no
31.25%
5 31.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you vote for a Muslim for POTUS?
Would you ever vote for a Muslim for President?

Would he have to jump through any hoops or disavow his religion before you would vote for him?
Depends on his policies
Unless religion is guiding their policies, I don't care about it. I think I know what Sanders and Carson's religions are, but I couldn't even tell you what most candidates' beliefs are.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-07-2015, 01:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Unless religion is guiding their policies, I don't care about it. I think I know what Sanders and Carson's religions are, but I couldn't even tell you what most candidates belief.

This.

If they aren't using it to make policy I'm cool with it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Fred how would you vote?
(11-07-2015, 01:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Depends on his policies

I'm not going to lie, but I don't believe this for a second from you.  I don't have evidence mind you (I guess I could if I wanted to dig through threads, but I have no desire to), I just don't buy it based on your posting history and obvious dislike for Muslims.

I'd be very interested to see who you'd vote for if Muslim ran on the GOP ticket and a Christian ran for the Dems.  I think your head would explode. If it were to happen you might just want to get Wasted
I could vote for a Muslim if his politics seemed in line with mine. I wouldn't hold the Muslim part against him, as long as he wasn't trying to force his religion on others. I'd say the same thing about Christians, Jews, Hindus, Satan Worshippers, etc.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(11-07-2015, 02:38 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I'm not going to lie, but I don't believe this for a second from you.  I don't have evidence mind you (I guess I could if I wanted to dig through threads, but I have no desire to), I just don't buy it based on your posting history and obvious dislike for Muslims.

I'd be very interested to he who you'd vote for if Muslim ran on the GOP ticket and a Christian ran for the Dems.  I think your head would explode. If it were to happen you might just want to get Wasted

Religion isn't as big an issue for me as you think.  At least for my politics.  

If we had a Calvin Coolidge type of candidate who would govern as a conservative.   But he was a Muslim.   I would vote for him.  Because being a conservative isn't about injecting your religion into policy.   That's what progressive GOP candidates do...

I think Islam is wrong but only because I am already with God. I am sure anyone else who believes in their religions would think the same. But I don't begrudge anyone for believing or not believing in anything. My only issue with Islam is that it needs a reformation, which western Muslims agree with for the most part .
(11-07-2015, 02:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Religion isn't as big an issue for me as you think.  At least for my politics.  

If we had a Calvin Coolidge type of candidate who would govern as a conservative.   But he was a Muslim.   I would vote for him.  Because being a conservative isn't about injecting your religion into policy.   That's what progressive GOP candidates do...

No doubt in my mind that the first Muslim nominee would be conservative (it's a very conservative religion) and run on the Republican ticket.  I still think you would find something wrong with them, I'm sure you'd say it wasn't because of their religion, but I'm positive it would be.  Like I said your posting history a lone gives likely evidence.  You can claim otherwise, but I don't buy it.  Let's all be a bit honest here.  Given todays current events, even I would be a bit hesitant to vote for someone of the Muslim faith.  But to be just as honest, I'm just as hesitant to vote for someone that is overly Christian. 
(11-07-2015, 03:08 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: No doubt in my mind that the first Muslim nominee would be conservative (it's a very conservative religion) and run on the Republican ticket.  I still think you would find something wrong with them, I'm sure you'd say it wasn't because of their religion, but I'm positive it would be.  Like I said your posting history a lone gives likely evidence.  You can claim otherwise, but I don't buy it.  Let's all be a bit honest here.  Given todays current events, even I would be a bit hesitant to vote for someone of the Muslim faith.  But to be just as honest, I'm just as hesitant to vote for someone that is overly Christian. 

If religion mattered to me in my candidate I would be supporting Huckabee or Carson.

Instead I am supporting the least religious of all the GOP candidates.

For me religion is a personal thing. I am responsible for my own salvation. I will discuss it of asked, but I won't push it on anyone:

I would not support a Muslim president who wanted to change laws to reflect his religious teachings. But if he wouldn't try that I would be ok. The same can be said for any religion. I don't want women to be oppressed .
(11-07-2015, 03:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If religion mattered to me in my candidate I would be supporting Huckabee or Carson.  

Instead I am supporting the least religious of all the GOP candidates.  

For me religion is a personal thing.  I am responsible for my own salvation.  I will discuss it of asked, but I won't push it on anyone:  

I would not support a Muslim president who wanted to change laws to reflect his religious teachings.    But if he wouldn't try that I would be ok.   The same can be said for any religion.  I don't want women to be oppressed .

Fair enough, it's how I would hope all candidates would handle their religious views.   I don't see a Muslim being elected anytime soon though.
I don't understand why you think I am anti Muslim. It is possible to be highly critical and still not be anti.

I have never said I hate all Muslims. I have been highly critical of many aspects of Islam and its teachings.
(11-07-2015, 03:20 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Fair enough, it's how I would hope all candidates would handle their religious views.   I don't see a Muslim being elected anytime soon though.

Agreed. Honestly at this point I would pretty much do almost anything to get a classic conservative in there.
(11-07-2015, 03:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed.   Honestly at this point I would pretty much do almost anything to get a classic conservative in there.

I have a total political man-crush on Gary Johnson.
(11-07-2015, 03:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have a total political man-crush on Gary Johnson.

I like his policies. His delivery isn't the best which hurts him.

At first I thought that Rubio was going to be conservative candidate of a generation. But then he went progressive. He is back peddling now.
(11-07-2015, 01:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Depends on his policies

Then that is a "yes".

Go ahead and vote.
(11-07-2015, 02:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Fred how would you vote?

I would be willing to vote for a Muslim.
(11-07-2015, 03:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't understand why you think I am anti Muslim?  It is possible to be highly critical and still not be anti.  

I have never said I hate all Muslims.   I have been highly critical of many aspects of Islam and its teachings.

You just answered you're own question. I mean if you're highly critical of something, you're certainly not going to be for it.  If you were indifferent to something, I might agree.  But if you're "highly critical" of something you are more than likely anti.
(11-07-2015, 03:41 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: You just answered you're own question. I mean if you're highly critical of something, you're certainly not going to be for it.  If you were indifferent to something, I might agree.  But if you're "highly critical" of something you are more than likely anti.

If they had a reformation I would have no problems. Because the oppression would be out of the teachings.

I am highly critical of democrats as well. But I have voted for them.

I am suspect of most people and ideas. Better to be cautious initially and feel it out.... Then back off.
Sure I would; however, I am surprised that those that identify as liberal would. Islam pretty much goes against everything they support.

Pretty much my biggest difference with the Muslim faith is Salvation through Jesus
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]