Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Your the Owner! What do you do?
(09-23-2019, 01:13 AM)jason Wrote: So who specifically are you guys going after for the GM job? What if that guy isn't interested? Then who are you turning to?

Good point. We'd probably end up with the GM of the Dolphins from when Taylor and Turner were there after the 1st 10 choices turned us down.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Personally, I’d just give Tobin a chance to do things his own way. You know damn well Mike doesn’t, therefore it’s hard to really judge him as a GM.

It’s clear things got better when Tobin arrived though. Sure, we’ve had the occasional draft bust (every team does), but it’s nowhere near as bad as when Brown was running things by himself.

Give him some money to sign non-washed up FA’s, and stay out of his way.

It's really hard to tell who's good and who's bad in the Bengals management scheme with 5 people essentially making decisions.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:37 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Kinda off topic but does anyone know if a team has ever used all draft picks on the same unit, must be at least 4 picks? We could use every pick on the Oline and still miss on talent. But at least it’s an effort. If there was ever a draft to use literally every pick on Oline & LB this is it. Fix the line and get a D for T.L. In 2021!!!

The tough thing about that is Day 1, we're lucky to get 1 starter from the draft.

This year that was MJ at Guard and I wouldn't call him Good.

The funny thing is the Bengals don't like signing free agents because it's risky. But draft picks are arguably riskier...albeit cheaper.
Reply/Quote
Too easy. If I were the owner of the Cincinnati Bengals, I would......

1. Sell them and run off into the sunset with my $2b that Forbes valued the franchise at for 2019 ($2b and it's only the 30th valued franchise).

Don't need the other 4 things.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is the only way to really save face with the franchise (short of selling the team).

1) Get rid of the nepotism. Completely clear house with anyone related. This is no longer Bengals & Sons/Daughters.
2) Revamp the entire front office. Add GM, increase scouting department, etc.. "But Bleed, the Bengals lead the NFL in terms of players on the roster that we drafted by the team." Yeah, that's great if you also win. Anyone can have a team completely made up of drafted players and be awful. People in here want Tobin but he has whiffed so many times in the 1st round. I don't know how many were his picks but our drafts have sent us back 5+ years.
3) Sign 1-2 (or trade for) players in offseason. No retreads or back-ups. This team had gaping holes at multiple positions and we did nothing besides the draft. This is fine if you nail the draft (see #2). If nothing else this injects some life into the fan base and sends a message.
4) Stay away from everything. The owner is a figure head only. The only time an owner is to be seen is in the box watching the game.
5) Revamp the entire brand. This include uniforms, logos, & stadium. Everything associated with the brand is tainted. It's a New Dey right? Invest in the stadium to make it more fan friendly. Add TV's to the concourse. Bring in new food items. Maybe even start a Bengals ring of honor and get the older players invested. It's unbelievable how disconnected this team is with its fans.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 03:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hey, I predicted this team would win 7 games...my sense of humor is fine!

Lol yea, you defiantly do. I predicted 5 and I don’t see that happening. Btw you know I was just playin with ya. I replied that I would do everything the first person to reply to this thread said. I must admit I’m not familiar with the GM options out there. Never bothered to pay attention since it will never happen here.
Reply/Quote
Anyone over 30 needs to be SERIOUSLY shopped. Geno, Dunlap, Andy, Dre, AJ.

You could argue this should have been done LAST off season. If you can get value for any of these guys via trade (1st or 2nd round pick) you absolutely have to consider it.

The rebuild starts now. It should have started this off season, but the FO sold fans a blurred perception of winning. This teams window has closed and its time to stock up with young, cheap talent.

Take notes from other organizations and solidify the offensive and defensive lines, and put a premium on speed and scheming.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Sign myself to play QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 12:39 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I would actually like you as an owner shame you would sell it.

No doubt I'd do great, but I can't pass up the 'What's in your wallet" girl. I would give Eddie DeBartalo a hometown (small) discount.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 08:25 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I would contact the board owners of thebengalsboard and ask for TKHUL to be banned for 1 day for using your instead of you're in his thread title! That is the first thing I would do.

winner.
Reply/Quote
There’s not much to do in-season to fix this season.
About the only thing is play Pratt and Sample more.

For next year, I would look to get 2-3 near-elite veterans added to the team, even if it meant removing some dead weight to make room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 03:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Anyone over 30 needs to be SERIOUSLY shopped. Geno, Dunlap, Andy, Dre, AJ.

You could argue this should have been done LAST off season. If you can get value for any of these guys via trade (1st or 2nd round pick) you absolutely have to consider it.

The rebuild starts now. It should have started this off season, but the FO sold fans a blurred perception of winning. This teams window has closed and its time to stock up with young, cheap talent.  

Take notes from other organizations and solidify the offensive and defensive lines, and put a premium on speed and scheming.

Agree with the rebuild ,this team is years away from being a serious contender. We might as well get good trade value for our vets before they get too old and waste away on a losing team. If were not going to use free agency we might as well stock up on multiple draft picks and hope we can build a young nucleus like we did in 2011 with the Green/ Dalton draft. Then hopefully use free agency to sign a few young talent players to go along with our young core.  
Reply/Quote
I've said it B4, we need a coach who isn't afraid to get in the players faces and call them on the carpet for their playing. I mean coaching staff and all. I'd call Zack into the office and tell him: "Listen this team is playing abysmal and it has to stop.Now either you fix it or you will  hit the door,and I'll bring someone else in."
Of course you know MB won't do this because he want's to rub his coaching change in the fans faces!
I have'nt seen a professional football team that's plays as passive as this team does!
Reply/Quote
I've said it B4, we need a coach who isn't afraid to get in the players faces and call them on the carpet for their playing. I mean coaching staff and all. I'd call Zack into the office and tell him: "Listen this team is playing abysmal and it has to stop.Now either you fix it or you will  hit the door,and I'll bring someone else in."
Of course you know MB won't do this because he want's to rub his coaching change in the fans faces!
I have'nt seen a professional football team that's plays as passive as this team does!
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 11:12 PM)TKUHL Wrote: The state of the Bengals is depressing to say the least. I don’t understand how an owner can watch this mess and not do whatever it takes to at least try to fix some of the issues. Show some life, do something. Make some moves, try for a couple trades something. How is this Oline still an issue? How is it we can never have a LBer core that is legit? How does an owner accept the same issues year after year and be too stubborn to do whatever it takes to fix it.

So I ask you. You are the owner, what are the 5 things you would do to make this team better now.

If I took over the Bengals today, as things stand, I'd use the rest of the season to evaluate everyone. I'd play everyone. I'd give starts to Dolegala and Finley and Pratt and Phillips and all the younger guys. It would be one long pre-season. I'd cut Traveon and bring Ellis off the practice squad and give him playing time.

This season is a wash. There's too much not right to expect enough wins to mean anything.

Then, at the end of the year, I'd make my decisions about the players, coaches, front office staff, everyone.

Of course, I'd fire Mike Brown, Katie and Troy the instant I took over. No need to wait on evaluating them.

In the meantime, I'd be on the lookout for a top GM guy.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There is a pay-wall to this article.  I am assuming, it addresses the O-Line and maybe Dalton?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote