Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Wk 14 GameDay Thread...Steelers @ Bengals***
(12-13-2015, 06:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: You know they were.  You can't tell me we just magically wind up with injuries to our vital players every time we play these goddamned bastards.

Yup preach it
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:25 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So to elaborate on this, I noticed Nuge and two others out ran the ball and "blocked" Steelers players downfield while waiting for the ball to get to 10 yards.  Nuge, being a kicker, wasn't very successful on his part.

That's when it occurred to me: train an Olineman to make the kick, with guards on each side.  They run upfield to blow up the opponents at the 10 yard point while having a hands receiver trail them to grab the ball once it reaches 10 yards.

I like it.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: He. Giftwrapped. Fourteen. Points.  They were terrible throws.  He showed why he's a backup.  He played well enough for a backup.....but I'm not just gonna ignore those horrible throws.  The poor decisions he made should get better after more reps....but bad throws are bad throws....and those were back breakers.  I ain't knocking off shit.  You deride our starter for putting up MVP like numbers....so I'll bust your boy's balls all I want.  Capiche?

I think he made a lot of good throws though. Still too early to see what we have. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:23 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: People rant with you because of how idiotically you talk about Dalton. If you werent obviously for Dalton failing, you could be taken seriously. 

Right.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:20 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I think they'd have to make hits reviewable before they could take these measures. That's fine with me, but the league doesn't want to sit stars so it probably won't happen.

But they don't need to review anything.

The flag is thrown and the penalty is called and enforced.  If the player does enter the concussion protocol, then if it is determined that a concussion was indeed suffered, the infracting player is then removed from the remainder of the game.

Hell, that should probably be the case for any injury suffered because of a personal foul.  If you knock a guy out of the game with a neck injury because of grabbing the face mask, why should you be allowed to continue?
Reply/Quote
Marv sounds exhausted/drained. Confirmed it's McCarron to close out season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:30 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think he made a lot of good throws though. Still too early to see what we have. 

Yeah....but like Andy before him....he sailed a few. Can Zampese coach at all?

More than the bad throws....he's gotta improve decisions a bit.  That should come with reps.  We're fortunate with our next opponents....but if he keeps giving up the pill...we're in trouble.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: He. Giftwrapped. Fourteen. Points.  They were terrible throws.  He showed why he's a backup.  He played well enough for a backup.....but I'm not just gonna ignore those horrible throws.  The poor decisions he made should get better after more reps....but bad throws are bad throws....and those were back breakers.  I ain't knocking off shit.  You deride our starter for putting up MVP like numbers....so I'll bust your boy's balls all I want.  Capiche?

Your a sore loser. 
Reply/Quote

I understand everything but that.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Marv sounds exhausted. It's McCarron the rest of the way.

Marv has sounded exhausted since they got embarassed in back-to-back games by Mark F'in Sanchez in '09.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The whole Mitchell and Williams thing puts the league in a VERY bad light. They publicly said they were out to cause injuries and then did so - and nothing is done. Both should have been ejected on the spot when the injury hits occurred and also suspended indefinitely.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Marv sounds exhausted/drained. Confirmed it's McCarron to close out season.

Missed it. What did he say?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:19 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Knock it off. AJ played fine. He threw a few bad passes but I don't see what all the ranting is about.

Lol I've seen it all now.  Hilarious
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:33 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: But they don't need to review anything.

The flag is thrown and the penalty is called and enforced.  If the player does enter the concussion protocol, then if it is determined that a concussion was indeed suffered, the infracting player is then removed from the remainder of the game.

Hell, that should probably be the case for any injury suffered because of a personal foul.  If you knock a guy out of the game with a neck injury because of grabbing the face mask, why should you be allowed to continue?

Gawd....the Stoolers would have to get people out of the stands to finish games.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Marv sounds exhausted/drained. Confirmed it's McCarron to close out season.

No he didn't.  He said Andy would miss time and is out next week.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:23 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: People rant with you because of how idiotically you talk about Dalton. If you werent obviously for Dalton failing, you could be taken seriously. 

This has nothing to do with dalton. Try keeping up with the times.
Reply/Quote
Dalton-fractured thumb seeing doc tomorrow.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:36 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Your a sore loser. 

At least he is complaining when we lose instead of when win,  like you. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:38 PM)Fresno B Wrote: This has nothing to do with dalton. Try keeping up with the times.

Yeah it does.....should I link back to your snark remark about him in this very thread?

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 06:33 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: But they don't need to review anything.

Only problem with automatically taking the person who made the hit out is people like Reggie Nelson always got helmet-to-helmet calls for shoulder-to-chest hits. Also receivers are able to duck their heads down and it's still on the defenders to adjust. I would just slap the giant Wes Welker helmet on a shit WR like Tate or something and scheme so he's covered by the opposing team's best player. Throw him the ball and tell him to duck after he catches it.

"Yup, sorry, conccussion-like symptoms. You need to take our your defense MVP now in exchange for our scrub."

Steelers would totally game the system like that in a heartbeat.

[Image: tomlin-jones.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote