Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woo Hoo!! Billy Price!
(04-27-2018, 09:27 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Again, that is your opinion and that’s fine.  And I hope you are right.  Healthy I think you are right!! I just wanted someone healthy from day 1

But we won’t know until they touch the field.

Yes, all of this is opinion. Actually, I think there is not enough difference between Price and Ragnow to make a difference. Price partially tore his pec, and his docs say he will be healthy for TC. Ragnow suffered a high ankle sprain, and has been cleared. They will both be ready day 1. One thing is, Price is an Ohio kid who WANTS to be a Bengal. That means something. 
Reply/Quote
Here's the phone call to Billy

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Draft-Phone-Call-Rd-1---Billy-Price/2f0154ec-922a-4579-aea0-7c48115ae598
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Probably the happiest I've been with a first round pick in a long while.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
[Image: DbwjBPIVAAA8W0x.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, all of this is opinion. Actually, I think there is not enough difference between Price and Ragnow to make a difference. Price partially tore his pec, and his docs say he will be healthy for TC. Ragnow suffered a high ankle sprain, and has been cleared. They will both be ready day 1. One thing is, Price is an Ohio kid who WANTS to be a Bengal. That means something. 

I cant remember the last time Browns and Bengals both selected an OSU player in the 1st (or the same round in general)

nice those kids don't have to move far
Reply/Quote
Anyone else feel awkward when the pick everyone knows you want is drafted one pick before you and then you over draft a 2nd round pick in the first. My wife watched the draft for the first time last night and she's like " it can't be good that nfl network doesn't even show a picture of the guy and go straight to commercial "

I think the Price fit is great for our team and he's a high quality player, but the circumstance really took the shine off the pick

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:49 AM)Okeana Wrote: Anyone else feel awkward when the pick everyone knows you want is drafted one pick before you and then you over draft a 2nd round pick in the first. My wife watched the draft for the first time last night and she's like " it can't be good that nfl network doesn't even show a picture of the guy and go straight to commercial "

I think the Price fit is great for our team and he's a high quality player, but the circumstance really took the shine off the pick

We didn't overdraft a 2nd round pick.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Call it sour grapes, but the NFL Network can go eat a brick.

They cut to commercial while we're on the clock, and then when Billy Price is selected we get a thirty second analysis from Mayock and that's it. It was literally a blink-and-you'll-miss-it type deal.
Reply/Quote
Price is going to change this entire offense. He has the intangibles that our previous few centers haven't had in them.

With Bodine, there were a lot of missed assignments across the entire line. To me, that said bad football IQ on the line. We just got a guy who completely understands the game of football. He will hold his teammates accountable. He will be the leader of this line. Our line was missing that 'leader' last year. Billy will demand excellence from the rest of the line. This pick improved each lineman IMO.

As for the Ragnow vs Price issue. To me its very similar to the DeCastro/Zietler debate a few years back. Both guys turned out to be pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:55 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Call it sour grapes, but the NFL Network can go eat a brick.

They cut to commercial while we're on the clock, and then when Billy Price is selected we get a thirty second analysis from Mayock and that's it.  It was literally a blink-and-you'll-miss-it type deal.

Yeah, they did treat it more like a 5th round comp, than the selection of a young man who just became a millionaire.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:40 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Here's the phone call to Billy

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Draft-Phone-Call-Rd-1---Billy-Price/2f0154ec-922a-4579-aea0-7c48115ae598

“You ready to work?”~ Coach Pollack

I think we have the right guy.

Reply/Quote
Kid seems genuinely excited to be here.
Reply/Quote
Keeping #54 in the pros.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:09 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Who is "they"? I have never heard that in my life. A partially torn muscle is much better than a fully torn muscle.

I am with you. I just had surgery for a partially torn labrum and partially torn rotator cuff. My recovery is 3 to 4 months. They told me if fully torn it would have been 6 to 9 months.

So not sure I have ever heard partially torn is better.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Every photo I see a billy price He looks like a mean dude. He looks like he wants to hit somebody in the face.

