Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wolf's Scouting Reports
(01-19-2017, 02:48 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Yea I dont expect them to take a LB till the 3rd. Mikey seems gun shy since Rivers. I would be fine with a pass rusher at #9 actually I hope they do take a DE in the first but with Kirk a FA and Adam Jones back to Pac Man, they might see CB as a urgent position (they love them some CB's in the first) and i will lose my mind if they do that. Also for some reason we the fans seem to be the only ones who think we need a C, shocked right I know, so I dont see them taking a C in the 2nd. They may be due since the highest C Marvin has drafted was a 4th. I would like DE, LB, C, RB/TE, FS in that order but, of course it all depends who's there from the get go. Not a big Allen fan but I would like Barnett in the first, im warming up to S. Thomas though, I think he is the guy we take if they decide pass rusher. Toth can be had in the later rounds, maybe even Orlovsky.

I agree about LB and Rivers making MB and Marv gun shy. Doubt we take one in the first so i am with you.

As long as we bring in one of those top Centers we will improve our team. It is shocking cause it is the easiest pick to make.
The problem is the stubborness with Paul Alexander who will never admit he is wrong. He should be gone for this very reason.
Let alone the fact he doesn't coach up lineman in-season and threw our season in the toilet last year.

CB shouldn't be attended to unless all the top pass rusher are gone, Dalvin Cook is gone, both Cunningham and Foster are
gone and so is Cam Robinson. Doubt all this happens. We still have Dennard, Shaw, WJ3, Garrett (a 3rd rounder) and Dre
will probably be at the very least tagged. Him or Zeitler will be tagged i am sure.

I like Allen better than Barnett personally for strength reasons, same with Solomon Thomas. Early on i was for Barnett tho.
Reply/Quote
Good work so far Wolf. If you have a chance, would like to see a write up on Tanoh Kpassagnon 6'6 285 DE Villanova
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey Wolf, love reading your reports. I know that you must be super bogged down right now, but I'd like to ask your opinion on a player that I see as a tremendous value pick. Michael Roberts, TE Toledo. I'm not asking for a complete scouting report, just your quick opinion.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2017, 12:03 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Good work so far Wolf.  If you have a chance, would like to see a write up on Tanoh Kpassagnon 6'6 285 DE Villanova

Looks to be the right size lol. Probably will draft him.

Don't know if i will ever be able to spell that name right.  Shocked
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 03:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looks to be the right size lol. Probably will draft him.

Cam robinson is a poor mans andre smith i will pass
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 03:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looks to be the right size lol. Probably will draft him.

Alphabet
Reply/Quote
Corey Davis is one of my favorite players in this draft. And you said he don't jump for balls, or go after it. Lol funny that's like aj green. Green did his first year, but quit doing it, now he let's the ball come to him. Davis has got the speed to break short throws to long, plus go deep. Mike Williams doesn't have the same speed but he goes for jump balls, so I prefer Davis, we need the speed and route running ability.

Other guys who I'd go for 1St round. Mike Williams, dalvin cook,cam robinson,Solomon Thomas, foster,or a safety in that order. But Davis is my #1.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 08:47 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Corey Davis is one of my favorite players in this draft.  And you said he don't jump for balls, or go after it. Lol funny that's like aj green. Green did his first year, but quit doing it, now he let's the ball come to him. Davis has got the speed to break short throws to long, plus go deep. Mike Williams doesn't have the same speed but he goes for jump balls, so I prefer Davis, we need the speed and route running ability.

Other guys who I'd go for 1St round. Mike Williams, dalvin cook,cam robinson,Solomon Thomas, foster,or a safety in that order. But Davis is my #1.
Not sure what Davis runs but aj green run a 4.5 Williams runs a 4.47. I'd be fine with either as they're far and away the best 2 but give me williams by a hair over green just bc I see Williams as greens heir apparent while I don't see Davis as a elite number 1.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 09:41 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Not sure what Davis runs but aj green run a 4.5 Williams runs a 4.47. I'd be fine with either as they're far and away the best 2 but give me williams by a hair over green just bc I see Williams as greens heir apparent while I don't see Davis as a elite number 1.

Making up numbers again, I see. 

I'll take the proven multi All Pro, Pro Bowl WR in his prime over the unproven draft prospect with the history of a broken neck everyday and twice on Sunday. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 10:12 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Making up numbers again, I see. 

I'll take the proven multi All Pro, Pro Bowl WR in his prime over the unproven draft prospect with the history of a broken neck everyday and twice on Sunday. 

Aj green ran a 4.5 Williams runs a 4.47. Not made up numbers. And obviously ur gonna take the pro bowl receiver any day of the week(still blows my mind he hasn't been an 1st team all pro) over Williams. But we do need to have a legit number 2 and Williams can be our next number 1. Aj will be 34 by the time Williams needs resigned. Move aj to the slot till he retires at that point. But we can have 4-5 years of elite wr play from the 1 and 2. He has produced both of his college years. Especially against elite corners. But obviously at this point in time I would take aj 100 times out of 100 but Williams is a guy who can come in day 1 and be a 1,000 yard receiver. Then eventually take over the 1
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 10:42 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Aj green ran a 4.5 Williams runs a 4.47. Not made up numbers. And obviously ur gonna take the pro bowl receiver any day of the week(still blows my mind he hasn't been an 1st team all pro) over Williams. But we do need to have a legit number 2 and Williams can be our next number 1. Aj will be 34 by the time Williams needs resigned. Move aj to the slot till he retires at that point. But we can have 4-5 years of elite wr play from the 1 and 2. He has produced both of his college years. Especially against elite corners. But obviously at this point in time I would take aj 100 times out of 100 but Williams is a guy who can come in day 1 and be a 1,000 yard receiver. Then eventually take over the 1

I challenge you to show me a source showing Williams was legitimately timed at 4.47. That's a projection and we both know it. 

Who does Atlanta have opposite Julio? What about the Pats and Edelman? The Steelers and Brown?  The Bengals don't need two #1 WRs if Dalton doesn't have time to throw. The Bengals missed their window of opportunity to draft a WR high back when the O-line was playing at a high level. And don't give me the weapons talk. Green, Williams, Eifert, Gio, Boyd, Core, Hill, Kroft . . . Man, defenses can't cover all those weapons!!! Do you know how many years I've read that crap?
Reply/Quote
Going off the eye test it looked liked Davis was faster then Williams, plus if Williams doesn't get separation, he always gets jump balls. I do agree we need a #2.idk about other teams but when we only have a deep threat of aj green, and dalton only really trusts green and eifert. We need that third guy, especially if both green and eifert has showed to miss games. To me our offense isn't good enough. No where near 2015. I believe our offense only needs 1-2 lineman,especially center, but they will refuse to replace center. A few of our 2016 games is engraved in our fans heads that Andy has no time at all, this isn't so true. It wasn't THAT horrible when ced got replaced.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 11:16 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I challenge you to show me a source showing Williams was legitimately timed at 4.47. That's a projection and we both know it. 

Who does Atlanta have opposite Julio? What about the Pats and Edelman? The Steelers and Brown?  The Bengals don't need two #1 WRs if Dalton doesn't have time to throw. The Bengals missed their window of opportunity to draft a WR high back when the O-line was playing at a high level. And don't give me the weapons talk. Green, Williams, Eifert, Gio, Boyd, Core, Hill, Kroft . . . Man, defenses can't cover all those weapons!!! Do you know how many years I've read that crap?

I will find the source there was one with an actual time give me a minute. And yeah a lot of websites is a projection but people are acting like he's laquan tread well slow and he's not he has above average speed. Here's food for thought what did dalton do when he didn't have time to throw this year? He threw it up to aj bc he knew more often than not aj would catch it. To have 2 of those weapons? Wayne/Harrison? Decker marshal 2015?Come on now.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 12:54 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I will find the source there was one with an actual time give me a minute. And yeah a lot of websites is a projection but people are acting like he's laquan tread well slow and he's not he has above average speed. Here's food for thought what did dalton do when he didn't have time to throw this year? He threw it up to aj bc he knew more often than not aj would catch it. To have 2 of those weapons? Wayne/Harrison? Decker marshal 2015?Come on now.

No one is acting like Williams is Treadwell.  That's you making up more shit.  Dalton scrambled around like a chicken with his head cut off when he didn't have time to throw.

Wayne and Harrison had a future HOF QB.  Decker was a 3rd round pick who looked good with that same future HOF QB, but isn't a #1 WR which the Jets found out first hand so they signed former 4th round pick Brandon Marshall who also looked good with the same future HOF QB.  What have the Jets done the past two years with Decker and Marshall?  Failed to make the playoffs both years.  LMFAO

Come on now.  I appreciate you doing all the heavy lifting to prove my point.  Thanks.
Reply/Quote
Taco Charlton, DE. Michigan

Pros: Showed improvement every year, including better technique with his pass rush moves. Blew up his senior year. Great arm length to keep offensive lineman at bay. Quick and explosive, works the edge extremely well. Delivers a strong first punch. While he's great around the edge, he knows how to switch his game around to better attack. One of the best spin moves in this draft. Uses speed of the edge. A willing defender and is always trying to make a play. His size is something defensive line coaches covet. Once he gets free, he goes and makes a play rather than wait and react. Possesses a nonstop motor. Seems to be just scratching the surface of his potential.

Cons: While he has gotten better each year, it wasn't until his senior season he truly became good. Is slow off the line sometimes, will need to improve timing. For someone with long arms, he doesn't use them as often as he should. Needs better hand technique. Can struggle against the run. Over pursues runs and can be caught out of position. Needs to do a better job keeping the edge on run plays.

Overall: Charlton is a raw prospect, but he has so much potential in him. He's great off the edge and is an explosive pass rusher. There will be question marks due to him being a senior standout, as his prior years he didn't produce as much. The Bengals will fall in love with his measureables and there's a very good chance his stock will rise during the combine. He will have to continue to improve in technique and the speed of the NFL, but Charlton has a very high ceiling. He's shown he can make big, flashy plays. He just needs to be more consistent.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Cam Robinson, OT. Alabama

Pros: Proficient in the run game. Shows a great initial punch and upper body strength to attack lineman. Keeps a wide frame and uses inside hands to control the defender. Deadly when he gets leverage on a pass rusher. Shows the ability to run block at the second level, gives a strong punch with his upper body with whoever he comes in contact with. Sustains blocks, has a very good grip and doesn't hold up. Went up against very good competition, showed well against Myles Garrett. Fires off the ball with great force. Has a very good frame for an offensive tackle.

Cons: Technique is a problem with him outside of his hands. Sometimes lunges at opponents which gives them leverage. Also struggles with footwork. Can also be unbalanced in the passing attack. Struggles with a change of direction. If a defender isn't gripped by him, they can get him unbalanced and move around him. Sometimes gets out of position. Has off the field issues that may cause teams to pass on him.

Overall: Quite possibly one of the best at run blocking. However, he lacks technique in numerous areas in the passing attack. Powerful, but also at a cost. He has solid pass protection, but that may not go over well in the NFL and I don't think he's left tackle material. He's a force to reckon with in the run game and has little flaws in that aspect. Robinson will have to do better with the lower half of him. He's benefitting from a weak offensive tackle class. If he were even in last year's class, he's probably a 2nd rounder. If there's a run first team, he's a great tackle. But if you have a pocket that relies on holding blocks for a decent amount of time, he will give up pressure. He has potential, won't lie. But his pass protection is not worth a top 10 pick.

Reply/Quote
Raekwon McMillan, LB. Ohio State University

Pros: Very good instincts and plays physical every down. Good overall strength. Shows great awareness to the ball and can tell where the play is going. Attacks holes and blockers rather than waiting for them to get to him. Again, read and reaction skills are his best traits. Brings power and is a finisher when it comes to tackling. A hard hitting north and south player. Has the prototypical build you want in a linebacker, and he can continue to get stronger. Has had a very productive career and showed great coverage skills when it comes to zone coverage. Always around the ball.

Cons: Not a sideline to sideline player. Doesn't possess the greatest athleticism. If a blocker punches him first, he can be taken out of a play completely. Space is not his friend, struggles. While he is fast when it comes to north and south, he has stiff hips and struggles to go full speed when in coverage. Doesn't do a great go disengaging from defenders. Gets beaten by play fakes more than you'd like from a linebacker. Doesn't have many big splash plays.

Overall: Personally, I'm a little disappointed in the tape I've watched, as I expect much more out of him. However, he is still an instinctive linebacker who can either get stronger and be a downhill runner, or shed some pounds and possibly get better in the sideline to sideline portion of his game. He's a better fit as a SAM linebacker in a 4-3 defense and can attack in the run game. But he's not going to do that well against covering tight ends and running backs. However, he seems coachable and has potential, as he's always around the ball. But there's some bad tape on the guy.

Reply/Quote
John Ross, WR. Washington

Pros: Instant acceleration and great speed down the field. It's effortless for him to kick it into another gear. Explodes off the line and creates separation. He tracks down the ball very well. Shows great footwork and a good route runner. Doesn't lose a gear going in and out of breaks, he can accelerate quickly. He is a threat to score any time he catches the ball. Deadly returner, he makes huge plays consistently. Sudden in his breaks. One of the best double moves I've seen from a receiver this draft class. Many times on vertical routes he had to slow down, track, and catch the ball.

Cons: Lacks height and strength. Didn't go up against press coverage that much. Struggles against very physical cornerbacks. Many of his catches were in space, so not a lot of instances where he had to make a contested catch. Has some double catches and focus drops. Needs to do better with hand technique against cornerbacks rather than make one move and work from there. Doesn't seem like he has great arm length either, and probably won't build himself up more in the NFL.

Overall: John Ross is a DeSean Jackson clone. He's a much better route runner than you'd expect and while he doesn't have the size you see from most elite receivers, he has deadly speed and has made clutch plays in his collegiate career. Ross knows how to get separation and his acceleration is so effortless, it's crazy. He could be a #1 or #2 receiver at the next level. He's not going to make spectacular one handed catches or win jump balls consistently, but he's the guy that is going to outrun your defenders and create separation anywhere on the field. The Bengals need a speed receiver, and Ross will give us something we have needed for years.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 03:43 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Raekwon McMillan, LB. Ohio State University

Pros: Very good instincts and plays physical every down. Good overall strength. Shows great awareness to the ball and can tell where the play is going. Attacks holes and blockers rather than waiting for them to get to him. Again, read and reaction skills are his best traits. Brings power and is a finisher when it comes to tackling. A hard hitting north and south player. Has the prototypical build you want in a linebacker, and he can continue to get stronger. Has had a very productive career and showed great coverage skills when it comes to zone coverage. Always around the ball.

Cons: Not a sideline to sideline player. Doesn't possess the greatest athleticism. If a blocker punches him first, he can be taken out of a play completely. Space is not his friend, struggles. While he is fast when it comes to north and south, he has stiff hips and struggles to go full speed when in coverage. Doesn't do a great go disengaging from defenders. Gets beaten by play fakes more than you'd like from a linebacker. Doesn't have many big splash plays.

Overall: Personally, I'm a little disappointed in the tape I've watched, as I expect much more out of him. However, he is still an instinctive linebacker who can either get stronger and be a downhill runner, or shed some pounds and possibly get better in the sideline to sideline portion of his game. He's a better fit as a SAM linebacker in a 4-3 defense and can attack in the run game. But he's not going to do that well against covering tight ends and running backs. However, he seems coachable and has potential, as he's always around the ball. But there's some bad tape on the guy.

As a Buckeye fan, I would agree 100% with your report on McMillan.  All year long, I've thought he was a bit over-hyped, and it led me to wonder what all the fuss was about.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 04:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As a Buckeye fan, I would agree 100% with your report on McMillan.  All year long, I've thought he was a bit over-hyped, and it led me to wonder what all the fuss was about.

he was a lot better imo with good lbs next to him ala 2015. He had 119 tackles in 2015 and was looking to build on that. Thats why he was so hyped. Personally u think he would do great for us in the Mike alongside burfict and vigil.
Reply/Quote