Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Guys are A Bunch of Babies
I'm not going to take one isolated incident and use it to tarnish someone who otherwise looks very promising.

The most productive and influential people that ever lived--not just in football, but life in general--have skeletons in their closet.

So when you guys are done drinking the mob justice kool-aid and crying about "MUH PUBLIC IMAGE" (This is especially amusing, because there's no winning with most people anyway) we can appreciate the value we got last night.

Also, it's time we move on from Hill.
I see what you're saying but Did this really warrant another thread? Seems to me it could have been nestled securely in any of the other 10 Mixon threads.

(04-29-2017, 10:07 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I see what you're saying but Did this really warrant another thread? Seems to me it could have been nestled securely in any of the other 10 Mixon threads.

Yes, it does.

None of those Mixon threads take the time to call the naysayers babies.
(04-29-2017, 10:08 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Yes, it does.

Lol fair enough

The only issue I have with the Mixon pick is that I think Dalvin Cook will be better and the Bengals could have grabbed him without trading.

That said, Mixon is still a stud and they were smart to trade down and get that extra 4th rounder since nobody else was going to grab him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I agree the forum is full of cry babies.
(04-29-2017, 10:03 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I'm not going to take one isolated incident and use it to tarnish someone who otherwise looks very promising.

The most productive and influential people that ever lived--not just in football, but life in general--have skeletons in their closet.

So when you guys are done drinking the mob justice kool-aid and crying about "MUH PUBLIC IMAGE" (This is especially amusing, because there's no winning with most people anyway) we can appreciate the value we got last night.

Also, it's time we move on from Hill.

Get used to it, you'll be hearing this a lot. People thought it would end once he was drafted but that just means we get to hear it more from the fans of the other 31 teams and media. You're the one crying, better get used to arguing about Mixon because it is JUST getting started. Bengals fans everywhere will be arguing him for years whether it's with each other or outsiders. You guys wanted him so this is what you get, don't tell me you guys are so naive that you didn't think there'd be backlash over drafting the guy. Quit whining
(04-29-2017, 10:34 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Get used to it, you'll be hearing this a lot. People thought it would end once he was drafted but that just means we get to hear it more from the fans of the other 31 teams and media. You're the one crying, better get used to arguing about Mixon because it is JUST getting started. Bengals fans everywhere will be arguing him for years whether it's with each other or outsiders. You guys wanted him so this is what you get, don't tell me you guys are so naive that you didn't think there'd be backlash over drafting the guy. Quit whining

Me pointing out whiners is whining?

Dat victim complex.
The Bengals are like Donald Trump when it comes to media bias. Trump could cure cancer and the press would chastise him for not figuring out a cure that was free. The journalism in politics and sports is no loner trustworthy, it is biased at every turn so I don't trust any of them.

My point is we will never win over the media. Case in point, The Raiders draft a 1st round corner accused of raping a woman. Steve Wyche gives a warm fuzzy article about how the Raiders fully vetted the incident and know he is innocent. He even stated they interviewed people not only just in favor of Conley, but friends and relatives of the woman. I call BS on part 2 as no way those people are going to side with Conley within a month of the incident.

Then the Bengals draft Mixon and the claws come out. I know we had some incidents over a decade ago with Chris Henry and recent with Jones, but overall this team has been fairly clean when compared to others. Let's take the Steelers who have a QB accused multiple times of sexual assault (but crickets since he is a star and and Steeler), A WR who gets suspended for drugs (Holmes), A start RB who gets suspended for drugs (Bell), a WR who gets suspended not once, but 2 times for drugs (Bryant).

But, the Bengals will always be the criminals and teams like the Steelers will always be protected by the NFL and the media. So, I say this...............SCREW THEM, I don't care about the media, I don't care about other fans (in fact, I don't respect or like most fans of other teams).
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(04-29-2017, 10:18 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The only issue I have with the Mixon pick is that I think Dalvin Cook will be better and the Bengals could have grabbed him without trading.

That said, Mixon is still a stud and they were smart to trade down and get that extra 4th rounder since nobody else was going to grab him.

I am happy we didnt take Cook. I saw too many times when he was taken down with first contact. Yes, he hits HRs when given holes, but Mixon runs with speed, elusiveness AND power also. That was the element missing from Cook to me.

As for Mixon's incident...a couple of things:

1. It's reaaly hard for 18 yo's (especially from troubled backgrounds) not to think they are kings by the way we treat athletes. Add to that the fact he was drunk and you have a recipe for disaster just waiting to happen. Whether that's getting into a fight, smoking weed, DUI, or hitting a girl. Just think of how many athletes have some character knock on them coming out of college. Its partially the product of the messages they get from society.

2. Without victim blaming, I am really over women screaming for equal rights....but buffet style...only picking which ones apply to them. Equal pay...yup, we'll take that. Paying for dinner on dates....nope, you guys can keep that one, etc. She assaulted him first. She pushed, then slapped him. That's assault too. If a guy had done that to him, he would not have been near as demonized. It would have been considered a fight. She shouldn't act like a man, then not expect to get hit back like a man. Granted, he is just as guilty because he committed assault too. But just because she was a woman doesn't make her assault less.

3. Mixon truly seems to regret his actions. He has stayed clean since, and he has taken responsibility. The woman and he have settled in court, and they reportedly met alone afterwords, talked it out and put it behind them so they could each move on. That says alot about the character of both...that they would both have the courage to face each other and talk. 

4. I do not have near the problem with the Mixon pick that I do with retaining Adam Jones. Mixon has shown an effort to reform so far....Jones is a repeat offender. You forgive someone who repents...not someone who repeats.
(04-29-2017, 10:51 AM)Beaker Wrote: I am happy we didnt take Cook. I saw too many times when he was taken down with first contact. Yes, he hits HRs when given holes, but Mixon runs with speed, elusiveness AND power also. That was the element missing from Cook to me.

1. It's reaaly hard for 18 yo's (especially from troubled backgrounds) not to think they are kings by the way we treat athletes. Add to that the fact he was drunk and you have a recipe for disaster just waiting to happen. Whether that's getting into a fight, smoking weed, DUI, or hitting a girl. Just think of how many athletes have some character knock on them coming out of college. Its partially the product of the messages they get from society.

2. Without victim blaming, I am really over women screaming for equal rights....but buffet style...only picking which ones apply to them. Equal pay...yup, we'll take that. Paying for dinner on dates....nope, you guys can keep that one, etc. She assaulted him first. She pushed, then slapped him. That's assault too. If a guy had done that to him, he would not have been near as demonized. It would have been considered a fight. She shouldn't act like a man, then not expect to get hit back like a man. Granted, he is just as guilty because he committed assault too. But just because she was a woman doesn't make her assault less.

3. Mixon truly seems to regret his actions. He has stayed clean since, and he has taken responsibility. The woman and he have settled in court, and they reportedly met alone afterwords, talked it out and put it behind them so they could each move on. That says alot about the character of both...that they would both have the courage to face each other and talk. 

4. I do not have near the problem with the Mixon pick that I do with retaining Adam Jones. Mixon has shown an effort to reform so far....Jones is a repeat offender. You forgive someone who repents...not someone who repeats.

Great post Beaker.
The best thing we could do for Mixon right away is cut Jones due to his most recent off the field issues and then tell Joe, we will not accept any off the field issues with you moving forward, then room him with Gio to help him.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(04-29-2017, 10:51 AM)Beaker Wrote: I am happy we didnt take Cook. I saw too many times when he was taken down with first contact. Yes, he hits HRs when given holes, but Mixon runs with speed, elusiveness AND power also. That was the element missing from Cook to me.

Fair enough.

Agreed.

Great point. People seem to overlook the fact that the girl apologized to Mixon as well. He shouldn't have hit her in the first place and she didn't deserve it, but she shouldn't have touched him first. The girl wished Mixon nothing but the best and considers the matter closed. So should we.

Jones is another story. Fool me once....
(04-29-2017, 10:43 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Me pointing out whiners is whining?

Dat victim complex.

Yep you're whining about people have different opinions and ideas of right and wrong and how this team should be run. Sorry I don't agree with the pick, I'll continue to make jokes, bash the FO, and bash the man who punches women. Calling people who don't like the pick "whiners" is whining. This thread you made is just your own personal whine thread for being annoyed at anyone who disagrees with you
(04-29-2017, 10:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Great post Beaker.
The best thing we could do for Mixon right away is cut Jones due to his most recent off the field issues and then tell Joe, we will not accept any off the field issues with you moving forward, then room him with Gio to help him.

I was just about to say the same thing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(04-29-2017, 10:08 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Yes, it does.

Yeah... Mixon MAY be a talent we got rather cheap. He also showed a  dark side.  With Pac Man  AGAIN showing that he can not BEHAVE after midnight at a bar (a skill I learned young)  we're betting that Mixon's gross mistake  was a learning experience.
Meanwhile?  Have we given up on Bernard and Hill? Can we ration minutes for 3 RBs in the era where  you use one ball carrier at a time? Cool.

This..... is a leap of faith.   Hey..... Burfict was a undrafted because he  racked up penalties.  
He IS a STAR.  then..... Manziel.....you CAN screw up the golden opportunity.   The Bengals DID vet Mixon.  Clues are he learned something.

This is it right here. Well said.

I love the mixon pick. he was my favorite RB in this class on talent alone.

i say give him a shot, dont let 1 bad mistake ruin a person's whole life. if he ***** up again then fine, but i think hes learned his lesson.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
(04-29-2017, 10:18 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The only issue I have with the Mixon pick is that I think Dalvin Cook will be better and the Bengals could have grabbed him without trading.

heads up Mixon is a better player than Cook....& less likely to be a off field nut case....
I love this Mixon pick....
he could become the best RB this team has EVER had....
that's right ...EVER had... ThumbsUp
(04-29-2017, 11:13 AM)redwood Wrote: Yeah... Mixon MAY be a talent we got rather cheap. He also showed a  dark side.  With Pac Man  AGAIN showing that he can not BEHAVE after midnight at a bar (a skill I learned young)  we're betting that Mixon's gross mistake  was a learning experience.
Meanwhile?  Have we given up on Bernard and Hill? Can we ration minutes for 3 RBs in the era where  you use one ball carrier at a time? Cool.

This..... is a leap of faith.   Hey..... Burfict was a undrafted because he  racked up penalties.  
He IS a STAR.  then..... Manziel.....you CAN screw up the golden opportunity.   The Bengals DID vet Mixon.  Clues are he learned something.

Valid points on 3 running backs, but seems to be the trend of the NFL right now. But, the bigger issue is Bernard likely will not be 100% in 2017 as he recovers form major knee surgery. Add in Hill's rookie contract ends in 2017 and makes the pick not only smart for now, but for the future.

(04-29-2017, 10:34 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Get used to it, you'll be hearing this a lot. People thought it would end once he was drafted but that just means we get to hear it more from the fans of the other 31 teams and media. You're the one crying, better get used to arguing about Mixon because it is JUST getting started. Bengals fans everywhere will be arguing him for years whether it's with each other or outsiders. You guys wanted him so this is what you get, don't tell me you guys are so naive that you didn't think there'd be backlash over drafting the guy. Quit whining

who's whining...?   not me...
i'll tell those who are "whining" about Mixon to "get over it"....

they're the same ones who complain about everything we do...so screw them....let them root for shitsburgh....