Pro football scouts have said that Billy Price has an edge to him. That's the kind of football player I want guiding the offense line. I remember Richie Braham always looked pissed off to me.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Kinda wish Lap would just keep his mouth shut when it come to "who he thinks" were taking, or sees on our board. Does nothing but tip our hand and set eveyone up for disappointment.

Did we really want Ragnow? I did. Could have been draft bs. we will never know but this brings undeserved hatred at a pick (Price) for no fault of his own. The way I see it is, we wanted a C last year and screwed that up. We would have been more than happy with several Centers last year. Price is better than any of the Centers last year, even his teammate. The FO office can't do anything about Det taking Ragnow, sucks but there was no way we were moving up in the first for a C. The FO obviously didn't think he would last till our 2nd and addressed a major need. There's no reach about this pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 10:29 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Kinda wish Lap would just keep his mouth shut when it come to "who he thinks" were taking, or sees on our board. Does nothing but tip our hand and set eveyone up for disappointment.

Did we really want Ragnow? I did. Could have been draft bs. we will never know but this brings undeserved hatred at a pick (Price) for no fault of his own. The way I see it is, we wanted a C last year and screwed that up. We would have been more than happy with several Centers last year. Price is better than any of the Centers last year, even his teammate. The FO office can't do anything about Det taking Ragnow, sucks but there was no way we were moving up in the first for a C. The FO obviously didn't think he would last till our 2nd and addressed a major need. There's no reach about this pick.

I heard Jim Owczarski on the radio driving home BEFORE the draft last night and he predicted Billy Price would be the pick.

Pretty sure that Jim and Lapham thought that both Ragnow and Price would be there when the Bengals pick, so maybe Price was their guy all along.

Jim and Lapham both have access to the Bengals yet they each picked a different Center.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 10:29 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Kinda wish Lap would just keep his mouth shut when it come to "who he thinks" were taking, or sees on our board. Does nothing but tip our hand and set eveyone up for disappointment.

Yeah, sure you do.  That's why everyone around here is on the edge of their seats for weeks, leading up to when Lap makes his "prediction".   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:28 PM)jarrod.gower76 Wrote: Why the **** do we draft injured players...Must be mandatory in our draft room....We will regret skipping Hernandez.....Idiots.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I AGREE with you,drafting injured players and to top that off this player has been beaten up playing 55 games as a starter.He got hurt for a reason,folks and I like Billy price,and with Henandez sitting there,come on and James Daniels is still there and to me is by far a better center,he is younger by two years,bigger,faster,longer arms and stronger.A no brainer,but they want to put butts in the seats and price will do,I think he has no idea whats coming at him in the afc north.I predict he will not last a whole season.Also Rasaad Evans,the best linebacker sitting there and he was grabbed right away by the next pick.This staff has no idea how to get it done and that's why we will NEVER win a super bowl.Our division just got super hard with Mayfield and Jackson coming in.I predict 7 wins with this schedule maybe less. Hate to see this team self-destroy,but our biggest weak link is going to be throw it away and run out of the pocket Mr Andy Dalton,I hope they draft Mason Rudnoff.He is by far much better than Dalton, Andy has gotten paid,has two kids and is not going to play all out and risk any thing as he wants to stay healthy,I do not blame him,but he will never be a difference maker and this is why year after year the nfl gives us no time,no respect.We a just an afterthought.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A bunch of random people on a message board obviously know better than the coach who put together the best Oline in the league lol

I appreciate it can be an echo chamber thought process. But i read all of PFF's info on the centre's and watched as much as one can from Youtube cut-ups etc. To me Daniels was by far the most athletically gifted, but i can understand the worry about age and maturity to basically lead an O-line and all the calls etc. Ragnow just looked a more reliable polished blocker (Pass Pro) on the video i saw. Price had more nasty flashy plays in the run game, but had a fair few lean in to the DT and get beat by a swim move etc. Not Bodine bad kinda beat but beat none the less.

Like i say though, i think he will pan out and be a huge upgrade over anything we have had in a while.
Reply/Quote