no
31.25%
5 31.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you vote for a Muslim for POTUS?
(11-08-2015, 07:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well we are war with Muslims so that is going to affect that number.  
No, we are at war with Christmas. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-09-2015, 10:18 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, we are at war with Christmas. 

Well at least you left the Christ in Christmas.
(11-09-2015, 11:29 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well at least you left the Christ in Christmas.

[Image: giphy.gif]

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2011/12/the-x-in-xmas-doesnt-take-the-christ-out-of-christmas/

Quote:Myth: “Xmas” is a non-religious name / spelling for “Christmas”.

It turns out, “Xmas” is not a non-religious version of “Christmas”. The “X” is actually indicating the Greek letter “Chi”, which is short for the Greek[Image: Capture.jpg], meaning “Christ”. So “Xmas” and “Christmas” are equivalent in every way except their lettering.

In fact, although writing guides such as those issued by the New York Times; the BBC; The Christian Writer’s Manual of Style; and Oxford Press discourage the use of Xmas in formal writing, at one time, it was a very popular practice, particularly with religious scribes, who are thought to have started the whole “Xmas” thing in the first place. Indeed, the practice of using the symbol “X” in place of Christ’s name has been going on amongst religious scholars for at least 1000 years.

Eventually, this shorthand trick spread to non-religious writings where nearly everywhere “Christ” appeared in a word, the Greek Chi would replace that part of the word. For example, in the 17th and 18th centuries, there are numerous non-religious documents containing instances of “Xine”, which was a common spelling for someone whose name was Christine.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-09-2015, 11:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2011/12/the-x-in-xmas-doesnt-take-the-christ-out-of-christmas/

Feel free to Xmas all you want. We Christmas here.
(11-09-2015, 11:58 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Feel free to Xmas all you want.   We Christmas here.

Feel free to say whatever you want...just stop spreading misinformation and stupid things with no basis in truth. Rock On
(11-09-2015, 11:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I just always viewed the "X" as a tilted Cross, as if Jesus were bending the will of it to reach down to us.
Wub
wow, a quarter of people wouldn't vote for a Muslim. That's better than the 40% of Americans who wouldn't.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-08-2015, 07:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Please continue to tell me what I follow and what I don't follow.

You follow the Ten Commandments.  Where are they found?  You believe in Jesus.  Where are his teachings found?
(11-08-2015, 07:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well we are war with Muslims so that is going to affect that number.  

And you could make a case he has been hard on Christians here domestically .  He never misses a chance to hurt them.

I'm sure you believe we with are at war with Muslims, but we are not at war we a specific religion.  And who is this "we" you're talking about, white man?  Because I sure as hell didn't see your ass overseas.

How has Obama hurt Christians?
(11-08-2015, 10:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's not about belief. 

Hilarious

Religion isn't about belief?  Religion is based upon belief.  Sometime even Lucie out Lucie's himself. 

Quote:It's about what the consequences of non belief should be....

Oh, "non belief" is a belief, genius.  So it is about belief.

Quote:Some believe it should be as violent as possible.

Some believe?  Really?  So we are back to a belief, but it isn't about belief.  If it isn't about belief then why are you bringing up what some believe?

This is your best troll work ever.

(11-08-2015, 10:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes we seem to favor murdering Christians for their religious beliefs.    Great people we are....  

Are we at war with Muslims or Christians?

Quote:Thankfully the Russians are supporting the right side of this fight.

Follow your own advice, move to Russia.

Quote: We on the other hand are supporting evil.  

I thought we war at war with Muslims?

Quote:Kurds are good people as well.  At least they understand the current problem in the world.  They at least are moderates.

Not possible because as you have repeatedly stated everyone from the Middle East is a savage.  Additionally, the majority of Kurds are Muslim and according to you we are at war with them.

Damn, "your" on a roll!
Ah ..... The usual breech spamming of a thread making sure to chronical my post history.

Thanks for all the attention.
(11-09-2015, 08:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ah .....  The usual breech spamming of a thread making sure to chronical my post history.  

Thanks for all the attention.

I don't get to spend as much time on here as you do.  Playing catch up.  Stop stalking me.  Cry Cry Cry Cry
(11-09-2015, 08:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Religion isn't about belief?  Religion is based upon belief.  

I don't mean to step inbetween yours and Lucie's "discussion," but I just wanted to point out that while religion is indeed based upon belief, it really isn't about belief. Religion is really about one's relationship with God and one's relationship with others.

That's not to say that people haven't perverted religion throughout the years or done horrible things because of religion. Just that the purpose of religion is to have a certain standard for someone's relationship to God and his or her relationship to other people.
(11-10-2015, 05:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't mean to step inbetween yours and Lucie's "discussion," but I just wanted to point out that while religion is indeed based upon belief, it really isn't about belief. Religion is really about one's relationship with God and one's relationship with others.

That's not to say that people haven't perverted religion throughout the years or done horrible things because of religion. Just that the purpose of religion is to have a certain standard for someone's relationship to God and his or her relationship to other people.

I like that definition.  Thank you.
(11-10-2015, 05:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: I like that definition.  Thank you.

You're welcome.

I have a habit of telling people I don't have a religion, I have a relationship (with God). Obviously, I have a religion, but it helps me to think of it in those terms and allows me to understand what are God's commands and what are things my religion thinks I need to do.
(11-10-2015, 05:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't mean to step inbetween yours and Lucie's "discussion," but I just wanted to point out that while religion is indeed based upon belief, it really isn't about belief. Religion is really about one's relationship with God and one's relationship with others.

If you don't have the belief then there isn't a relationship for it to be about.

Anyway, my answer was in context to LaLaLucie's post.
(11-11-2015, 03:49 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you don't have the belief then there isn't a relationship for it to be about.

Anyway, my answer was in context to LaLaLucie's post.

I wasn't so much responding to you as taking something you said and expanding on it.