Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woo Hoo!! Billy Price!
Someone is going to get a new jersey!!! I haven't bought one in about 10 years so it's time for a new one...#54!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:51 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We didn't overdraft a 2nd round pick.

don't get me wrong i think he's a talented center who could have went in the first round, but almost everyone agrees that if we didn't draft him he would have been a 2nd round pick.  i'm glad thats the one thing you took away from what i said tho lmao

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:43 AM)redwood Wrote: If Bodine was even ABLE to rough up Price, likely Bodine would not have sucked when he was here.  I SAW a few Ohio St games. Price tended to dominate.  i saw Bengals games, Bodine never dominated nuthin'

Price has 1st round attributes, so he should be fine.

Would be Jaw Dropping at the stadium and for Bengal fan viewers watching on TV though, if Bodine put some Andre the Giant moves on Price pre-game.

Gut wrenching for Bengal fans... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:13 PM)Okeana Wrote:  but almost everyone agrees that if we didn't draft him he would have been a 2nd round pick.  

Show me where everyone agrees with this please. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:13 PM)Okeana Wrote: don't get me wrong i think he's a talented center who could have went in the first round, but almost everyone agrees that if we didn't draft him he would have been a 2nd round pick.  i'm glad thats the one thing you took away from what i said tho lmao

Would've written more, but I just didn't choose to.

If he doesn't tear his pec (which doesn't matter, at this point), he probably goes earlier, so no, he wouldn't have lasted.

And anyways, whoa re we to project where these guys will be? We have no clue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Someone is going to get a new jersey!!! I haven't bought one in about 10 years so it's time for a new one...#54!!!

54 is Bob Johnson's number and is retired.
Calling it now, Price will be #64.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:13 PM)Okeana Wrote: don't get me wrong i think he's a talented center who could have went in the first round, but almost everyone agrees that if we didn't draft him he would have been a 2nd round pick.  i'm glad thats the one thing you took away from what i said tho lmao

I actually think the Ravens would have grabbed him, if we hadn't.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:11 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Price would step to the side and Bodine would completely whiff.... Hilarious

I'm pretty sure that Paul Alexander taught all of our lineman 100 ways to strike and back pedal from the Fetal position.

This could confuse Price and create an opening for Bodine.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 54 is Bob Johnson's number and is retired.
Calling it now, Price will be #64.

You could be right, but Johnson might be like Anderson and let the rook have his number... I'll wait to see what number he gets either way. Still excited as hell!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:49 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Totally disagree. Price actually played last season at around 315 lbs. So he can and probably will get heavier.

He's not going to get anymore athletic or flexible at 23 years old (24 in October).  
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:10 PM)Ravage Wrote: It sucked, to be sure. But to be fair, I don't remember much of a package for Ragnow with the Lions either. Center isn't the easiest position to have highlight film on, nor do most casual viewers care. Plus, taking all previous bodies of work into account, I'm willing to give NFLN a pass on this one. They typically give us more airtime than ESPN, and when they do they're rarely as snarky and dismissive as ESPN has historically been. Just because ESPN out did NFLN last night doesn't erase 20+ years of their overly critical, usually proven wrong several years later, crappy commentary and piss-poor coverage. ESPN is the blind squirrel that found a nut, just because they did it once doesn't mean it'll happen again.

Are you trying to say that Center isn't a sexy pick?  OL are referred to as The Big Uglies for a reason, they do the dirty work that makes the skill players look so sexy.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Someone is going to get a new jersey!!! I haven't bought one in about 10 years so it's time for a new one...#54!!!

Buckeye fan?

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Buckeye fan?

Born and raised right!!! Lol
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 10:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: Wynn is already gone.

As much hate as we give ESPN....they gave us a much better review and more airtime.

I had ESPN on my laptop with NFL on main tv. Gotta say that ESPN did better overall on player analysis for each pick.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
With that trade to Buffalo, Bengals get an upgrade at tackle and an elite college center for the biggest void on the team. No one should be complaining at all, and this is coming from me who gave a thumbs down to last years first round pick.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you trying to say that Center isn't a sexy pick?  OL are referred to as The Big Uglies for a reason, they do the dirty work that makes the skill players look so sexy.  Ninja

For the casual 'Hey they scored a home-run!' masses? No, it isn't a sexy pick, but who cares about sexy? I care about a good pick that makes the team better. Price should do that.

I'm over the moon that they drafted a Center. It was the team's biggest on-field weakness, and they addressed it before day three (which is what they usually would have done). There's a lot to like about all three of the draft's top centers, so I understand if people preferred Ragnow or Daniels instead. To me they all should be good NFL caliber centers, something we haven't seen on the Bengals in a while. I think Price will be a fine player for us, and he sure seems to be happy about being with the Bengals (which is always a plus). As long as they got one of the three I would have been happy. They did, so I'm in the unusual spot of being immediately content with our first round pick.
Reply/Quote
We may never know who's the better Center anyway. It's believed the Lions are going to use Ragnow at Guard.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 03:44 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: I'd say our first round pick was Cordy Glenn/Billy Price.

Good point, and don't forget that 5th rounder we also got from Buffalo. We kinda nailed that trade.

(04-27-2018, 08:06 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think it's funny that we got this rock star O line coach and he takes Price and by all indications he loves Price when he listen tot hem talk about him, yet people are upset. I get Lapham though Ragnow but there were multiple beat writers who thought it was Price all along based on their sources. Everyone will say Ragnow was their #1 Center because that is the group think going around, but there is plenty of evidence that it was Price.

Agreed. Not only was Price the pick (beat writer) Dehnar claimed all along, I also saw numerous mocks with us picking Price. It's possible and maybe even likely that Price was #1 on our board all along. Hasn't Lap been wrong before? I know he's not 100%.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Love Billy Price but am concerned about his ability to come back by the beginning of the season from the surgery for his pec tear. We only need to see what happened with William Jackson and his inability to come back for his first year from a similar injury. Really think the Bengals need to draft another center to take some of the immediate pressure off of Price.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:16 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Love Billy Price but am concerned about his ability to come back by the beginning of the season from the surgery for his pec tear. We only need to see what happened with William Jackson and his inability to come back for his first year from a similar injury. Really think the Bengals need to draft another center to take some of the immediate pressure off of Price.

I'm not as concerned about the injury/recovery.  There's a big difference between partially tearing a pec in February and tearing it in Preseason.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote