Poll: Would you make the trade
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Would you trade Burrow for Watson
(01-28-2021, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Reported that DW has made an official trade request.

JB and #5OA and he can be in stripes.....maybe.

Source?

Out of the three teams he's been linked to, I haven't seen the bengals on the list.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
143 votes to 10..... time to lock this thread!

JB is our QB
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 12:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Reported that DW has made an official trade request.

JB and #5OA and he can be in stripes.....maybe.

Ain't happ'nin, Cap'n.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 12:19 AM)Benton Wrote: Source?

Out of the three teams he's been linked to, I haven't seen the bengals on the list.

Lots of sources suggesting DW's value is 3 1st rounders. Which one do you want me to link? 
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/deshaun-watson-worth-least-three-first-round-picks-trade-says-nfl-exec?b
I suggested JB and #5OA would meet that requirement.

He's been linked to a good number of teams (many more than 3) and will continue to do so. Many are saying "If you don't have Mahomes, you're in the DW market". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 12:26 AM)QueenCity Wrote: 143 votes to 10..... time to lock this thread!

JB is our QB
Don't know if that says more about the 10 or the 143; regardless, why would it be time to lock the thread? Especially now that it's been made public DW has requested a trade.

(01-29-2021, 12:29 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ain't happ'nin, Cap'n.

Most likely not. The Texans would never go for JB for DW straight up.

If I were to lay odds; I'd say it's Darnold, #2OA, #23OA, and something next year.

Teams are going to morgage the franchise for DW. 

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 12:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't know if that says more about the 10 or the 143; regardless, why would it be time to lock the thread? Especially now that it's been made public DW has requested a trade.

Perhaps the title needs to change then to discuss Watsons future.

Bengals trading Burrow for Watson is Nil. Also it makes me sick that fans would really want that to happen. 

Ohio kid who showed the world he's going to be legit. 

Texans would have to give me 3 future 1st round picks + Watson and Watts to pick up the phone.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 12:57 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Perhaps the title needs to change then to discuss Watsons future.

Bengals trading Burrow for Watson is Nil. Also it makes me sick that fans would really want that to happen. 

Ohio kid who showed the world he's going to be legit. 

Texans would have to give me 3 future 1st round picks + Watson and Watts to pick up the phone.

Of those 143 I wonder how many curse the Brown's for holding on to players/coaches because they feel a bond or choose hope over results?

Doubt you'll be getting many FO interviews, but you're a fanatic. 

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 12:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Teams are going to morgage the franchise for DW. 

Yep. Someone(s) will. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Since the Bengals aren't in the the mix, why is this still in JN?
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 02:18 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Since the Bengals aren't in the the mix, why is this still in JN?

A. Folks ran out of ways to "creatively" start Fire Zac Threads

B. We needed a page break from the Our oline sux threads

C. Because it's the off season, current news, and is something to discuss/debate

D. Because Mods no longer have the ability to move threads

E. Because folks like Mike M (who even knew there was one) continue to post in it

F. Covid

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 02:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: A. Folks ran out of ways to "creatively" start Fire Zac Threads

B. We needed a page break from the Our oline sux threads

C. Because it's the off season, current news, and is something to discuss/debate

D. Because Mods no longer have the ability to move threads

E. Because folks like Mike M (who even knew there was one) continue to post in it

F. Covid

On an unrelated note, why haven’t you got Tee some Bengals gear in that sig yet? It bothers my OCD lol

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 03:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: On an unrelated note, why haven’t you got Tee some Bengals gear in that sig yet? It bothers my OCD lol

IDK how to do a sig. Holic has done them for me.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 01:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of those 143 I wonder how many curse the Brown's for holding on to players/coaches because they feel a bond or choose hope over results?

Doubt you'll be getting many FO interviews, but you're a fanatic. 

Obviously that trade would be stupid for the Texans to do.

I just think Burrow will be on Watsons level sooner than later. If anything you'd just be trading QB's to be slightly better next year.

The comment on holding on to players does not apply to 1-2nd year players. It's the ones that showed no improvement after 3 years in the league. Not sure how that relates to Burrow as of right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 12:57 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Ohio kid who showed the world he's going to be legit. 

