Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Tyler Eifert
(12-26-2015, 11:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Do you expect me to feel sorry for myself because I risked my quality of life playing football?   I don't and I would do the exact same thing again.   My fingers are in pain and my right shoulder it tricky .  

I don't get upset at these things because I used football to get me ahead.    Just a like these professionals are using it...

You've changed my mind on it.  Next time I see a player lying on the turf with a brain injury I'll weep a single tear for the freedom such a thing represents.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2015, 06:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Where do we stop making decisions for people that we think is in their best interests?  

Maybe anyone with a history of heart problems shouldn't be allowed to play sports or any physical jobs.    What about the guys who work on oil rigs?  They work there for the high pay and accept the high risk.  No different than any football player.   Where is the policy to stop those people from working the job they chose?   There isn't because people know the risks and make the decision.  

None of this has anything to do with my fandom.   I just see the league overreaching because they got an unfavorable ruling in a lawsuit.    A lawsuit launched by retired players who mishandled their money or were jealous at how salaries have gone up since they retired.      

This policy would be valid if players still worked an offseason job like they used to back in the day.    But they don't and are compensated for their risk .

Don't forget the survivors of guys like Mike Webster, Dave Duerson, and Junior Seau...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote