Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(01-29-2021, 05:23 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Do they really though?

They've had winning seasons 6 of the last 8 years.  They've won their division 6 times in the last 10 years.  They've advanced past the Wildcard round 4 times over those 10 years (something we haven't done in 30 years).

I'm not going to deny that Bill O'Brien didn't do a number on that roster with his moves he made from 2019 and on.  But I really don't think you can point to their entire front office structure and claim they're uniquely inept, to the point of making us look like the "gold standard", based on 2 years of piss-poor moves by a Coach/GM that they parted ways with.

They just hired a guy who was the Patriots Director of Personnel for the last 10 years, one of the best 10 years runs you'll ever find in this league.  They have a front office, including the GM and scouting department, that currently shows to be 19 deep (I believe ours is around 5 or 6)  They have a indoor facility.  etc. etc. etc.

I'm sorry, we don't make any front office look like the gold standard.  Our entire front office is a proven failure and an absolute joke.  What crazy is just how quickly things with south for Watson in a situation like that and how here nothing ever changes.  Ever.

So you aren't willing to bet that the Texans won't win a playoff game between now and 2051?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The point is the Bengals are very low on the list who would think about trading for Watson. Nothing in Mike Brown history suggests he's going to trade his shiny new toy.

This thread is likely valid for 25 other teams but the Bengals aren't one of them.

I guess I'll step out now of this thread of 12 pages.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 09:26 PM)QueenCity Wrote: The point is the Bengals are very low on the list who would think about trading for Watson. Nothing in Mike Brown history suggests he's going to trade his shiny new toy.

This thread is likely valid for 25 other teams but the Bengals aren't one of them.

I guess I'll step out now of this thread of 12 pages.

It just won't be the same without you. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Was listening to Freddie and Fitz on ESPN radio tonight and they were talking about the teams that should be interested in trading for Watson. They went through each division and came up with 15. We were obviously not one of them. They very quickly moved past us, Cleveland, and Baltimore. They kind of paused on Pittsburgh, but I’m not sure if they actually put them in the final group or not. That’s a terrifying thought btw.

Obviously it’s just sports talk radio, but it was an unbiased and non “homer” take from a couple guys that have no connection to Burrow or the Bengals in general.

The more I think about it Miami might make the most sense. They have the draft capital plus Tua to package together. If they were actually determined to land Watson I’m not sure anyone would be able to beat their offer.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 11:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK how to do a sig. Holic has done them for me.

I'm an amateur but i got bored and tried this.

[Image: pbs-at-night.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 02:16 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm an amateur but i got bored and tried this.

Pratt looks old enough to be Tee’s dad lol

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 02:16 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm an amateur but i got bored and tried this.

[Image: 56576761.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 03:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ...

Isn't this like your 8th Young Guns sig, Bfine? I feel like we've surpassed 2. Lol

Also starting to be some real depressing choices on there. Pratt, a LT who has played 10 games in 2 years, and a DE coming off a 2 sack season. Oof

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 05:03 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Isn't this like your 8th Young Guns sig, Bfine? I feel like we've surpassed 2. Lol

Also starting to be some real depressing choices on there. Pratt, a LT who has played 10 games in 2 years, and a DE coming off a 2 sack season. Oof

Logan Wilson could be a candidate. Hell, I already like him more than Pratt tbh. Whoever we pick at #5 should be a stud, and go right on there. That’s at least a couple more new faces to go along with Burrow and Tee.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 05:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Logan Wilson could be a candidate. Hell, I already like him more than Pratt tbh. Whoever we pick at #5 should be a stud, and go right on there. That’s at least a couple more new faces to go along with Burrow and Tee.

Burrow/Higgins/Bates

Sewell or Chase

I think Phillips has a real chance at stepping up big time in 2021.

Maybe someone they take in the 2nd or 3rd round, because I can't for the life of me think of a 6th who's young and worthy. Maybe keep Hubbard on there and hope the 2 sack season was an oddity to never be repeated?

I'm not really sold on any of the LBs. It might be Lou's scheme, but I just don't hold much hope for any of them.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 05:03 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Isn't this like your 8th Young Guns sig, Bfine? I feel like we've surpassed 2. Lol

Well I gotta have 6.

Maybe I'll change it up to MASH:

DJ Reeder
Trae Waynes
Jonah Williams
Joe Mixon
Joe Burrow
Geno Atkins

Reply/Quote

I'm beginning to think he should ditch the whole thing all together.

New Damn Dey Baby !!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 11:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I gotta have 6.

DJ Reeder
Trae Waynes
Jonah Williams
Joe Mixon
Joe Burrow
Geno Atkins

I've got one for ya....

[Image: 1iwehtgfaskl.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 11:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I gotta have 6.

DJ Reeder
Trae Waynes
Jonah Williams
Joe Mixon
Joe Burrow
Geno Atkins

The Walking Dead?

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 05:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Limping Walking Dead?

ThumbsUp
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Read about what the local ESPN Houston Sport radio personalities think of the Texans FO, the DW issues, where the Texans are in general and their collective opinion on who has the draft capitol to actually make the trade, regardless of the teams that have interest.  So regardless of "15 teams that have interest", if the Texans behave like a real FO, there's really only two teams (the Bengals aren't one of them, regardless of Burrow) that could pay the price for a Franchise QB in his prime, and under contract for the next 4 years.

https://houston.sportsmap.com/nfl/

Summary:
Texans FO - is the worst in the league and inept with Cal McNair being the worst owner in the league (yay!  Mike Brown isn't at the bottom!)
Jack Easterby is a Cancer - and was the real orchestrater of the Watkins, Clowney and Brown trades - not Bill O'Brian
Deshaun Watson - is being driven out of town by Jack Easterby just like the three above if he remains in control.
Trading DW - If the new GM is in control, Watkins won't be traded; If the owner forces a trade and the new GM negotiates it, only two teams have the draft capitol to trade for him (Jets and Dolphins); if Jack Easterby stays in control, any team can have DW for 5 Campbell soup labels.

Be sure to click on the Jim Rome rant about the Texans - it is spot on with what the local ESPN guys have been saying for months
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 12:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Was listening to Freddie and Fitz on ESPN radio tonight and they were talking about the teams that should be interested in trading for Watson. They went through each division and came up with 15. We were obviously not one of them. They very quickly moved past us, Cleveland, and Baltimore. They kind of paused on Pittsburgh, but I’m not sure if they actually put them in the final group or not. That’s a terrifying thought btw.

Obviously it’s just sports talk radio, but it was an unbiased and non “homer” take from a couple guys that have no connection to Burrow or the Bengals in general.

The more I think about it Miami might make the most sense. They have the draft capital plus Tua to package together. If they were actually determined to land Watson I’m not sure anyone would be able to beat their offer.

Well after seeing what it looks like the Rams are giving up for Stafford... I'd say the Bengals are waaaay out of it, Mikey covets those picks like McScrooge counts $$$. 

Stafford for Geoff and  ...

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero is reporting that the Lions will receive LA’s 2021 third-round pick, as well as LA’s first round picks in 2022 and 2023.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 02:45 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well after seeing what it looks like the Rams are giving up for Stafford... I'd say the Bengals are waaaay out of it, Mikey covets those picks like McScrooge counts $$$. 

Stafford for Geoff and  ...

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero is reporting that the Lions will receive LA’s 2021 third-round pick, as well as LA’s first round picks in 2022 and 2023.

That has to be the worst trade in 30 years.

Stafford is 32. Two 1sts, a 3rd, & Goff is absurd.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 06:09 AM)PDub80 Wrote: That has to be the worst trade in 30 years.

I went to two other websites when I first saw it and thought I misunderstood it. Even a straight up trade I didn't see it being correct. I see a firing looking back at this deal in three years.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 06:09 AM)PDub80 Wrote: That has to be the worst trade in 30 years.

(01-31-2021, 12:26 PM)Destro Wrote: I went to two other websites when I first saw it and thought I misunderstood it. Even a straight up trade I didn't see it being correct. I see a firing looking back at this deal in three years.

LA was just trying to get rid of the contract; similar to what the Texans did with Oswielter a few years ago. They were at a point where they were starting a dude from the Alliance of American Football over him. Although the cap savings is only about $11 Mil, they have options with Stafford including releasing him. They can also restructure and give him another year. They had no such options with Goff

Also, the Rams are not a team that builds through the draft. The last time they had a first rd draft pick was 2016. Ironically enough, they drafted Goff.  

if anybody's getting (got) fired it was the dude that gave Goff his contract.

Reply/Quote