Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wolf's Scouting Reports
(01-10-2017, 07:34 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: No, they have not answered my email. I actually have talked to one scout and will hopefully be working with him. He mostly works with smaller schools, such as Nevada and Western Michigan, but he's also been someone who's scouted guys like Jayson DiManche.

Trying to get somewhere. Slowly but surely.

Everybody has to start someone.  The important thing is that you get started.  Again, good luck.
Reply/Quote
Wolf, just wanted to say great job! I really enjoy reading your reports, and do hope that you get noticed by someone that counts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This is some great analysis Wolf.

Takk McKinley as Bfine mentioned is a guy i would like to hear more about, really like this guy from the little i have seen.

Taco Charlton as well.

Really like what i am hearing about Solomon Thomas.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 07:32 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Solomon Thomas, DE. Stanford

Pros: Extremely powerful and beats with technique rather than just relying on strength. Demanded double teams in every game he's played, and has also shown a consistency in the ability to beat them. More agile than you would think and can fill gaps. Plays balanced and offers good pursuit on the ball. He plays well against both the run and pass. Versatile and has played in numerous spots. He's young and shows a ton of potential. Uses his hands consistently and fights every play. A very good motor and fights every play. Is a bully and will push offensive lineman aside. Has very good timing off the line of scrimmage.

Cons: Doesn't possess great speed and sometimes has trouble closing in on plays quickly. Against bigger offensive lineman he will struggle. Has some raw aspects, such as pass rushing moves. Not the most athletic player. Only 6'3 and doesn't have the ideal size for someone who lacks the pass rushing ability. May have trouble as a pass rusher in the next level until he refines his pass rushing moves.

Overall: Thomas possesses the strength, consistency, motor, and versatility scouts dream of. He's still young and can be a great player in the next level. He will need to be coached to gain better technique in the pass rush, but hes agile and nimble enough to squeeze double teams. Thomas has all the signs and ability to be a star at the NFL level, it's just a question as to where does he lineup and what system? He shows an ability to read offenses and could step in day 1 and make plays. The best part is he has an ability to get better as time goes on. A huge sleeper who can make a statement in the Combine.

When you say unathletic do you mean unathletic as a edge rusher or unathletic as a whole. The reason why I ask is because I am hearing  a lot of Aaron Donald comparison from him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 08:02 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Zach Cunningham, LB. Vanderbilt

Pros: Lengthy, fast, and versatile. Has arguably the best closing speed I've seen personally while scouting these defensive players. Great eyes and can read and react quickly. Has great instincts and is explosive towards the ball. Ability to shed blockers at the point of attack and does not shy away from having to take on blocks. Rarely over pursues plays. Plays well in pass coverage and very good when it comes to zone as he has a feel for where the receiver is or is going. Has very good feet and hips when in contact with blocks. Delivers a pop when hitting the ball carrier. Always near the line of scrimmage and makes plays. Blows up plays consistently.

Cons: Sometimes plays too high and that leverage can take him out of plays if blocked in that stance. Needs to do a better job wrapping up the tackler rather than aiming high. That could also cause some penalties in the NFL level if he tackles high continuously. Also does arm tackles more than you'd like. Sometimes struggles to hit the ball carrier aggressively if he was blocked, thus leading to him slowing down the ball carrier rather than taking him down.

Overall: Cunningham is a stud and has every chance to be one of the best linebackers in the NFL. He can read offenses, take on blocks, shows intelligence, speed, and aggression. He isn't the perfect prospect, but if he were in a different conference, people would be arguing whether he or Foster are the better prospect. May be better suited as a weak side linebacker, but has also shown the ability to be an inside linebacker. Cunnignham is a very intriguing prospect because he appears to have a high ceiling. Do not be surprised if you see Cunningham rise the boards and go within the top 15.

He and foster were both in the SEC.....what does that even mean? Seems like this would allow them to be more evenly compared because they saw similar competition.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 12:50 PM)J24 Wrote: When you say unathletic do you mean unathletic as a edge rusher or unathletic as a whole. The reason why I ask is because I am hearing  a lot of Aaron Donald comparison from him.

Unathletic as an edge rusher. He doesn't have the bend and hip movement as a pure pass rusher like you see in others. However, his strength and ability to use technique is what sets him apart. He just needs to continue to refine his pass rushing moves. He's still young and has tremendous upside, but there could be some growing pains early on in his career.

(01-11-2017, 02:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: He and foster were both in the SEC.....what does that even mean? Seems like this would allow them to be more evenly compared because they saw similar competition.

Wow. No idea why I wrote conference when I meant to write team.

Not a lot of people watch Vanderbilt so he wasn't going to get as much attention, especially since there's not much NFL talent around him on that team.

If he were on Alabama, he'd get so much more exposure and talked about way more. However, he played very well in the Georgia game.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Reuben Foster, LB. Alabama

Pros: Quite possibly the best player I've seen against the run this year, and that's including defensive lineman. Aggressive, plays with a mean streak. Plays sideline to sideline and your prototypical big hitter. Great instincts and can read offenses. Explosive when the ball snaps, which causes offensive lineman to lose balance and allows Foster's closing speed and technique to take over. Reads the quarterback in coverage. Can diagnose plays as they're happening and reacts rather than wait. Gives a powerful punch and fights every snap. Very good at reading passes in the backfield, as he blows up a ton of passes to the running back. Faster than you'd think with someone his size.

Cons: Sometimes too aggressive. Can over pursue and get off balanced. Is susceptible to getting fooled by the quarterback's eyes in coverage. Often doesn't follow receivers but stays with the eyes, which can be a downfall. Needs to do a better form of tackling, as he could receive some penalties (stupid, I know). Wasn't used as much as a blitzer, but had some success in doing so. Will certainly need to improve on pass rushing moves rather than just trying to win going full speed ahead.

Overall: Foster has every chance to be an elite player at the next level. He creates big hits, is fast, and can disrupt offenses. He is by no means the perfect prospect, but he's arguably the best linebacker in this draft. Foster showed potential earlier in his career and has gotten better. The stage isn't too big for him. He's more than just a thumper linebacker, he's a player that can change a game.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 01:56 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Reuben Foster, LB. Alabama

Pros: Quite possibly the best player I've seen against the run this year, and that's including defensive lineman. Aggressive, plays with a mean streak. Plays sideline to sideline and your prototypical big hitter. Great instincts and can read offenses. Explosive when the ball snaps, which causes offensive lineman to lose balance and allows Foster's closing speed and technique to take over. Reads the quarterback in coverage. Can diagnose plays as they're happening and reacts rather than wait. Gives a powerful punch and fights every snap. Very good at reading passes in the backfield, as he blows up a ton of passes to the running back. Faster than you'd think with someone his size.

Cons: Sometimes too aggressive. Can over pursue and get off balanced. Is susceptible to getting fooled by the quarterback's eyes in coverage. Often doesn't follow receivers but stays with the eyes, which can be a downfall. Needs to do a better form of tackling, as he could receive some penalties (stupid, I know). Wasn't used as much as a blitzer, but had some success in doing so. Will certainly need to improve on pass rushing moves rather than just trying to win going full speed ahead.

Overall: Foster has every chance to be an elite player at the next level. He creates big hits, is fast, and can disrupt offenses. He is by no means the perfect prospect, but he's arguably the best linebacker in this draft. Foster showed potential earlier in his career and has gotten better. The stage isn't too big for him. He's more than just a thumper linebacker, he's a player that can change a game.

I like Foster a lot, i just don't know if he is good enough in pass coverage.

That is why i give the edge to Cunningham for us right now. I want a pass rusher more than anything in the 1st but
if we were going with a LB i would definately be happy with either of these guys. I just think Marv is gunshy about
taking LB'ers early since Keith Rivers.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 07:17 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Every year I always do an in depth scouting report on the players we draft. Sure, I do scouting reports on players beforehand, but I never really post them.

So this year I'm going to post scouting reports in this thread. They won't be as in depth as they normally are at the end of the draft. But will be nice snippets and hopefully you guys like them.

Also, if there are certain players you would like a scouting report on or have any thoughts on any players, feel free to let me know. I don't know everything and don't watch every player. I'd like to think I know quite a bit, but I'm no professional.

So, here's to the 2017 NFL Draft.

Players Scouted
Derek Barnett, DE. Tennessee
Jonathan Allen, DE/DT. Alabama
Malik Hooker, S. Ohio State University
Mike Williams, WR. Clemson
Zach Cunningham, LB. Vanderbilt

Corey Davis plzzzz.also leonard fournette and dalvin cook.i think we go offense at 9 so we need more of that 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 04:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Foster a lot, i just don't know if he is good enough in pass coverage.

That is why i give the edge to Cunningham for us right now. I want a pass rusher more than anything in the 1st but
if we were going with a LB i would definately be happy with either of these guys. I just think Marv is gunshy about
taking LB'ers early since Keith Rivers.

The issue with Foster is that he can read the quarterback's eyes, but he can't feel for where the receiver is or is going. He can move with them, but he's not really great at pass coverage unless it's zone coverage and even then it's iffy.

Also, he hasn't done a ton of pass rushes. So that will definitely need work.

(01-15-2017, 01:21 AM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Corey Davis plzzzz.also leonard fournette and dalvin cook.i think we go offense at 9 so we need more of that 

Working on Corey Davis along with John Ross. I will be posting about the RBs soon. But first I have a few secondary players to write about too.

But I'll be posting the secondary players tomorrow.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2017, 07:17 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Every year I always do an in depth scouting report on the players we draft. Sure, I do scouting reports on players beforehand, but I never really post them.

So this year I'm going to post scouting reports in this thread. They won't be as in depth as they normally are at the end of the draft. But will be nice snippets and hopefully you guys like them.

Also, if there are certain players you would like a scouting report on or have any thoughts on any players, feel free to let me know. I don't know everything and don't watch every player. I'd like to think I know quite a bit, but I'm no professional.

So, here's to the 2017 NFL Draft.

Players Scouted
Derek Barnett, DE. Tennessee
Jonathan Allen, DE/DT. Alabama
Malik Hooker, S. Ohio State University
Mike Williams, WR. Clemson
Zach Cunningham, LB. Vanderbilt
Mixon? 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 04:38 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Mixon? 
I want corey davis so jpoore and au165 can see what i see maybe..jpoore is gonna have a corey davis jersey soon,or a fournette or cook
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 04:58 AM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I want corey davis so jpoore and au165 can see what i see maybe..jpoore is gonna have a corey davis jersey soon,or a fournette or cook

Haha definitely not fournette with those glass ankles. But yeah am coming around on Davis for sure.  Got him in my top 15 now 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 04:21 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The issue with Foster is that he can read the quarterback's eyes, but he can't feel for where the receiver is or is going. He can move with them, but he's not really great at pass coverage unless it's zone coverage and even then it's iffy.

Also, he hasn't done a ton of pass rushes. So that will definitely need work.

Working on Corey Davis along with John Ross. I will be posting about the RBs soon. But first I have a few secondary players to write about too.

But I'll be posting the secondary players tomorrow.

That isn't good for a team that had their Linebackers out of position a ton last year.

This just confirms why i like Cunningham better than Foster for us.

Still want a RDE at 9 most.
Reply/Quote
Hey, Wolf. Really like your reports here. I was wondering if you've got one in the works for Cam RObinson or perhaps Jack McGlinchey. Is Robinson really a guy is NFL ready on the right side? How does his potential as a future LT look?

I suppose I'd just like to know if he's a truly elite OT prospect or a guy that's being propped up by the fact that this is a relatively weak draft for OTs, particularly at the top. I think it's our biggest need, but I don't want to reach for a guy that's not a high-percentage difference maker at the cost of passing on better players at other spots.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 04:23 PM)samhain Wrote: Hey, Wolf.  Really like your reports here.  I was wondering if you've got one in the works for Cam RObinson or perhaps Jack McGlinchey.  Is Robinson really a guy is NFL ready on the right side?  How does his potential as a future LT look?  

I suppose I'd just like to know if he's a truly elite OT prospect or a guy that's being propped up by the fact that this is a relatively weak draft for OTs, particularly at the top.  I think it's our biggest need, but I don't want to reach for a guy that's not a high-percentage difference maker at the cost of passing on better players at other spots.

I dont know about Jack. But Mike McGlinchey said he would be playing for Notre Dame in 2017.
Reply/Quote
Nice job, Wolf.

Cunningham reminds me a bit of Ogletree out of Georgia a few years ago. Great athlete that could use some time fine-tuning his craft, but really a good prospect.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 07:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I dont know about Jack. But Mike McGlinchey said he would be playing for Notre Dame in 2017.

Yeah, don't know why I always call him that.  I've heard mixed reports on what he's doing.  Most articles saying that he's staying put are from as far back as October.  A lot can change in that amount of time.  If he does stay, it puts even more of a premium on Robinson.
Reply/Quote
Awesome job man. If you find time would you care to look into these players. Thanks man.

1. Charles Harris DE Missouri
2. Obi Melifonwu SS UConn
3. Jeremy McNichols RB Boise St. Or D'Onta Foreman RB Texas
4. Adan Shaheen TE Ashland- If you can even find anything on this kid that would be great.
Thanks.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 04:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That isn't good for a team that had their Linebackers out of position a ton last year.

This just confirms why i like Cunningham better than Foster for us.

Still want a RDE at 9 most.
How blown would your mind be if they decided to draft the same position back to back with 1 and 2 like they did with the OT's, LB at that. I wouldnt mind it if they pan out we could have a LB core that would be feared for once.
Reply/Quote