Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woo Hoo!! Billy Price!
Side note, Bucky Brooks gave the pick an A- said he was the best Center in his mind and though had he not got injured at the combine he could have gone higher.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:28 PM)jarrod.gower76 Wrote: Why the **** do we draft injured players...Must be mandatory in our draft room....We will regret skipping Hernandez.....Idiots.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't understand the desire for a guard, especially in Rd 1, when they have Boling, Westerman, Redmond, and Hopkins.  Westerman and Redmond will battle it out for the RG spot and they are both huge upgrades over what we saw out of Hopkins.  What we needed, and got, was a center that can run block and lead the line in terms of call and attitude and that is what we got. 

And Ragnow was injured at the combine as well, so there's that...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great pick. I can't believe the whining that went on over this pick. First off, it is debatable who the better center was, Price or Ragnow, so what does that mean, it means they are right there together. Price partially tore a pec. It's healed. Ragnow hurt his ankle, big deal. Price's doctor says he's already fine. And, don't forget, as was pointed out weeks ago by another poster, he's "irritable". I'm very happy with this pick, welcome to the Bengals Billy the Kid.....
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:05 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: They say fully torn is usually better than partially torn  Nervous

So he fractured his pec? LOL

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The fact that the Bengals jumped at Price, right after Ragnow was taken by the Lions should tell all of the James Daniels fans something.  Physicality is what rules in the NFL.  Ragnow and Price are both physical beasts, Daniels is the "master technician", and he's the one still sitting on the board..

And it doesn't reflect their play at all, but when they showed Daniels at home, it looked like he was wearing a velvet robe or something, a la Hugh Hefner???  Made me laugh. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 06:01 AM)jarrod.gower76 Wrote: 1st round pick that is injured....nuff said...they whiffed on this pick.  Your first rounder should ignite excitement in fan base and coaching staff as a game changer in upcoming season...we should not be checking the internet to validate if he will play due to injury....bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was excited enough to jump outta my chair. And Price is a game changer. No more defenders beating the ball to Andy and huge holes up the middle for Mixon and Gio. Just because what a player does doesn't show up on a stat sheet doesn't mean they can't make a splash.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Great pick. I can't believe the whining that went on over this pick. First off, it is debatable who the better center was, Price or Ragnow, so what does that mean, it means they are right there together. Price partially tore a pec. It's healed. Ragnow hurt his ankle, big deal. Price's doctor says he's already fine. And, don't forget, as was pointed out weeks ago by another poster, he's "irritable". I'm very happy with this pick, welcome to the Bengals Billy the Kid.....

The mean streak comments I’m hearing about him sound promising. If you had to describe our line last year in one word I think passive about sums it up.

Reply/Quote
Look, the difference between Price and Ragnow is miniscule. Let's say one was a 10 and the other a 9.5. Either way, we got a player we needed at a position that has been weak for almost a decade. If I had a gun to my head, I would have preferred Ragnow but he wasn't available anymore. They did the right thing and got the "next best" player whom many felt was the best in the draft at his position.

Center is not a sexy pick but for once, this team needed to get away from the glamor picks and get a football player.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 03:11 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Price stinks. He'll be average.

If he stunk he wouldn’t be average. He’d be bad. This post is bad and you should feel bad.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:14 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Center is not a sexy pick but for once, this team needed to get away from the glamor picks and get a football player.

Great pick. Team is doing all the right things this year so far. Not what we are used to.

Reply/Quote
The only knock I've seen against Price (on this board at least) is his arm length. Should that not be a concern?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
How can people sit here and complain about a guy and a pick that they probably have no idea about? People wanted Ragnow over Price? How many of those people have actually seen Ragnow play one play of a football game? How many of those people have actually paid any kind of attention to Price when he was at OSU?

People just love to complain. We got a good player in Price. He will be fine.

Also, it IS possible that both Ragnow and Price could BOTH be good. I know, it seems impossible, but maybe...just maybe, they both work out and are both good players.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:18 AM)Big Boss Wrote: The only knock I've seen against Price (on this board at least) is his arm length.  Should that not be a concern?

Didn't seem to bother him at Ohio State. He's good in space and has great movement. I think that makes up for it.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 03:11 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Price stinks. He'll be average.

(04-27-2018, 09:16 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: If he stunk he wouldn’t be average. He’d be bad. This post is bad and you should feel bad.

[Image: upload-155e6ec0-8811-11e5-a2ca-85d727eae4a7.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:18 AM)Big Boss Wrote: The only knock I've seen against Price (on this board at least) is his arm length.  Should that not be a concern?

He has trouble throwing the 20 yard out, thats for sure. I hope his arm strength improves because the accuracy is definitely there. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I would have liked ragnow, but at what cost?

It probably would have cost us a 3rd to move up just a few spots.

Let’s see who they land in the third today and then we can look and see

Is price and ____ or ______ better than ragnow?

Of course we won’t know today, but then we can have a better conversation
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:22 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I would have liked ragnow, but at what cost?  

It probably would have cost us a 3rd to move up just a few spots.

Let’s see who they land in the third today and then we can look and see

Is price and ____ or ______ better than ragnow?

Of course we won’t know today, but then we can have a better conversation

Price by himself is better than Ragnow.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Price by himself is better than Ragnow.

Again, that is your opinion and that’s fine. And I hope you are right. Healthy I think you are right!! I just wanted someone healthy from day 1

But we won’t know until they touch the field.
Reply/Quote
Instant upgrade. Just what the doctor ordered. Now go get yourself a tace in Crosby, brown or Jones and we will be in business. Pepper in a guard in hernandez, gossett or Smith and the Oline overhaul is complete.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:49 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: What type of injury does he have?

Small tear in the pectoralis minor.

[Image: bodyman-Pec-Major-minor-drawing.png]
Reply/Quote