Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woo Hoo!! Billy Price!
(04-27-2018, 03:11 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Price stinks. He'll be average.

There's no way you can know that. But even if he did turn out average, that's about a 10000 % upgrade from what we had before.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Stinks?  Average?  Why was he rated as a consensus first rounder before his injury if he stinks?  He may wind up being the best interior o-line of this class.  If nothing else, he should be a rock solid player with a high floor.  
Reply/Quote
It's a great pick, as long as he works his way through the injury well. He's a guy that will do everything right in rehab, so I'm feeling very good about this.

Kudos to the team, because we have parlayed our first round pick into an already established good left tackle, and now get our starting center, which should be a big improvement over Bodine.

I'd say our first round pick was Cordy Glenn/Billy Price.
Reply/Quote
Damned .. And all this time I was hoping for a backup kicker, someone who could once in awhile nail a 30 yard field goal ..50/50ish.. 
Oh well .we got a beast at center instead.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

First off...dynamite insight and analysis there. You really expounded on your thoughts and provided a solid backing for your reasoning.

Second, which is it? Does he stink? Or is he average? By definition someone that's average neither stinks, nor are they exceptional, they're smack dab in the middle. So make up your mind. Unless of course you're talking about his personal hygiene, in which case he could then both stink and be average. If it's the hygiene and average combo, I have another question: Why are you smelling collegiate offensive linemen?
Reply/Quote
1st round pick that is injured....nuff said...they whiffed on this pick. Your first rounder should ignite excitement in fan base and coaching staff as a game changer in upcoming season...we should not be checking the internet to validate if he will play due to injury....bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:37 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Price over Daniels or Hernandez? We could have got price in the 2nd

He wouldnt have been there at 46.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We finally pull the trigger on a center in the first round and people are still crying.. Lol you effing babies, we could always go back to drafting more Bodine's in rounds 4-6.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Good pick, move along cry babies. We could've picked anyone else and there would still be whiners
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Meh. Bengals’ Top C (Ragnow) went a pick before. Not pumped about Price but happy there should be a nice improvement over Bodine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. That's basically exactly how i felt once i let my mind get a bit clear straight after the 2 picks. He is a huge upgrade over Bodine but i was sold on Ragnow. But again big upgrade and if someone had told me a few months back we get Cordy Glenn and Billy Price for the 12th overall pick i would have bitten their hand off. So you cant complain.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 06:01 AM)jarrod.gower76 Wrote: 1st round pick that is injured....nuff said...they whiffed on this pick.  Your first rounder should ignite excitement in fan base and coaching staff as a game changer in upcoming season...we should not be checking the internet to validate if he will play due to injury....bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Center may not be a sexy pick, but if them actively improving the offensive line doesn't excite you then you need to go somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 11:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Meh. Bengals’ Top C (Ragnow) went a pick before. Not pumped about Price but happy there should be a nice improvement over Bodine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. I think this was the perfect fit for them anyway. Price is 22 and most likely is where he's at physically, so he's not going to fill out a whole lot more than he is now. He can get better mechanically, but most likely will be a B+ type player which means we'll also have a better shot at retaining him, since we don't like "record" contracts. But his floor is really high, so he'll be a day one instant upgrade over Bodine. Also like they're not f'ing around with fixing the line. The commitment is real. I'm more excited about the second round than first now. After Lap made his pick, he kinda spoiled it for me lol
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 07:43 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Center may not be a sexy pick, but if them actively improving the offensive line doesn't excite you then you need to go somewhere.

You got that right, they finally draft a position of great need in the first instead of a CB or yet another WR and people still cry; not to mention the free agent moves they made that they never do. They finally turned the corner and people still cry...but they'll be the first ones to tell you how great our fanbase is. Get behind the team, we may actually have something here this year!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 07:04 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: Yep. That's basically exactly how i felt once i let my mind get a bit clear straight after the 2 picks. He is a huge upgrade over Bodine but i was sold on Ragnow. But again big upgrade and if someone had told me a few months back we get Cordy Glenn and Billy Price for the 12th overall pick i would have bitten their hand off. So you cant complain.

ThumbsUp

It's important to remember this. We fixed two spots with one pick.  Rock On
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I think it's funny that we got this rock star O line coach and he takes Price and by all indications he loves Price when he listen tot hem talk about him, yet people are upset. I get Lapham though Ragnow but there were multiple beat writers who thought it was Price all along based on their sources. Everyone will say Ragnow was their #1 Center because that is the group think going around, but there is plenty of evidence that it was Price.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:06 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think it's funny that we got this rock star O line coach and he takes Price and by all indications he loves Price when he listen tot hem talk about him, yet people are upset. I get Lapham though Ragnow but there were multiple beat writers who thought it was Price all along based on their sources. Everyone will say Ragnow was their #1 Center because that is the group think going around, but there is plenty of evidence that it was Price.

A bunch of random people on a message board obviously know better than the coach who put together the best Oline in the league lol

Reply/Quote

Which is why he Started all four years at Ohio St. Not Arkansas, not Iowa. Rimington award winner for College Football’s best Center & Two time All American who can play all 3 interior Oline positions.

But yeah he will be average, good call
Reply/Quote
Price fits there is no doubt about it. It's looking more and more like the Bengals weakness last year (offensive line) could very well be a strength in 2018.

Who Dey.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The commitment to keeping Andy Dalton clean is real. Everyone should be sending thank you cards to the front office, yet we still have people crying around. Daniels must not fit what pollack wants to do and price wouldn’t have been there at 46 people. Can’t make everyone happy I suppose.

Reply/Quote
I like the pick. A lot. And I see this pick as a continuation of front office actions that make this off-season one of the franchise's best so far. Keep it going, Mike, Duke and Marvin!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote