Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you help the Bengals build a new stadium?
(12-15-2021, 02:58 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm not IN Ohio.. I'm staying with the Bengals / Burrow where ever they go.  Born and raised in stealer country and chose to be a Bengals fan  at 8 years old , even with the anger of my Dad lol... It's ride or Die for me. Even if they change the name. I hope that doesn't Happen and I prefer them to stay in Cincy... I don't want anything changed if possible, but either way, I'm staying with this team...

Mike Brown has proven it doesn't work in Cincy. It would be a Browns to Ravens to Superbowl quickly, thing.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We've been over this though.  Pittsburgh and Green Bay aren't the sprawling markets that Chicago and NYC are, but they get their fans and their coverage.

The Bengals don't have half the fans across the country that the Pack and Stealers do.. Winning will do that for you...
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Mike Brown has proven it doesn't work in Cincy. It would be a Browns to Ravens to Superbowl quickly, thing.

If you could guarantee that.. I'd be all for it lol..
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:19 PM)Tony Wrote: If you could guarantee that.. I'd be all for it lol..

No guarantee of course, but I think we can assume the process would be accelerated. Lol.

The San Antonio Riders
The Portland Coffee Beans
The Ann Arbor Artisans
The Orlando Palms

Ain't no way you can beat the Artisans, they're stacked with Burrow, Mixon, a generous amount of talent on the o-line. They will flatten the defense into a tapestry.

Come stay for a while with the Coffee Beans. They usually start off hot and end up cold, but that is OK because they are known for getting up 28-0 in the 1st half.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:18 PM)Tony Wrote: The Bengals don't have half the fans across the country that the Pack and Stealers do.. Winning will do that for you...

Right, it's about winning in that case, not the market size.  Especially in the digital age, you make your own market if you know what's good for ya.  Not every team can be in NY or Chicago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:31 PM)Tony Wrote: They wouldn't,  they have been horrible and the whipping boy of the league for so long... I guess they need these teams though. They can't all be a big market pushed team..

"Horrible" and "whipping boy" are subjective, I guess.

The Bengals have made the playoffs 5 times in the past decade and 7 times across the two decades.
They won the division 3 times.
10 seasons in the past 20, the Bengals have been .500 or better.

Meanwhile, here's the Browns:
2 seasons making playoffs across 2 decades (1 of which was last year).
Haven't been division champs during that entire span.
Only 3 times in the past two decades have they been .500 or better.

As for market though, the location doesn't really matter nowadays.
People will root for whoever is winning.
With technology today, anyone can watch any team for every game.

If the Bengals were to move though, there's a good chance they'd get put in a different division, as the location will likely be in a different state far from Ohio.
If it was somewhere south (likely), I could see either the Colts or Titans being put into the AFC North with the Bengals being moved to the AFC South.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:21 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: No guarantee of course, but I think we can assume the process would be accelerated. Lol.

The San Antonio Riders
The Ann Arbor Artisans
The Orlando Palms

Ain't no way you can beat the Artisans, they're stacked with Burrow, Mixon, a generous amount of talent on the o-line. They will flatten the defense into a tapestry.

Come stay for a while with the Coffee Beans. They usually start off hot and end up cold, but that is OK because they are known for getting up 28-0 in the 1st half.

If they go to Portland I'm out.. That place is a hell hole...
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Right, it's about winning in that case, not the market size.  Especially in the digital age, you make your own market if you know what's good for ya.  Not every team can be in NY or Chicago.

I will say, My hope is they stay in Cincinnati,  I've loved the Bengals so much I always wanted to move there, and still think about it. My luck, I'd move and they would move lol..
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We've been over this though.  Pittsburgh and Green Bay aren't the sprawling markets that Chicago and NYC are, but they get their fans and their coverage.

Good point dude, but I suppose they also have a status as presumed model NFL franchises so maybe they are outliers?
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:21 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: No guarantee of course, but I think we can assume the process would be accelerated. Lol.

The San Antonio Riders
The Ann Arbor Artisans
The Orlando Palms

I dig it, but assume the Lions don't want their market share taken up by Artisans football.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 04:06 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I dig it, but assume the Lions don't want their market share taken up by Artisans football.

There could be 50 teams in Michigan, but the Lion's share of losing will always happen in Detroit.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 04:04 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Good point dude, but I suppose they also have a status as presumed model NFL franchises so maybe they are outliers?

Right, this stuff doesn't happen overnight (much like our league-leading playoff win drought....) and the journey of a thousand miles must start with getting off the couch, or something to that effect. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 04:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There could be 50 teams in Michigan, but the Lion's share of losing will always happen in Detroit.

[Image: i_see_what_you_did_there.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote