Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wolf's Scouting Reports
(01-29-2017, 05:42 AM)Jpoore Wrote: he was a lot better imo with good lbs next to him ala 2015. He had 119 tackles in 2015 and was looking to build on that. Thats why he was so hyped. Personally u think he would do great for us in the Mike alongside burfict and vigil.

Shouldn't have to rely on top talent around him for him to be good...
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 07:36 AM)pulses Wrote: Shouldn't have to rely on top talent around him for him to be good...

No but he was asked to cover tight ends and rbs that a Mike generally doesn't cover. He was playing  wlb and slb as well. Before that role was to Darrin Lee and McMillan patrolled the middle of the field, but this year they were having him cover out routes that he hadn't covered before. 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 05:42 AM)Jpoore Wrote: he was a lot better imo with good lbs next to him ala 2015. He had 119 tackles in 2015 and was looking to build on that. Thats why he was so hyped. Personally u think he would do great for us in the Mike alongside burfict and vigil.

Honestly, I think that he looked good in 2015 because OSU had a great DL.  This year, that DL was very young, and lost their most experienced DT for the year, in the 1st game of the season.  Many teams has success running up the middle on OSU this season, as they quickly discovered that McMillan was easily neutralized if an OL could get to him.  McMillan is good, just not a top pick, and I don't see him being a day one starter in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 10:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Honestly, I think that he looked good in 2015 because OSU had a great DL.  This year, that DL was very young, and lost their most experienced DT for the year, in the 1st game of the season.  Many teams has success running up the middle on OSU this season, as they quickly discovered that McMillan was easily neutralized if an OL could get to him.  McMillan is good, just not a top pick, and I don't see him being a day one starter in the NFL.

this! and we dont need any more projects with higher picks.
Reply/Quote

He's had a very productive career. He did well in 2016 with numbers as well. But he's a tackling machine who doesn't make many big plays.

Also, I like to watch tape from every year I can on players, unless they played like 1 or 2 games. I mostly watched his 2016 tape, but I've seen him in 2015 and 2014.

I remember during the 2015 games I watched, he was making more tackles at the line of scrimmage rather than behind it or blowing up plays. He can read plays, but I don't see him as a MIKE or WLB. I see him more as a SAM in a 4-3 defense. But in all honesty, the best case scenario I see for him is Landon Johnson. Someone who will make tackles and clean up plays, but don't expect to see him take over games.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I think McMillan is at his best stopping the RB at the line of scrimmage. His weakness is speedy RBs in space. He makes those, "Ooooooh!" hits. Problem is sometimes he just isn't able to get there to make the hit and the RB gets around him just outside his grasp. He isn't Luke Keuchly, but he would be an upgrade over Maualuga.

He also reminds me of Burfict a little. Burfict doesn't have great measureables, but he is in the right place to make plays. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 10:27 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think McMillan is at his best stopping the RB at the line of scrimmage. His weakness is speedy RBs in space. He makes those, "Ooooooh!" hits. Problem is sometimes he just isn't able to get there to make the hit and the RB gets around him just outside his grasp. He isn't Luke Keuchly, but he would be an upgrade over Maualuga.

He also reminds me of Burfict a little. Burfict doesn't have great measureables, but he is in the right place to make plays. 

He is. If he attacks the line, he actually does well. Him against the run is his best suit.

However, he isn't good in coverage. Struggles sideline to sideline. And if the offensive lineman attacks him first, he can be nullified.

I have a 3rd round grade on him. He won't add anything to our team except a younger Landon Johnson. Someone who makes tackles.

Give me Foster, Davis, or Cunningham and they actually make an impact on this defense rather than someone who cleans up plays in the running game.

Plus, I honestly don't see anything McMillan brings that we don't already have in Dawson (going off of college tape of course).

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 02:48 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Yea I dont expect them to take a LB till the 3rd. Mikey seems gun shy since Rivers. I would be fine with a pass rusher at #9 actually I hope they do take a DE in the first but with Kirk a FA and Adam Jones back to Pac Man, they might see CB as a urgent position (they love them some CB's in the first) and i will lose my mind if they do that. Also for some reason we the fans seem to be the only ones who think we need a C, shocked right I know, so I dont see them taking a C in the 2nd. They may be due since the highest C Marvin has drafted was a 4th. I would like DE, LB, C, RB/TE, FS in that order but, of course it all depends who's there from the get go. Not a big Allen fan but I would like Barnett in the first, im warming up to S. Thomas though, I think he is the guy we take if they decide pass rusher. Toth can be had in the later rounds, maybe even Orlovsky.

The good thing is that we'll all see it coming. I agree, if Pacman gets suspended/cut and DreK doesn't re-sign, it's not a matter of IF but which CB we draft. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2017, 05:08 AM)Shady Wrote: The good thing is that we'll all see it coming. I agree, if Pacman gets suspended/cut and DreK doesn't re-sign, it's not a matter of IF but which CB we draft. 

well we would have to dennard is a bust and we would have no proven corners besides Shaw who is a slot corner at best. 
Reply/Quote
Would love to see pat elflien scouting report
Reply/Quote

why take the chance when you can just move vigil inside and draft hasson reddick in the same round.  There are a lot of good linebackers and guys who can be converted.  He's at best an average LB

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2017, 11:42 AM)Okeana Wrote: why take the chance when you can just move vigil inside and draft hasson reddick in the same round.  There are a lot of good linebackers and guys who can be converted.  He's at best an average LB

Reddick has some minor injuries and an off field incident, but he's a great blitzer, great against the run, and is athletic enough to develop into a good cover LB.  I'm honestly surprised he doesn't get more love on these boards.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 07:14 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Takkarist McKinley, DE/OLB. UCLA

Pros: Speed, and his speed kills offensive lineman. Shows a lot of athleticism and fights throughout the play. Amazing closing speed. Explosive off the line and a quick burst of speed. Has good balance and can bend and dip. Arms have the ability to keep defenders away from disengaging from him. I actually want to see how long his arms are because they seem longer than what the should be for someone his size. Active hands. Can read and diagnose plays as they develop. Has shown pass rushing moves, most notable the swim move. Has a knack for getting hands on the football, whether it's from the quarterback's hands or batting them down. Has a ton of upside as he's gotten better as time goes on.

Cons: Doesn't exactly have the body for a 4-3 defensive end and may be better suited as a pass rushing 3-4 outside linebacker. Has a slim build for lower part of his body. Will want to add more weight to transition into NFL. Must work on strength and pad level, as he can be taken out of plays, but his speed makes up for it by playing until the whistle. Sometimes has arm tackles, which isn't something you want from a defensive end. Struggles as a run defender. Raw player with upside, but still raw.

Overall: It's difficult to see the Bengals drafting him due to his size and build as a defensive end. However, he is a pure pass rusher who will only get better as time goes on. He has a great motor and doesn't take plays off. If he's invited to the combine, he's going to blow up and many of us are going to be talking about his speed. His strength is what needs the most work, but he has shown pass rushing techniques rather than just relying on pure speed. There's a lot to like about this kid. Whether he's a 4-3 defensive end remains to be seen, but he has a lot of potential.

Overall, I am not in favor of trading down.  But...if there is one guy that makes sense to me, it is this guy.  If we can get McKinley, then maybe get a CB with the extra pick in the third, which is a nice deep class by the way, I'd consider that plan.  
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2017, 01:23 PM)Whatever Wrote: Reddick has some minor injuries and an off field incident, but he's a great blitzer, great against the run, and is athletic enough to develop into a good cover LB.  I'm honestly surprised he doesn't get more love on these boards.

Well he did really well at the Senior Bowl, and Rang has him listed at the bottom of the first round.
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon, RB. Oklahoma

Pros: Quick vision and ability to attack the hole when it's there. Reacts quickly. Good balance and doesn't trip up easily, even when making contact. Able to change direction and ability to make quick cuts. Causes explosive plays. His quick burst can be a game changer, as he can patiently wait for a hole and hit it at 100% and outrun players pursuing him. Has done well as a receiver and actually has decent feet for a running back running routes. Shows just how smart he is by being able to move defenders into blocks by moving behind the line and then attacks the hole he created. He is dangerous in space and can make people miss with ease.

Cons: Obviously the off the field issue. He also tends to play high, exposing his body that could result in bigger hits and more fumbles in the NFL. Sometimes he is too patient behind the line of scrimmage and lets opportunities get away from him. Has trouble finishing runs, if he gets stood up and has to power through, he doesn't always win those battles. He also struggles to move piles forward. Will have to improve his lower body strength.

Overall: There's a lot to like about his tape. He's quick, smart, dangerous, and has the ability to score any chance he gets. Mixon has that huge red flag with the video and such. Plus he does play really high, but he reminds me a lot of Le'Veon Bell in college. They both were patient and both played high, which a lot of people thought would hurt Bell and no one saw this coming from him. Mixon has all the talent to be a premiere back. But what he did on camera is why so many teams may have him off their board, and it's hard to blame him. With stories like Tyreek Hill though, there's still a chance that he could get drafted. Only time will tell. His tape is really good, but that video is really ugly.

Reply/Quote
Looks like Mixon is left of only private workouts. No combine invite is what I am reading.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 03:54 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Looks like Mixon is left of only private workouts.  No combine invite is what I am reading.

Its kinda bullshit.  let the kid compete if he wasn't convicted then you can't punish him.  I understand if teams want to take a pass on him, but not letting him compete when he's obviously one of the best backs in the draft is kinda bs.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 03:59 PM)Okeana Wrote: Its kinda bullshit.  let the kid compete if he wasn't convicted then you can't punish him.  I understand if teams want to take a pass on him, but not letting him compete when he's obviously one of the best backs in the draft is kinda bs.

Ray Rice wasn't convicted either.

Both were on camera.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 10:48 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Ray Rice wasn't convicted either.

Both were on camera.

True but if that video came out when rice was in his prime, imo he would be in the NFL right now.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2017, 03:48 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Joe Mixon, RB. Oklahoma

Pros: Quick vision and ability to attack the hole when it's there. Reacts quickly. Good balance and doesn't trip up easily, even when making contact. Able to change direction and ability to make quick cuts. Causes explosive plays. His quick burst can be a game changer, as he can patiently wait for a hole and hit it at 100% and outrun players pursuing him. Has done well as a receiver and actually has decent feet for a running back running routes. Shows just how smart he is by being able to move defenders into blocks by moving behind the line and then attacks the hole he created. He is dangerous in space and can make people miss with ease.

Cons: Obviously the off the field issue. He also tends to play high, exposing his body that could result in bigger hits and more fumbles in the NFL. Sometimes he is too patient behind the line of scrimmage and lets opportunities get away from him. Has trouble finishing runs, if he gets stood up and has to power through, he doesn't always win those battles. He also struggles to move piles forward. Will have to improve his lower body strength.

Overall: There's a lot to like about his tape. He's quick, smart, dangerous, and has the ability to score any chance he gets. Mixon has that huge red flag with the video and such. Plus he does play really high, but he reminds me a lot of Le'Veon Bell in college. They both were patient and both played high, which a lot of people thought would hurt Bell and no one saw this coming from him. Mixon has all the talent to be a premiere back. But what he did on camera is why so many teams may have him off their board, and it's hard to blame him. With stories like Tyreek Hill though, there's still a chance that he could get drafted. Only time will tell. His tape is really good, but that video is really ugly.
couldn't agree more, if we draft him I would wait until the 4th due to the off field issues  but he is my favorite rb in the draft. Feel we could have what the falcons rbs are with mixon and gio. 
Reply/Quote