Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favorite movie comedies?
Watching "Head of State" on Fox right now. Forgot how funny this show was. Chris Rock and Bernie Mac. Chris has made several funny movies. One of my faves of all time is "Dogma" with Chris Rock, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Jay & Silent Bob, George Carlin and many others. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cohen Brothers fan here. Perhaps my all time fav is Raising Arizona, but Oh Brother Where Art Thou is so good on so many levels.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I love "stupid" comedies. "Leslie Nielsen" is a Hall of Famer in that class. Also like Clue, which is a bit more different.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 06:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cohen Brothers fan here. Perhaps my all time fav is Raising Arizona, but Oh Brother Where Art Thou is so good on so many levels.

Same here. My favorite was the Big Lebowski, followed by Oh Brother.

I’d throw in the comedy list, Caddyshack and Blazing Saddles.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I'm not sure I've ever laughed so hard at a movie as I did Porky's at the drive in like 1982 or something ? My stomach was sore going outta there. Yes it's cheesy today but has anybody seen Mike Hunt ?
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 07:07 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Same here.  My favorite was the Big Lebowski, followed by Oh Brother.  

As a professed Cohen fan I must admit I commit was many find unforgivable. I cannot watch the Big Lebowski; I've tried numerous times. 

As to non-Cohen. There were times when I couldn't breath from laughing when watching Anchorman. I thought I was going to get asked to leave the theater and this was on Military R&R 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm in the Lebowski camp. It gets funnier every time I see it, and I've seen it a lot. It might be my favorite overall movie.

Tommy Boy is another that I could watch anytime, as is Happy Gilmore. An aside: Check out Sandler's new movie Uncut Gems. It's not what you would expect. There's almost never a moment in it that isn't extremely tense and it moves quickly for a long movie.

I'd also submit Superbad and Observe and Report. O&R is underrated IMO. It's dark as hell while still managing to be slapstick goofy.
Reply/Quote
Blazing Saddles, Porky's, Caddy Shack, Crazy People, Up in Smoke, just to name a few.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 08:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote:  it's cheesy today but has anybody seen Mike Hunt ?

Nervous

Reply/Quote
Airplane!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 06:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cohen Brothers fan here. Perhaps my all time fav is Raising Arizona, but Oh Brother Where Art Thou is so good on so many levels.

Great movies. I need to buy Raising Arizona. Already have Oh Brother.

PETE!!!

Look at Delmar as your paradigm of hope. Mellow

(07-12-2020, 07:07 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Same here.  My favorite was the Big Lebowski, followed by Oh Brother.  

Big Lebowski cracks me up so hard when the dude throws the ferret into the Dude's tub LMAO!!!

(07-12-2020, 08:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As a professed Cohen fan I must admit I commit was many find unforgivable. I cannot watch the Big Lebowski; I've tried numerous times. 

As to non-Cohen. There were times when I couldn't breath from laughing when watching Anchorman. I thought I was going to get asked to leave the theater and this was on Military R&R 

There are some weird scenes in the Big Lebowski, but the ferret scene just gets me man.

I will throw Major Payne out there, one of my favorite comedies.

If you want sympathy, look in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 10:49 PM)samhain Wrote: Tommy Boy is another that I could watch anytime, as is Happy Gilmore. An aside: Check out Snadler's new movie Uncut Gems. It's not what you would expect. There's almost never a moment in it that isn't extremely tense and it moves quickly for a long movie.

HG forever; my pick for Sandler's best film he's ever done.

As for the topic, Blues Brothers. And not 2000.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 03:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: HG forever; my pick for Sandler's best film he's ever done.

As for the topic, Blues Brothers. And not 2000.

Love the Blues Brothers, same here Truck.
Reply/Quote
I’ll add Super Troopers to this comedy list too.

Do you boys like Mexicoooooo! :)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Some good sports classics were Slap Shot and The Longest Yard. I thought Major League was pretty good too (the first one). Happy Gilmore and Tin Cup are also two that I loved a lot.

Reply/Quote
Galaxy Quest !

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2020, 10:49 PM)samhain Wrote:   An aside: Check out Snadler's new movie Uncut Gems.  It's not what you would expect.  There's almost never a moment in it that isn't extremely tense and it moves quickly for a long movie.

Just so everyone knows this is not in any way a comedy.

It is 90 minutes of Sandler going cray and screaming, but that is not as bad as it sounds.
Reply/Quote
With most of these lists I find it hard to pick just one favorite, but I can honestly say that "Raising Arizona" is my all time favorite comedy.

Honorable mention:

Blues Brothers
Oh Brother Where Art Thou
Take the Money and Run
Young Frankenstein
Big Lebowski
Anchorman
Airplane
Blazing Saddles
Talladega Nights
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2020, 05:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just so everyone knows this is not in any way a comedy.

It is 90 minutes of Sandler going cray and screaming, but that is not as bad as it sounds.

This is 100 percent correct.
Reply/Quote
Am I the only fan of the Other Guys staring Will Ferrell and Marky Mark?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote