games on TV. I have such loathing for the Front Office and these coaches (probably, in reality, not every coach) but definitely the ones I read/hear about on CJ and here). Sad
Reply/Quote
This reminds me of the statement that 50% of all men masturbate and the other 50% lie.

I really doubt half of you would cut them off. Be honest.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 07:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This reminds me of the statement that 50% of all men masturbate and the other 50% lie.  

I really doubt half of you would cut them off.  Be honest.

I agree....to both statements!
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 07:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This reminds me of the statement that 50% of all men masturbate and the other 50% lie.  

Part of me finds seasons like this one more entertaining than going 10-16, so as long as my life isn't intertwined I'll say it's interesting when things are going wacky/crazy/bad with the Bengals.  That's the kicker, I'm from Pittsburgh and I chose to be a Bengals fan because it was more interesting than acting like everyone else around me.

Lordy, the only good thing about being from that area is the ability to be smug about football and I tossed that out the window.  I'm nuts.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 08:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Part of me finds seasons like this one more entertaining than going 10-16, so as long as my life isn't intertwined I'll say it's interesting when things are going wacky/crazy/bad with the Bengals.  That's the kicker, I'm from Pittsburgh and I chose to be a Bengals fan because it was more interesting than acting like everyone else around me.

Lordy, the only good thing about being from that area is the ability to be smug about football and I tossed that out the window.  I'm nuts.

Be it on here, on talk radio, wherever - bad seasons make for good conversations.  Hell, entertaining if nothing else. If we're getting our asses handed to us, the game day thread can be hysterical.  Sometimes intentionally, sometimes not. Winning is kinda boring. Good thing it doesn't happen here much anymore.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:25 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I survived the 90s but I was in my 20s then. I’m getting less and less patient. I’ve decided to see what this offseason looks like. If it’s the normal ignore free agency and not drafting 3 Olinemen, I’m out. Once I do finally hit my limit on being mentally abused, I’m just going to dump the NFL all together. There are signs that it’s rigged anyways. It is a weird physiological thing though that we grown men would put up with what we will and keep coming back. It’s honestly at a disgusting level for all of us.

I totally believe the NFL is "influenced" by refs. 
Reply/Quote
Can't be done with them, I have way to many sweaters, PJ's, shirts, mini Bengal helmets, penants, plush toys, and jerseys to change. That would be like losing almost a whole wardrobe... right?
Reply/Quote
I'm done if we bring back Marvin. It'd be great if he went to GM but thats it. We can't have him on the sidelines any longer. Bring in Jack Del Rio.
Reply/Quote

I will easily and mercifully separate myself from the team until Marvin Lewis is gone.

I'll still wear my gear and technically be a Bengal fan, but I won't watch any games and follow them as little as possible. My Sunday's will be spent elsewhere. Maybe I'll finally take the lady Apple-picking or something.

Also, I love hockey, basketball, baseball, soccer... Hell I love all sports. Maybe I'll become a passionate fan of another team and sport? I don't know, but I know I won't spend another second watching Marvin Lewis f*** this team up anymore than he's already has.

It will truly be hopeless until he's gone. 
Reply/Quote
I don't get how anyone can leave a team after so much emotion and time they invested in them. The Bengals are like if I had a disappointing child do I want them to do better yeah but I am not going to stop loving them because they suck it's still my kid. Anyways I don't think Marvin is the problem and he is probably the only guy that has the knowledge to fix the team that is still with the organization. The problem is our owner is a dumbass and until he is gone we will be at a huge disadvantage.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote