Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you help the Bengals build a new stadium?
We'd have to see what Mike Brown is threatening. Is he threatening to move the team? If so, where? What county will give them a new, state of the art stadium in a way that Hamilton county will not?

If they had a deal in place to move somewhere and we'd no longer be able to see Bengals games, I'd be more pressed to meet their demands than if they had no plan.
Reply/Quote
If I was a Cincinnati resident, the Bengals either gotta get multiple playoff appearances or a playoff win over the next few years for me to consider helping the Bengals build a new stadium in 2026.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:18 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This thread makes me wonder, if the Bengals ever did leave Cincinnati/Ohio/the region for a place like San Antonio, how many of us would still follow the team? Would we be like Raider nation and root them on or would a detachment from the hometown area make people move on from the NFL or seek out a new team? I don't think the NFL would ever give Cincinnati a replacement franchise.

If you're a Raiders fan around here, you might have been a little sad that they left Oakland, but you were probably also excited at the prospect of going to Vegas one day to see your team play.  So, outside of fans living in/near Oakland, I bet the majority of Raiders fans had no issue with it or were excited about the move and new stadium.  

They have always been the Cincinnati Bengals.  They were the local team and on tv, and that's what first attracted me to them as a kid.  I've been to a couple hundred games at both Riverfront and PBS in my life, and watch every away game on tv faithfully, season after season, and regardless of the team's record.  I have jerseys and sweatshirts and jackets and special cold weather gear for games.  I believe I will always root for the Cincinnati Bengals.

Having said that, if they ever leave here, they're dead to me.  The St. Louis or San Diego or San Antonio Bengals would be cordially invited by me to go **** themselves.  I've been a Lions fan since the '80s, so I'd probably just transition to them full time.  The lack of playoff wins would be a soft landing.  And I would never become a fan of the Browns or Steelers.  I would root for them, however, each time they play the wherever-the-hell-they-go Bengals.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If I was a Cincinnati resident, the Bengals either gotta get multiple playoff appearances or a playoff win over the next few years for me to consider helping the Bengals build a new stadium in 2026.

Come on, who doesn't drive better in a brand new sports car?  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 09:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Always the ray of sunshine.... Hilarious

I live in PA idc where they go as long as they are the Bengals... if it does for them what it did for the ravens getting out of the shithole Cleveland,  I'm all for it..
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:18 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This thread makes me wonder, if the Bengals ever did leave Cincinnati/Ohio/the region for a place like San Antonio, how many of us would still follow the team? Would we be like Raider nation and root them on or would a detachment from the hometown area make people move on from the NFL or seek out a new team? I don't think the NFL would ever give Cincinnati a replacement franchise.

They wouldn't,  they have been horrible and the whipping boy of the league for so long... I guess they need these teams though. They can't all be a big market pushed team..
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Wouldn't people still like Joe Burrow, at least?  I get the frustration, but I can't picture Burrow and San Antonio playing the Steelers and Bengals fans being like "I don't care who wins."

Maybe one the whole team changes ala the Oilers to Titans itd be easier to move on.  But i also can't see the Brown family leaving the Bengals name and history behind. 

I don't remember Browns fans rooting for Baltimore lol..
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 01:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If the Bengals moved to another city, I'd probably quit watching the NFL altogether and go back to watching college ball.

I wish the The Bengals were more like their college team this year... I'm rooting Bearcats all the way and I'm a ND fan and they beat us.. I believe a lot of people are rooting Bearcats... They are the little school underdog ,you wanna see win..
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:35 PM)Tony Wrote: I wish the The Bengals were more like their college team this year... I'm rooting Bearcats all the way and I'm a ND fan and they beat us.. I believe a lot of people are rooting Bearcats... They are the little school underdog ,you wanna see win..

Especially since they're playing Alabama, I'm sure they have a lot of support across the country.  
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I thought this thread was about " buy me a new stadium or im taking the team somewhere with grateful taxpayers who will."  That indicates the Brown family still own the team, no?

San Antonio Pumpkins.  I'd root for them.  Screw it. 

Billy Corgan would be a huge fan.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:32 PM)Tony Wrote: I don't remember Browns fans rooting for Baltimore lol..

HMm, I guess not....I mean, you'd want them to beat the Steelers or wouldn't you because you want the team that left you to fail?

But seriously, if Joe Burrow suits up for San Antonio through no fault of his own we're going to root against him? 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: HMm, I guess not....I mean, you'd want them to beat the Steelers or wouldn't you because you want the team that left you to fail?

But seriously, if Joe Burrow suits up for San Antonio through no fault of his own we're going to root against him? 

likely we wont be paying attention anymore....  Only games i watch are bengals games if there are no more bengals games i wont be watching.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hopefully it would be shaped like a giant penis.

Oh Lawt, Brad would start a 100 page thread on how magnificent it was..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh Lawt, Brad would start a 100 page thread on how magnificent it was..... Hilarious

He would also point out it's still not as big as Andy's.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:37 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Especially since they're playing Alabama, I'm sure they have a lot of support across the country.  

They have my full support... Tons of people here in PA rooting Bearcats...
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:31 PM)Tony Wrote: They wouldn't,  they have been horrible and the whipping boy of the league for so long... I guess they need these teams though. They can't all be a big market pushed team..

I haven't thought to look at it from the lens. The NFL needs teams in smaller markets for the big boys of the league to own. Kind of an ESPN like perspective of MLB: if you watch the channel you might think only NY, Boston, and LA matter.

Oh well, I hope this is a nonissue and the city and team have a healthy agreement to keep the Bengals in Cincinnati for the long run.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: HMm, I guess not....I mean, you'd want them to beat the Steelers or wouldn't you because you want the team that left you to fail?

I'm not IN Ohio.. I'm staying with the Bengals / Burrow where ever they go.  Born and raised in stealer country and chose to be a Bengals fan  at 8 years old , even with the anger of my Dad lol... It's ride or Die for me. Even if they change the name. I hope that doesn't Happen and I prefer them to stay in Cincy... I don't want anything changed if possible, but either way, I'm staying with this team...
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:55 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I haven't thought to look at it from the lens. The NFL needs teams in smaller markets for the big boys of the league to own. Kind of an ESPN like perspective of MLB: if you watch the channel you might think only NY, Boston, and LA matter.

Oh well, I hope this is a nonissue and the city and team have a healthy agreement to keep the Bengals in Cincinnati for the long run.

We've been over this though.  Pittsburgh and Green Bay aren't the sprawling markets that Chicago and NYC are, but they get their fans and their coverage.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh Lawt, Brad would start a 100 page thread on how magnificent it was..... Hilarious

I mean... would it be, though? Stadiums are like 300 yards wide and 100 yards tall.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

I have a putting green in my backyard, and I couldn't get the design right. The jack nichlaus company did like 40 designs I think, at the end I gave up. I think they did too. When I take a drone picture of it, the design is a big dick.
Reply/Quote