I'm beyond OK with keeping Burrow, but Watson is a year older than him and Watson has already been legit.  Again, not saying I'd toss Burrow out for Watson, but I can see why this thread is a little homer-ish since it's overwhelmingly decided that a QB that could be elite is far preferable to a QB who already is elite.
Reply/Quote
I'm not really sure how this thread is still going, because it's beyond a ridiculous premise. I'm not saying you can't make a case for how it may be the right move, only that of all the teams in the NFL who would take a stab at making this deal we'd be towards the very bottom.

I do wonder though, for anyone that would support this move, I sure hope they never called Carson Palmer a quitter, or ragged on him. Because that would be incedibily hypocritical. Palmer demanded a trade 5 years after he signed his extension. Watson has demanded a trade 5 months after he signed his extension. Just saying...
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 03:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm not really sure how this thread is still going, because it's beyond a ridiculous premise. I'm not saying you can't make a case for how it may be the right move, only that of all the teams in the NFL who would take a stab at making this deal we'd be towards the very bottom.

I do wonder though, for anyone that would support this move, I sure hope they never called Carson Palmer a quitter, or ragged on him. Because that would be incedibily hypocritical. Palmer demanded a trade 5 years after he signed his extension. Watson has demanded a trade 5 months after he signed his extension. Just saying...

To fair to Deshaun, the Texans front office as made ours look like the gold standard of the Nfl. That’s pretty hard to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 03:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm not really sure how this thread is still going, because it's beyond a ridiculous premise.  I'm not saying you can't make a case for how it may be the right move, only that of all the teams in the NFL who would take a stab at making this deal we'd be towards the very bottom.

I do wonder though, for anyone that would support this move, I sure hope they never called Carson Palmer a quitter, or ragged on him.  Because that would be incedibily hypocritical.  Palmer demanded a trade 5 years after he signed his extension.  Watson has demanded a trade 5 months after he signed his extension.  Just saying...

Because, like you, people are posting in it.

As to the topic. There's a former GM on Sirius right now and he stated if you're A GM anywhere other than Buffalo, KC, or Baltimore and you don't at least make the call to Houston to inquire; you're putting your job at risk.

Who knows maybe Mikey won't make the call and DW goes for reasonable compensation, then Mikey fires himself from being GM.

Also: I probably wouldn't trade JB for the Buffalo QB and I damn sure wouldn't trade him for Lamar.

Reply/Quote
It looks like the Texans are gonna try to make Watson blink. They might even go after his signing bonus if he refuses to play.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 03:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: To fair to Deshaun, the Texans front office as made ours look like the gold standard of the Nfl.  That’s pretty hard to do

I think folks are trying a little too hard to link the two. All we know to date is the Texans have made it known that DW wants to be traded. We must see how DW reacts to the team's stated desire not to trade him.

Sorta like how I call assert CP9 turned punk when he demanded a trade and the team said no, so he took his ball and deserted his team in the middle of a lock out. However, Boomer also demanded a trade; but Mikey asked him for a year to groom his replacement and Boomer agreed.

So I can applaud Boomer and curse CP9 for their actions. Just as DW hasn't done anything to date to make me curse his actions.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 03:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: To fair to Deshaun, the Texans front office as made ours look like the gold standard of the Nfl.  That’s pretty hard to do

Do they really though?

They've had winning seasons 6 of the last 8 years.  They've won their division 6 times in the last 10 years.  They've advanced past the Wildcard round 4 times over those 10 years (something we haven't done in 30 years).

I'm not going to deny that Bill O'Brien didn't do a number on that roster with his moves he made from 2019 and on.  But I really don't think you can point to their entire front office structure and claim they're uniquely inept, to the point of making us look like the "gold standard", based on 2 years of piss-poor moves by a Coach/GM that they parted ways with.

They just hired a guy who was the Patriots Director of Personnel for the last 10 years, one of the best 10 years runs you'll ever find in this league.  They have a front office, including the GM and scouting department, that currently shows to be 19 deep (I believe ours is around 5 or 6)  They have a indoor facility.  etc. etc. etc.

I'm sorry, we don't make any front office look like the gold standard.  Our entire front office is a proven failure and an absolute joke.  What crazy is just how quickly things with south for Watson in a situation like that and how here nothing ever changes.  Ever.
Reply/Quote