Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
YOUR FIRST PLACE CINCINNATI BENGALS!!!
This team is young and is learning along with the head coach..
I think given the proper play calling and the talent up and down the roster they contend with any team
To me its the coaching staff recognizing when momentum is ours and taking the chances at those times in the game
Reply/Quote
Browns don't scare me just because this season even Detroit beat Arizona. It means that every team is too unpredictable. Stains clobbered us last time, but we might just clobber them..
I still think the league steers things or to put it more bluntly they rig the seasons to maximize profits for watchability ..Bengals are every bit as watchable as the stains and the rats.. Joe Borrow is a league darling. A lot of people are going to want to see him win more so than Whatsisface in Cleveland..Bengals might be a small market, but Joe makes them a bigger market. The guys been sacked as much as any QB in the league coming off a terrible knee injury and still among the league leaders in passing. That's a hell of a compelling story line the league can exploit for fans to tune in to watch regardless of what team they root for.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:01 AM)grampahol Wrote: Browns don't scare me just because this season even Detroit beat Arizona. It means that every team is too unpredictable. Stains clobbered us last time, but we might just clobber them..
I still think the league steers things or to put it more bluntly they rig the seasons to maximize profits for watchability ..Bengals are every bit as watchable as the stains and the rats.. Joe Borrow is a league darling. A lot of people are going to want to see him win more so than Whatsisface in Cleveland..Bengals might be a small market, but Joe makes them a bigger market. The guys been sacked as much as any QB in the league coming off a terrible knee injury and still among the league leaders in passing. That's a hell of a compelling story line the league can exploit for fans to tune in to watch regardless of what team they root for.. 

Now win games and fill the stadium and The NFL will get on board..
Its a show me league and billion dollar business
This team has to earn it more than most
Reply/Quote
What we saw yesterday is not only Denver's very good Defense, but a Burrow who doesn't want to throw picks (that should be the gameplan every week but was likely especially so this week based on his press conference). They played it safe basically the whole game.

Burrow leading the league in picks and sacks, hopefully it doesn't end the year that way.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 06:32 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What we saw yesterday is not only Denver's very good Defense, but a Burrow who doesn't want to throw picks (that should be the gameplan every week but was likely especially so this week based on his press conference). They played it safe basically the whole game.

Burrow leading the league in picks and sacks, hopefully it doesn't end the year that way.

Well he’s gone 2 weeks without a Pick. I feel like that’s a record this year for him.
Reply/Quote
Fun fact:

Minus the 2 losses to the Bengals, the Steelers would be ...

W L T
7 - 4 - 1 = .6250

How's that for a lousy team.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 09:30 PM)Trademark Wrote: What a roller coaster of a season. Bengals are back in first place in the AFC North! WHO DEY!!!!! Please beat the Browns, Raiders!

This is amazing!  I think they will knock off Baltimore and then be on such a high that they take down the Chiefs.  Then, they will be able to rest their starters in week 17 against the Browns and have, essentially, a bye before the playoffs!

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 09:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: Head to Head is the first tiebreaker.

Not when there are three teams tied.  
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 09:42 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Maybe you havent checked the calendar but there are 5 more games  still.  Not only that, but the ravens are only behind the bengals via the head to head..... with the second matchup looming

Five?  Uh, more like 3?  
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 10:01 PM)Joelist Wrote: If the Raiders beat the Stains Monday then it goes like this. Bengals beat the Rats and Packers beat the Stains next week and the Bengals cannot be caught by the Rats (2 game lead with 2 left and they own the tiebreakers) and the Browns would likewise be 2 out with 2 to play but they currently have the tiebreaker. What this WOULD produce would be the Bengals would lock the division by a win against KC no matter what anyone else does. 

If the Bengals win next week they would have a one game lead over the Ratbirds with two games to go.  Bengals lose out (which won't happen) and Rats win out (which also won't happen) and the Rats would win the division.  

Right now, it is beat the Rats, hope Cleveland continues to slide and let the pig ride this fantasy that the NFL is trying to keep all the fat losers at their TV and using their welfare checks on steelers gear.  

Sorry, that is kind of mean.  No, then again, I am not sorry.  
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:01 AM)grampahol Wrote: Browns don't scare me just because this season even Detroit beat Arizona. It means that every team is too unpredictable. Stains clobbered us last time, but we might just clobber them..

With the internet, you can make it into the biggest, most popular, money making market in the world, but thank goodness for Mike Brown.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 06:32 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What we saw yesterday is not only Denver's very good Defense, but a Burrow who doesn't want to throw picks (that should be the gameplan every week but was likely especially so this week based on his press conference). They played it safe basically the whole game.

Yes I was happy to see Joe learn from his mistakes and learn when to take a sack or slide. That was beautiful
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:29 AM)Trademark Wrote: Yes I was happy to see Joe learn from his mistakes and learn when to take a sack or slide. That was beautiful

There were at least two times when Joe B took off and ran for it on a long third down. The final score doesn't look too spectacular, but the Bengals did everything they needed to do to win; get ahead, control the clock, CATCH PUNTS, make smart throws, and play tough defense. One of my best TD dances of the year happened on that beautiful play to Tyler. Can't we all just enjoy a tough, hard-fought victory?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 12:17 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well shit I’m going to have to give myself a timeout because I declared a lot of people wrong. I see now it is head to head winning percentage among the games played between the teams that are tied. We are.500, the Browns are .667 and Ravens .333. My apologies.

Aren't we 3-1 against the division currently?  Beat Pitt twice, Baltimore once, lost to the Browns.  That would be .750
Reply/Quote
I guess we should enjoy the week while it lasts....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 09:54 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Aren't we 3-1 against the division currently?  Beat Pitt twice, Baltimore once, lost to the Browns.  That would be .750

It looks like you only count the games played among the tied so the wins against Pittsburgh don't count.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Our chances to be in first must increased tremendously, Nick Mullens is starting today
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 09:30 PM)Trademark Wrote: What a roller coaster of a season. Bengals are back in first place in the AFC North! WHO DEY!!!!! Please beat the Browns, Raiders!

Thank You for staying FOCUSED on The Big Picture.  FIRST PLACE.  Not the draft, not what's wrong with this or that.  BENGALS ARE BACK IN FIRST PLACE. 

I'll add that what happens now is completely up to The Bengals.  They have to beat Baltimore this week.  If they don't, Bengals fall back out of the Play-Off picture. There are too many Wild Card teams to go for the Wild Card.  Plus getting in as a Wild Card is often a One And Done on the road at a power house team. 

I would say Bengals need to Win Out, but I'm more into One Day At A Time or One Game At A Time on this one.  Focus on Baltimore.  Do not look down the road to Chiefs or Browns games.  Focus on Baltimore. 

There may be some that are now worried about Bengals offense.  Bengals are playing some of the hardest Defenses lately.  How about The Bengals Defense.  If not for the punt fumbles, Bengals Defense would have only gave up 10 points to 49ers and Bengals Defense held Broncos offense in check.  THE BENGALS DEFENSE IS PLAYING AT PLAY-OFF WIN LEVEL. 

So GO BENGALS, beat Baltimore.   Baltimore loves to put everybody on the line to stuff the run and sack the QB, but Bengals beat that with passes to Uzomah and Chase and there were no Ravens back to stop them from going All The Way.  So do not Run right into the teeth of Ravens Defense all game, burn them for over playing the run like Joe Paterno use to over play the run.  The way you beat Paterno or 2021 Baltimore is when they put everybody up to stuff the run, Hit The Open Man and burn that type defense for an easy Touchdown. Baltimore has been suckers for that all year because they over play the run so much. 

Again, while others post on the same old dribble, Thank You for keeping the FOCUS on BENGALS IN FIRST PLACE NOW.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I didn't necessarily expect them to pull that one off yesterday. But I'll be proudly wearing my Who Dey shirt around donkey country today!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 12:54 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I didn't necessarily expect them to pull that one off yesterday.  But I'll be proudly wearing my Who Dey shirt around donkey country today!

This would also be a good shirt to wear:

[Image: 633014-aab98de367751eb7ba66a57a07e5fa6d.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote