Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wilson signs 4 year extension
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1687596624179249154?s=46&t=KykfZ347urC7n4SwKapNFg

Get in great news.

Now please get Burrow sorted and put our minds at rest LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 07:53 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1687596624179249154?s=46&t=KykfZ347urC7n4SwKapNFg

Get in great news.

Now please get Burrow sorted and put our minds at rest LOL

HA

I thought twitter was making this one up

Awesome
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
all that's left this year are Joe and Tee.. Logan Wilson retweeted (X'd) this. can we take that as a confirmation?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That's a great deal and it locks up the front 7 outside of Reader for at least the next two years.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thats an awesome move for us. Since he's averaging so much the first two years the last 2 of his contract is only 7.5 mil so we can give Burrow the big bucks.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 08:11 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Bye Tee.

Who knows if they resign Tee. I'm sure they will tag him next year most likely. I never really thought we would sign him because I think he'll be getting a 100 million dollar contract and it just doesn't seem feasible. I saw something on Twitter earlier but it was vague and I wasn't sure it was gonna happen. Good to see and hopefully our linebackers just keep improving. I would love to be able to add a couple years to readers contract.
Reply/Quote
Awesome news, I'm glad he's locked up and remaining with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
“Up to”. It’ll be interesting to see the breakdown. Next up. Burrow. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Just seems like a very good value for what he brings. Pretty happy with this signing and it’s good to get some guys all wrapped up before The Big Man gets his $$$.

Having dynamic linebackers in this day and age is just such a bonus.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
So far so good. They have laid the foundation for the next offseason not being a total trauma to the defense.
Reply/Quote
What an amazing deal. Thought he would want top money but his contract didn't even make him a Top 5. C.J. Mosley is fifth earning 17 millions per year while Tremaine Edmunds is fourth at 18 millions. Congrats Tobin and staff.
Reply/Quote
I’m a little worried this means we won’t be getting Tee locked up. If it turns out we signed Pratt and Wilson over Higgins, I’ll be pretty upset. I still have some faith we find a way to sign Tee, but this wasn’t expected. I wasn’t expecting Hendrickson either, but that guy is a stud who sacks the QB. We got both these LB in mid rounds, we can find LB’s again. Hard to find a top 15 WR. We roll with Chase and rookies (Boyd won’t be resigned), and Chase goes down, this team will be struggling.

I’m happy for Wilson, and if we can still sign Tee, I’ll love this deal.
Reply/Quote
Whatever happened to this:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-JoeyBs-contract-comes-first
Quote:Update: The #Bengals want to sign WR Tee Higgins and LB Logan Wilson to long term extensions.

The team views Higgins as an "Elite" wide receiver, per
@JFowlerESPN

They will focus on those deals once the Joe Burrow contract is done.

Looks like Joe comes last and he most likely wants it that way
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 09:31 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I’m a little worried this means we won’t be getting Tee locked up. If it turns out we signed Pratt and Wilson over Higgins, I’ll be pretty upset. I still have some faith we find a way to sign Tee, but this wasn’t expected. I wasn’t expecting Hendrickson either, but that guy is a stud who sacks the QB. We got both these LB in mid rounds, we can find LB’s again. Hard to find a top 15 WR. We roll with Chase and rookies (Boyd won’t be resigned), and Chase goes down, this team will be struggling.

I’m happy for Wilson, and if we can still sign Tee, I’ll love this deal.

We're not keeping Chase AND Higgins. We weren't gonna do it before this deal, and we're certainly not going to after this deal. 

The problem is they have to decide who to keep.

Higgins and Chase don't appear too far off. Higgins could make a stronger case to keep him over Chase this year.

But there's a defensive player that we're saying goodbye to because of this deal. Dj Reader.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 09:42 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: We're not keeping Chase AND Higgins . We weren't gonna do it before this deal, and we're certainly not going to after this deal. 

Higgins and Chase don't appear too far off. Higgins could make a stronger case to keep him over Chase this year.

But there's a defensive player that we're saying goodbye to because of this deal. Dj Reader.

Absolutely we are.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 09:42 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: We're not keeping Chase AND Higgins. We weren't gonna do it before this deal, and we're certainly not going to after this deal. 

Says who? We have chase for up to 3 more years before we have to extend him. We can get Higgins done this year. There is so much separation between their deals their contracts might hardly impact each other.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 09:45 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Says who? We have chase for up to 3 more years before we have to extend him. We can get Higgins done this year. There is so much separation between their deals their contracts might hardly impact each other.

Keeping a top WR on a cheap deal as long as possible is a reallly good way to ruin your relationship with them.
Reply/Quote
LBs have been a missing piece for a long time so happy we have one top tier and one 2nd tier, the defense in playoffs has out played our offense and glad that we are spending $$ on our top defensive players
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Whatever happened to this:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-JoeyBs-contract-comes-first

Looks like Joe comes last and he most likely wants it that way

Or his deal is done and they know how much they have to spend on lb

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 08:23 PM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: Makes sense to go CB, I don’t think there is going to be a starting caliber CB in the second unless they want to gamble on the Utah CB to be there. Would rather have Ringo.

(08-04-2023, 09:42 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: We're not keeping Chase AND Higgins. We weren't gonna do it before this deal, and we're certainly not going to after this deal. 

(08-04-2023, 09:47 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Keeping a top WR on a cheap deal as long as possible is a reallly good way to ruin your relationship with them.

Im becoming convinced you dont know how any of this works. (DYT - I did not intend to quote you on this reply.)

Reply/Quote