Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Bridgewater seriously injured, could there be a Mccarron trade?
(09-01-2016, 10:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: for 3 full quarters he didn't even look like half a star.

What's that saying?  Ain't how you start.  It's how you finish.  The Steelers threw the kitchen sink at him but they couldn't make him quit.  That's why Andy is as good as he is.  No matter what ever went wrong, no matter how many people dogged him, they could never break him.  That's a requisite trait for a QB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 10:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: for 3 full quarters he didn't even look like half a star.

Was still a better result than our previous 5 playoff games. That has to count for something I'd think.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 06:06 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Was still a better result than our previous 5 playoff games. That has to count for something I'd think.

your right the defense played much better the last game than the 5 before that.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 05:38 AM)McC Wrote: I read that he dropped back, planted to throw and his knee exploded.  Unbelievable.

Yeah, I'm no doctor but I simply have no clue how a 23 year old can plant his leg in a manner which convinces medical professionals that he's been in a high impact car accident.  It just seems implausible, and I sincerely hope there is more to it.  Hell, I'm almost 35 and I did that p90x workout where you jump around for 58 minutes...should I worry there is a possibility my knee or knees might explode while I'm doing it?

I guess there were eye witnesses and I don't mean to imply that someone is lying but holy moses, a guy just plants his leg and causes injury more akin to a fall from a cliff?  I simply don't get this. 23 year old professional athlete plants his leg to throw and almost dies as a result? Insane.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 07:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, I'm no doctor but I simply have no clue how a 23 year old can plant his leg in a manner which convinces medical professionals that he's been in a high impact car accident.  It just seems implausible, and I sincerely hope there is more to it.  Hell, I'm almost 35 and I did that p90x workout where you jump around for 58 minutes...should I worry there is a possibility my knee or knees might explode while I'm doing it?

I guess there were eye witnesses and I don't mean to imply that someone is lying but holy moses, a guy just plants his leg and causes injury more akin to a fall from a cliff?  I simply don't get this.  23 year old professional athlete plants his leg to throw and almost dies as a result?  Insane.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I witnessed a similar injury in person.  The guy simply planted, and cut so hard, merely to turn and hand the ball off, that it destroyed his knee.  The guy was not even 25, had played college ball for 4 years, was a good athlete.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I witnessed a similar injury in person.  The guy simply planted, and cut so hard, merely to turn and hand the ball off, that it destroyed his knee.  The guy was not even 25, had played college ball for 4 years, was a good athlete.

Spooky stuff.  
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 06:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: your right the defense played much better the last game than the 5 before that.

That is true, but the offense also scored more points that the last 5 games before as well.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 02:01 PM)Stormborn Wrote: If this is your honest statement on Teddy, I have no choice but to respect the fact that you haven't watched enough film, if any at all, on the way that offense operates and the way he plays.

I have watched almost every game he played in. He hasn't played very well. You haven't even said what's good about him. Because there isnt many good things about him.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 10:07 PM)BengalChris Wrote: That is true, but the offense also scored more points that the last 5 games before as well.

The offense looked better because the defense put them in great field position. We only had 1 FG when we didn't get the ball on Pittsburgh's side of the field. I'm sure if the defense played like it did in the other playoff games we would have won all of them easily. The playoff game against Pittsburgh the defense had more turnovers than all 4 playoff games combined. You could about say the same about sacks too.
Reply/Quote
All debating aside, I do feel bad for him, the Vikings and their fans. While I do think Shaun Hill can possibly play the 2015 TB role, it's possible that Teddy was going to take a step forward. Although I'm not sure why the Vikings would've held him back if he were capable of much more. It's not like having AP would keep TB from going deep, and he did have one of the best deep ball WR's in recent memory (Mike Wallace).

Here's hoping he fully recovers, but since my Wife is a Lions fan, I can't really root for the Vikings to take that division.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Agree

Except never have been a Mike Wallace fan and was on record as not wanting him on Bengals. One trick pony with butterfingers who has now lost a step.

Plus defensive coaches turned HC's usually take a minute before opening up their offenses and play conservative at first it seems.

But we may never know with TB. That is a significant injury that he will not come back quickly from.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 11:04 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I have watched almost every game he played in. He hasn't played very well. You haven't even said what's good about him. Because there isnt many good things about him.

Have watched every game he has played. College, pro, and many practices. 

Got to disagree. 

But everybody sees things differently. 

Cool.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 08:34 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Teddy Bridgewater went down in practice with a knee injury so bad that they called an ambulance.  They are looking at replacements.  Wonder if Mccarron is in the mix.

If they offer a # 1 draft pick........otherwise, no....McCarron is better than a # 2 or a # 3 pick player. .....If somebody wants him bad enough, they better cough up a first round pick. . How much is the 2016 season worth to these teams. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 11:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: All debating aside, I do feel bad for him, the Vikings and their fans. While I do think Shaun Hill can possibly play the 2015 TB role, it's possible that Teddy was going to take a step forward. Although I'm not sure why the Vikings would've held him back if he were capable of much more. It's not like having AP would keep TB from going deep, and he did have one of the best deep ball WR's in recent memory (Mike Wallace).

Here's hoping he fully recovers, but since my Wife is a Lions fan, I can't really root for the Vikings to take that division.

He went from 2900 to 3200 plus from all reports he was gonna throw about 10-15 percent more this year so probably would have got in the 3700 yard area... And I think one of the threats that made the offense better was his running ability all you have to be worried about with Shawn hill is throwing or handing off
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 07:48 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He went from 2900 to 3200 plus from all reports he was gonna throw about 10-15 percent more this year so probably would have got in the 3700 yard area... And I think one of the threats that made the offense better was his running ability all you have to be worried about with Shawn hill is throwing or handing off

I understood your point, but I never thought I would read that phrase in my life Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Tobin said last night no way he will trade AJ to help another team. AJ is too important was the words he used.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 11:38 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Tobin said last night no way he will trade AJ to help another team. AJ is too important was the words he used.

I guess that takes care of that mystery.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2016, 11:38 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Tobin said last night no way he will trade AJ to help another team. AJ is too important was the words he used.

Good to hear. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

As much as I'm for listening to offers, I'm also content to keep McCarron.

I think we can all agree it's a good "problem" to have.

I'm certainly more confident with AJ as backup than I was with guys like Grad, Josh Johnson and RunPee.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 11:04 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I have watched almost every game he played in. He hasn't played very well. You haven't even said what's good about him. Because there isnt many good things about him.

He has a lot of good qualities. 

He's one of the most pure accurate throwers in the game. His placement and touch is upper tier specifically on shallow crosses and intermediate downfield strikes.

Seriously, he's probably the most under appreciated thrower in the game because he can't seamlessly throw it 60 yards on demand. He's very accurate when he has time. And a good decision maker, very little errand throws.

Not only does his Oline stick to high heaven, the system Turner employs is predicated on 5-7 step drops, causing pressure to come quicker against a terribad oline. The system requires multiple reads to go through, much more complicated stuff than what we're running down here. And yes, he makes the presnap adjustments too. 

AP's strengths don't even shine in this system. 

This doesn't even account for the fact that his most consistent receiver he's had in two years fell off the edge late last year. He's had bad weapons overall with that Oline that accouts for his lack of production. It's way more on them than it is on him as a Quarterback.

He's very efficient on the move, able to make throws on the run and use his legs to evade tacklers.

This is what is called context. Stats don't mean everything.

Re-watch some of his games with the all-22 and a fresh head, see what everyone else sees.
Reply/Quote