Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woo Hoo!! Billy Price!
(04-27-2018, 09:49 AM)Okeana Wrote: Anyone else feel awkward when the pick everyone knows you want is drafted one pick before you and then you over draft a 2nd round pick in the first.  My wife watched the draft for the first time last night and she's like " it can't be good that nfl network doesn't even show a picture of the guy and go straight to commercial "

I think the Price fit is great for our team and he's a high quality player, but the circumstance really took the shine off the pick

He's a top 15 pick that we got a shot at due to a freak injury.  And with our number 12 pick, we got two starting O Lineman so I'm happier than I've been in a while with the Bengals draft choices.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:42 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Price has a minor injury. He will be 100% very soon. People get that type of injury, but worse mid season and come back a few months later. Price was possibly the best center in the draft. Hopefully we will get Hernandez or Wynn in the second.

Wynn is already gone.

(04-27-2018, 10:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, they did treat it more like a 5th round comp, than the selection of a young man who just became a millionaire.

As much hate as we give ESPN....they gave us a much better review and more airtime.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 10:54 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: I appreciate it can be an echo chamber thought process. But i read all of PFF's info on the centre's and watched as much as one can from Youtube cut-ups etc. To me Daniels was by far the most athletically gifted, but i can understand the worry about age and maturity to basically lead an O-line and all the calls etc. Ragnow just looked a more reliable polished blocker (Pass Pro) on the video i saw. Price had more nasty flashy plays in the run game, but had a fair few lean in to the DT and get beat by a swim move etc. Not Bodine bad kinda beat but beat none the less.

Like i say though, i think he will pan out and be a huge upgrade over anything we have had in a while.

It would be our luck to have Bodine and Price exchange words before the 3rd Pre-season game this year and Bodine ends up slapping Price around ending in a Bodine body slam of Price to the ground, then broken up by other players.

That would be a bad omen for a Bengal fan and just our Luck...  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 10:51 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I AGREE with you,drafting injured players and to top that off this player has been beaten up playing 55 games as a starter.He got hurt for a reason,folks 

What are you even talking about?  His injury wasn't the result of "been beaten up playing 55 games as a starter".  His injury was the result of overtraining, in an attempt to set a meaningless record in an event that has little to contribute to football ability.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
How can someone complain about price's injury and want Ragnow?

As to the pick: My #1 was Wynn and would have taken him if they gave bfine the card, because it gave us more options, but I am more than happy with the price pick. If bfine got his wish Hernandez or Daniels would be there in the second and we take one of them as Billy can play RG and C.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:28 PM)jarrod.gower76 Wrote: Why the **** do we draft injured players...Must be mandatory in our draft room....We will regret skipping Hernandez.....Idiots.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In this case it's a type injury that tends to heal up rather quick without long term issues.   also.. he is a dang good player. Got the Rimington award as Best C.  Ragenow who they also liked, had gone with the previous pick.

Price was a guy I EXPECTED would be high on our list.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: How can someone complain about price's injury and want Ragnow?

As to the pick: My #1 was Wynn and would have taken him if they gave bfine the card, because it gave us more options, but I am more than happy with the price pick. If bfine got his wish Hernandez or Daniels would be there in the second and we take one of them as Billy can play RG and C.

If we weren't in such dire need of a center.....I'd be on board with that.  Wynn was one of my faves too.

Reply/Quote
Not sure why a guy that plays every game in college is a bad thing? He's a durable Linemen. Who knows we may take Daniels to.
Reply/Quote
Besides Ragnow missed his last 5 games so would that have been a wasted pick on an injured player also.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:20 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Not sure why a guy that plays every game in college is a bad thing? He's a durable Linemen. Who knows we may take Daniels to.

Good point.....we could wind up with both.  Also, as others have noted.....we essentially got Cordy Glenn and Price in the first round.  Nice haul by the FO this season.....addition by subtraction (Piano Man and Blodine), and addition by addition! Smirk

Reply/Quote
It doesn't always have to be this "one or the other" mentality, guys. I remember most of us were pissed when the Bengals took Zeitler over DeCastro (and they actually had the choice there). Turns out that both guys are damn good players.

You can wish that they landed Ragnow while still being happy with Price.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:04 AM)depthchart Wrote: It would be our luck to have Bodine and Price exchange words before the 3rd Pre-season game this year and Bodine ends up slapping Price around ending in a Bodine body slam of Price to the ground, then broken up by other players.

I know you're just joking around, but Price's toughness is the last thing to worry about with him. He's from Crime Town USA....and he would beat the living tar out of Bodine.

Price is also a gamer, reliable, and a great leader. He's a 10-year starter. I just hope the Browns are willing to pay him market rate in his 2nd contract.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:32 AM)Stripes Wrote: Price is a bad dude from Crime Town USA....he would beat the living tar out of Bodine.

Price is also a gamer, reliable, and a great leader. He's a 10-year starter. I just hope the Browns are willing to pay him market rate in his 2nd contract.

I'm just messing around...

It would really suck though if Bodine put a whipping on him before Pre-season game 3 after exchanged words.

As a Bengal fan, being let down by a sure thing in an ironic way like this seems like our Fate at times.

I think Price will be fine though... Just playin...
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:37 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Price over Daniels or Hernandez? We could have got price in the 2nd

Not a chance in hell that would of happened...
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:04 AM)depthchart Wrote: It would be our luck to have Bodine and Price exchange words before the 3rd Pre-season game this year and Bodine ends up slapping Price around ending in a Bodine body slam of Price to the ground, then broken up by other players.

If Bodine was even ABLE to rough up Price, likely Bodine would not have sucked when he was here.  I SAW a few Ohio St games. Price tended to dominate.  i saw Bengals games, Bodine never dominated nuthin'
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:02 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Same. I think this was the perfect fit for them anyway. Price is 22 and most likely is where he's at physically, so he's not going to fill out a whole lot more than he is now. He can get better mechanically, but most likely will be a B+ type player which means we'll also have a better shot at retaining him, since we don't like "record" contracts. But his floor is really high, so he'll be a day one instant upgrade over Bodine. Also like they're not f'ing around with fixing the line. The commitment is real. I'm more excited about the second round than first now. After Lap made his pick, he kinda spoiled it for me lol
Totally disagree. Price actually played last season at around 315 lbs. So he can and probably will get heavier.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:55 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Call it sour grapes, but the NFL Network can go eat a brick.

They cut to commercial while we're on the clock, and then when Billy Price is selected we get a thirty second analysis from Mayock and that's it.  It was literally a blink-and-you'll-miss-it type deal.
I had to teach 1st Tee last night so I taped the draft on NFLN. I got done about pick 19, so I thought I would stick around til our pick, the TV was on ESPN, I let out a load big "yeah".  I drove home to rewatch it on NFLN and was very pissed, nothing!!  "Bengals get their center with Billy Price out of OSU, good pick" Ok next pick.... Total bullshit!!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:45 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: [Image: DbwjBPIVAAA8W0x.jpg]
Photo shopping Price's head on Drew Carey's body should garner an immediate banishment!!!   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:01 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I had to teach 1st Tee last night so I taped the draft on NFLN. I got done about pick 19, so I thought I would stick around til our pick, the TV was on ESPN, I let out a load big "yeah".  I drove home to rewatch it on NFLN and was very pissed, nothing!!  "Bengals get their center with Billy Price out of OSU, good pick" Ok next pick.... Total bullshit!!

It sucked, to be sure. But to be fair, I don't remember much of a package for Ragnow with the Lions either. Center isn't the easiest position to have highlight film on, nor do most casual viewers care. Plus, taking all previous bodies of work into account, I'm willing to give NFLN a pass on this one. They typically give us more airtime than ESPN, and when they do they're rarely as snarky and dismissive as ESPN has historically been. Just because ESPN out did NFLN last night doesn't erase 20+ years of their overly critical, usually proven wrong several years later, crappy commentary and piss-poor coverage. ESPN is the blind squirrel that found a nut, just because they did it once doesn't mean it'll happen again.
Reply/Quote

Price would step to the side and Bodine would completely whiff.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote