Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you be interested in Josh Gordon?
Would you be interested in Josh Gordon in a trade or picking him up as a free agent?

I'd definitely look at it if he's shown that he's clear and wants to just get back to playing football and not the off the field stuff.

He was a top 5 receiver before his suspension/dilemma.

Imagine a pre-suspension Gordon and A.J. Green, the best WR duo in the game.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 11:17 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Would you be interested in Josh Gordon in a trade or picking him up as a free agent?

I'd definitely look at it if he's shown that he's clear and wants to just get back to playing football and not the off the field stuff.

I honestly thought the Bengals were moving away from picking up knuckleheads....until I heard Mike Brown openly give support for Adam Jones.
Nothing would surprise me at this point.
Gordon will be 26 this coming season, so he's not as old as I thought.

An interesting trade would be Gordon and mid-to-late rounder for McCarron? Browns would get a QB upgrade and the Bengals could get a big upgrade at WR.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 11:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I honestly thought the Bengals were moving away from picking up knuckleheads....until I heard Mike Brown openly give support for Adam Jones.

An interesting trade would be Gordon and mid-to-late rounder for McCarron? Browns would get a QB upgrade and the Bengals could get a big upgrade at WR.

2nd and Gordon for McCarron & 5th compensation pick?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Might as well, we already have Pacman.....prolly draft a woman beater at RB......maybe we can get Jerome Simpson back to supply Gordon's habit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 11:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I honestly thought the Bengals were moving away from picking up knuckleheads....until I heard Mike Brown openly give support for Adam Jones.

Exactly.  I keep seeing reports that the Bengals are serious about Mixon, so why not add Gordon and have a complete misfit crew.  If they trade McCarron, they'll need a backup quarterback, so bring in Manziel since he and Gordon are good friends?  They have experience as room mates, so Mike could save on a room during training camp.  Does anyone know if Ray Caruth comes up for parole anytime soon?

Rather than the Senior Bowl and combine, perhaps they could start scouting guys from the California Penal League?  "With the 38th pick in the 2018 NFL draft, the Cincinnati Bengals take Ray Ray Smith out of Folsom State... umm, Folsom State Penitentiary"??
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 11:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: Might as well, we already have Pacman.....prolly draft a woman beater at RB......maybe we can get Jerome Simpson back to supply Gordon's habit.

Was just thinking the same thing lol
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 11:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: Might as well, we already have Pacman.....prolly draft a woman beater at RB......maybe we can get Jerome Simpson back to supply Gordon's habit.

And to quote Mike Brown, "Jerome has made some mistakes, but who hasn't... and after all, he has a child to support, so I've made the decision to give him unfettered access to our locker room as a 'special' assistant" Ninja
Reply/Quote
Eifert, Smith, Pacman, Burfict, Gordon.

For the 2-3 games we would (hopefully) get to play with everyone healthy and not suspended, we would be amazing... and then we'd as good as their backups.
Reply/Quote
Gordon is done he hasn't touched an NFL field in how long?

Pass 1000 times.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 11:17 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Would you be interested in Josh Gordon in a trade or picking him up as a free agent?

With Josh Gordon, Adam Jones and drafting Mixon we could be back to the old Bengal ways.
Reply/Quote
Why not? Let's just become a team full of problem players again. It's worked so well in the past. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
If he is clean and actually clean, I don't see why not. Great receiver.
Reply/Quote
Here's a thought: why not reward the stand-up guys you never hear about, instead of touting the ones who are always getting publicity for all the wrong reasons? I'm really tired of all these troublemakers getting so much consideration, no matter how good, young, and/or dumb they are.
Reply/Quote
Why sign him just so he can piss dirty again and be suspended for another season???
Reply/Quote
The 4 games we get with him would be fun
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 12:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why sign him just so he can piss dirty again and be suspended for another season???

Yo don't have to pay for him if he is suspended 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 12:17 PM)snowy Wrote: Here's a thought: why not reward the stand-up guys you never hear about, instead of touting the ones who are always getting publicity for all the wrong reasons? I'm really tired of all these troublemakers getting so much consideration, no matter how good, young, and/or dumb they are.

Could you pass a drug test?
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 12:39 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Could you pass a drug test?

That is a moot point.  Gordon knows that he will be tested on a regular basis, knows that his livelihood depends on his ability to pass those tests, and continues to fail them.  It's not a moral question, it is a matter of not being able to count on him to be available.
Reply/Quote
TheUberHuber Wrote:Could you pass a drug test?

The only drugs that'll show up in my system are the typical old folks drugs that most any 60 year old granny would take. Besides, I always pee on my hand when I try to pee in a cup. Glad you asked, sonny boy Cool
Reply/Quote