Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wolf's Scouting Reports
(01-16-2017, 10:48 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How blown would your mind be if they decided to draft the same position back to back with 1 and 2 like they did with the OT's, LB at that. I wouldnt mind it if they pan out we could have a LB core that would be feared for once.
Rueben Foster and Zach Cunningham ....i guess i would be ok with this.i really want them to get a skill position in rd 1 though
Reply/Quote
I would love to hear your take on DeMarcus Walker.

Why is he not considered an elite prospect? He has one of the best swim moves I've seen from the prospects this year and seems to have a lot of power and speed.

I've read reports that say he's not the best against the run but, considering his ability to rush the passer, I am very surprised that he's being considered only a late 1st early 2nd round prospect right now.

Is there something that I'm missing about him?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 11:11 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I would love to hear your take on DeMarcus Walker.

Why is he not considered an elite prospect? He has one of the best swim moves I've seen from the prospects this year and seems to have a lot of power and speed.

I've read reports that say he's not the best against the run but, considering his ability to rush the passer, I am very surprised that he's being considered only a late 1st early 2nd round prospect right now.

He is undersized (266 ibs) 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 12:48 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: He is undersized (266 ibs) 

That is the question though, FSU has him weighing 280. You can't trust the college weights and heights so his money may be made at the official combine weight in. If he is 275 or more he will go in the 1st round.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 01:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: That is the question though, FSU has him weighing 280. You can't trust the college weights and heights so his money may be made at the official combine weight in. If he is 275 or more he will go in the 1st round.

I agree,he bulks up he goes 1st rd.The all senior mock has him going to us at 9.i think that would be a reach
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 01:08 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I agree,he bulks up he goes 1st rd.The all senior mock has him going to us at 9.i think that would be a reach

Yea, that would be a huge reach as the prospect ratings are now.

Of course, there are always those late risers from the combine (Jason Smith being the most obvious example, going from 2nd rounder to #2 overall because of his measurables in 2009)

I'm not saying I want Walker at #9, it's just interesting that he is rated as a 2nd rounder. If he comes in at 280 at the combine, I think he'll be one of those fast risers.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 01:08 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I agree,he bulks up he goes 1st rd.The all senior mock has him going to us at 9.i think that would be a reach

In a senior only draft I wouldn't think it's a reach. As far as senior pass rushers go he has got to be 1 or 2.
Reply/Quote
Takkarist McKinley, DE/OLB. UCLA

Pros: Speed, and his speed kills offensive lineman. Shows a lot of athleticism and fights throughout the play. Amazing closing speed. Explosive off the line and a quick burst of speed. Has good balance and can bend and dip. Arms have the ability to keep defenders away from disengaging from him. I actually want to see how long his arms are because they seem longer than what the should be for someone his size. Active hands. Can read and diagnose plays as they develop. Has shown pass rushing moves, most notable the swim move. Has a knack for getting hands on the football, whether it's from the quarterback's hands or batting them down. Has a ton of upside as he's gotten better as time goes on.

Cons: Doesn't exactly have the body for a 4-3 defensive end and may be better suited as a pass rushing 3-4 outside linebacker. Has a slim build for lower part of his body. Will want to add more weight to transition into NFL. Must work on strength and pad level, as he can be taken out of plays, but his speed makes up for it by playing until the whistle. Sometimes has arm tackles, which isn't something you want from a defensive end. Struggles as a run defender. Raw player with upside, but still raw.

Overall: It's difficult to see the Bengals drafting him due to his size and build as a defensive end. However, he is a pure pass rusher who will only get better as time goes on. He has a great motor and doesn't take plays off. If he's invited to the combine, he's going to blow up and many of us are going to be talking about his speed. His strength is what needs the most work, but he has shown pass rushing techniques rather than just relying on pure speed. There's a lot to like about this kid. Whether he's a 4-3 defensive end remains to be seen, but he has a lot of potential.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 11:11 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I would love to hear your take on DeMarcus Walker.

I actually just finished my stuff with him. Will be writing down my report later tonight

Reply/Quote
Demarcus Walker, DE. Florida State University

Pros: Strength is balanced, has upper and lower body strength. Uses hands to work off of blockers and get around them. Has shown the ability to stop quickly and make a move on the ball carrier while engaged in blocks. Versatile, has played in different positions on the defensive line. Gives a strong punch with arms and then is able to move them quickly and make a pass rushing move. Great technique with footwork. His inside moves are some of the best from this draft, once he beats you inside he's almost unstoppable. Shows the ability to stay disengaged and make a play on the quarterback.

Cons: Sometimes gets fatigued and doesn't give full effort. However, he does appear to be on the field more than any other defensive player for his team. If an offensive lineman gets a firm grip on Walker, he usually loses the battle. Doesn't have a good bend in the hips as natural pass rushers do. Question marks about where he should line up on the field, unsure if he's a better defensive end, defensive tackle, or situational pass rusher. Sometimes has sloppy plays due to fatigue. Needs to play better against the run.

Overall: Walker is a fine prospect who would work well on the Bengals. Can move inside and out, and has shown he can play anywhere on a defensive front. He's strong and shows a lot of mental toughness. Great arm and hand technique, along with a motor that keeps him going. Will need to be coached up in stopping the run and hopefully better conditioning, but he has a chance to be a very good player in the NFL. He may not be someone who takes over games, but will add a moveable dynamic to the line that we need.

Reply/Quote
Corey Davis, Wide Receiver. Western Michigan

Pros: Terrific burst and acceleration. Smooth route runner and great hands, very reliable. Great vision with the ball and can see opportunities to get more yards. Can make people miss and takes advantage of his quick acceleration. Tends to fight for the ball and attacks it rather than waits for it to come to him. Is strong enough with hands to get separation, even against physical receivers. Can stop on a dime, sink his hips, and make a quick move before the defender can change directions. Long-stride speed. Can beat you with anywhere; whether screen passes, perimeter, and deep. He has potential to make a huge play any opportunity.

Cons: Doesn't always attack the ball at it's highest point, especially with deep balls. Doesn't have great timing when it comes to jumping for the ball, can sometimes jump too early. Doesn't have elite speed. As stated earlier with deep balls, he likes to let it fall into his hands rather than attack it. Carries the ball loose and doesn't seem to have a feel for when defenders are behind or closing in on him.

Overall: Corey Davis has every ability to be a #1 wide receiver in the NFL. He can make people miss, has deceptive speed, and very reliable in his hands. He will have to do a better job with jump balls, but his route running is the best in this draft. Has the best route running I've seen thus far. Great yards after the catch ability. He may be someone to look at early in the draft and would be a perfect weapon for Dalton to use.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 08:45 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Corey Davis, Wide Receiver. Western Michigan

Pros: Terrific burst and acceleration. Smooth route runner and great hands, very reliable. Great vision with the ball and can see opportunities to get more yards. Can make people miss and takes advantage of his quick acceleration. Tends to fight for the ball and attacks it rather than waits for it to come to him. Is strong enough with hands to get separation, even against physical receivers. Can stop on a dime, sink his hips, and make a quick move before the defender can change directions. Long-stride speed. Can beat you with anywhere; whether screen passes, perimeter, and deep. He has potential to make a huge play any opportunity.

Cons: Doesn't always attack the ball at it's highest point, especially with deep balls. Doesn't have great timing when it comes to jumping for the ball, can sometimes jump too early. Doesn't have elite speed. As stated earlier with deep balls, he likes to let it fall into his hands rather than attack it. Carries the ball loose and doesn't seem to have a feel for when defenders are behind or closing in on him.

Overall: Corey Davis has every ability to be a #1 wide receiver in the NFL. He can make people miss, has deceptive speed, and very reliable in his hands. He will have to do a better job with jump balls, but his route running is the best in this draft. Has the best route running I've seen thus far. Great yards after the catch ability. He may be someone to look at early in the draft and would be a perfect weapon for Dalton to use.

I have only watched a couple games (three at this point), but I actually disagree with your synopsis on his deep ball skills. I point to the Ball state game, multiple under thrown deep balls each time he fought back to the ball going up and over over the defender to try and salvage the pass. One time he came down with it a couple other times he did not. Wisconsin he fights back across the field and goes over a defender to snag a pure 50/50 jump ball from being picked in the end zone. I have only watched three games worth of film so far, but I feel he works back to the ball on deep balls pretty well, vs letting it fall to him, if we are comparing him against his peers.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 08:45 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Corey Davis, Wide Receiver. Western Michigan

I really like him.I hope the bengals do also.I really hope we go skill player at 9 to give us a shiny new piece to roll out on opening day.....a gamebreaker is what we need on offense .we have aj and eiffert lets add one more dynamic player and i think it will pay dividends
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2017, 09:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: I have only watched a couple games (three at this point), but I actually disagree with your synopsis on his deep ball skills. I point to the Ball state game, multiple under thrown deep balls each time he fought back to the ball going up and over over the defender to try and salvage the pass. One time he came down with it a couple other times he did not. Wisconsin he fights back across the field and goes over a defender to snag a pure 50/50 jump ball from being picked in the end zone. I have only watched three games worth of film so far, but I feel he works back to the ball on deep balls pretty well, vs letting it fall to him, if we are comparing him against his peers.
I think he means he doesn't extend his hands to the farthest point instead let's the ball come to his hands  in his jump 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2017, 11:36 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I think he means he doesn't extend his hands to the farthest point instead let's the ball come to his hands  in his jump 
Maybe I didn't word my response right, but that isn't what I see. He attacks the ball both in coming back for it but extending for it. Letting a ball "come to you" (by your explanation) would be being more of a body catcher i.e. pulling your arms in tight trying to cradle the catch. If you are a body catcher that is an issue, but if your arms are only slightly bent instead of fully extended it makes little difference. In the circles I have been around letting the ball "come to you" is standing at a spot and waiting for it to drop. If you watch Davis on his curl routes he doesn't sit on the curl but drives back to the ball. As I said on his deep throws he doesn't wait for it to drop unless it's put in front of him (which is correct) he most the time though has to fight back because the ball was severally under thrown.

Full disclosure I am a Mike Williams guy, but I just don't agree with this particular negative on Davis. Maybe it's in some of the tape I haven't seen. To be perfectly honest most of his deep routes are posts/skinny posts that this isn't even noticed in. I will say his jumps can be off at times, so I'll agree with that part, but honestly I don't see him as a downfield jump ball guy in the NFL anyways.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2017, 11:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: Maybe I didn't word my response right, but that isn't what I see. He attacks the ball both in coming back for it but extending for it. Letting a ball "come to you" (by your explanation) would be being more of a body catcher i.e. pulling your arms in tight trying to cradle the catch. If you are a body catcher that is an issue, but if your arms are only slightly bent instead of fully extended it makes little difference. In the circles I have been around letting the ball "come to you" is standing at a spot and waiting for it to drop. If you watch Davis on his curl routes he doesn't sit on the curl but drives back to the ball. As I said on his deep throws he doesn't wait for it to drop unless it's put in front of him (which is correct) he most the time though has to fight back because the ball was severally under thrown.

Full disclosure I am a Mike Williams guy, but I just don't agree with this particular negative on Davis. Maybe it's in some of the tape I haven't seen. To be perfectly honest most of his deep routes are posts/skinny posts that this isn't even noticed in. I will say his jumps can be off at times, so I'll agree with that part, but honestly I don't see him as a downfield jump ball guy in the NFL anyways.
neither do I I think that's more Williams area. I see him more of obj as in a lot of slants and interviews cat he's he takes to the house. and yeah I didn't word it right either he doesn't get full extension of his arms as u said like aj green does, but we have a good receiver coach so that could be fixed.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2017, 09:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: I have only watched a couple games (three at this point), but I actually disagree with your synopsis on his deep ball skills. I point to the Ball state game, multiple under thrown deep balls each time he fought back to the ball going up and over over the defender to try and salvage the pass. One time he came down with it a couple other times he did not. Wisconsin he fights back across the field and goes over a defender to snag a pure 50/50 jump ball from being picked in the end zone. I have only watched three games worth of film so far, but I feel he works back to the ball on deep balls pretty well, vs letting it fall to him, if we are comparing him against his peers.

There are games where he will jump for the ball. But there's numerous times you see him wait for the ball to come to him. He would have had better numbers, but you see a lot of underthrown balls where has has to slow down to catch it. In quite a few games (even dating to last year) he allows it to come to him rather than attack it.

His tape against Buffalo shows some of my issues with him. Also Central Michigan. Ball state he had a real good game though. Also watch the Ohio game.

He doesn't leave his feet often. He may attack the ball with his hands, but he doesn't jump for it as much in deep ball situations.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 10:48 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How blown would your mind be if they decided to draft the same position back to back with 1 and 2 like they did with the OT's, LB at that. I wouldnt mind it if they pan out we could have a LB core that would be feared for once.

It certainly would blow my mind if we drafted LB in 1 and 2. Would much rather we go End and
then Center, fix that pass rush and that huge weakness we have had forever. Jonathan Allen with
Elfein/Toth or Orlovsky would be sweet.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the Takk and Davis write-up Wolf. Really like Takk or Taco if we wait till the 2nd to pick up an End.

Takk reminds me of Von Miller a touch, just doesn't have the strength like you said.

Corey Davis is definately warming up to me and Mike Williams. Even though i think Core could be special, the
problem with Core is it takes him a bit to get up to that special gear. Davis is up and going fast.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2017, 10:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It certainly would blow my mind if we drafted LB in 1 and 2. Would much rather we go End and
then Center, fix that pass rush and that huge weakness we have had forever. Jonathan Allen with
Elfein/Toth or Orlovsky would be sweet.

Yea I dont expect them to take a LB till the 3rd. Mikey seems gun shy since Rivers. I would be fine with a pass rusher at #9 actually I hope they do take a DE in the first but with Kirk a FA and Adam Jones back to Pac Man, they might see CB as a urgent position (they love them some CB's in the first) and i will lose my mind if they do that. Also for some reason we the fans seem to be the only ones who think we need a C, shocked right I know, so I dont see them taking a C in the 2nd. They may be due since the highest C Marvin has drafted was a 4th. I would like DE, LB, C, RB/TE, FS in that order but, of course it all depends who's there from the get go. Not a big Allen fan but I would like Barnett in the first, im warming up to S. Thomas though, I think he is the guy we take if they decide pass rusher. Toth can be had in the later rounds, maybe even Orlovsky.
Reply/Quote