Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Your the Owner! What do you do?
(09-23-2019, 05:30 PM)firstand10 Wrote: I've said it B4, we need a coach who isn't afraid to get in the players faces and call them on the carpet for their playing. I mean coaching staff and all. I'd call Zack into the office and tell him: "Listen this team is playing abysmal and it has to stop.Now either you fix it or you will  hit the door,and I'll bring someone else in."
Of course you know MB won't do this because he want's to rub his coaching change in the fans faces!
I have'nt seen a professional football team that's plays as passive as this team does!

Actually you said a total 5 times before... LMAO
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 11:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well, I don't see a fix to this season, but for better results:

1 ) I'd revamp the scouting department up to the league average. I'd basically look at the successful teams and copy what they do.
2 ) I'd fire Tobin and bring in the best available GM.
3 ) I would have hired Del Rio as DC. So in the offseason, fire Lou and bring Del Rio in.
4 ) I would use free agency more. Guys like Jordan Hicks and LJ Fort  at LB and Saffold at Guard would have really help us this year.
5 ) I'd see what guys like Green and Atkins could fetch in a trade. IF some team offered a couple high picks with one being a 1st for either, I'd strongly consider it.

Those are the main initial things.

To the Pistons,you are point on and those would be my exact words.No one could have said this any better. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
#TankForTua #HopeforHebert!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 11:12 PM)TKUHL Wrote: The state of the Bengals is depressing to say the least. I don’t understand how an owner can watch this mess and not do whatever it takes to at least try to fix some of the issues. Show some life, do something. Make some moves, try for a couple trades something. How is this Oline still an issue? How is it we can never have a LBer core that is legit? How does an owner accept the same issues year after year and be too stubborn to do whatever it takes to fix it.

So I ask you. You are the owner, what are the 5 things you would do to make this team better now.

You said to make this team better now, so I'm responding assuming that 2019 can't really be fixed, it's too late at this point to turn around what the team is. So planning for 2020 I would:

1. Trade AJ Green for upgrade on the O-Line or for draft pick that would allow me to draft Oline
2. Focus on not allowing my Head Coach to just hire his buddies, how was Mixon able to be the AFC leading rusher behind basically the same Oline as last year and he's struggling so hard this year? Turner is not a good Oline coach.
3. Insist my OC call the plays, besides the Seattle game I don't think Zac has called a good game, it's like he blew his load in Seattle and there's nothing left in his creativity bag. The screen calls in the Buffalo game were just god awful. He's taking on too much, first time HC, first time calling plays, it's just too much. Bring in an OC with real experience and let him play call.
4. Lou has been highly suspect, not sure he's the guy I want as DC moving forward. Unless he turns it around quickly and shows me something for the rest of the season, he's gone.
5. Fire Tobin and bring in a new GM. Take FA seriously and bring in a top tier LB. It's just embarrassing how bad we are at that spot.

Last but certainly not least, I would dump Gold Star as the sponsor and bring in a real coney, Skyline. Can't tell you how much it sucks to not have a real coney at the game. That alone should boost attendance by at least 5%.  Wink
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Relocate to San Antonio so I can get season tickets.
Reply/Quote
I get in my old lumina and drive as fast as I can into the side of the nearest Wendys right after signing Reynolds to make him a top 5 paid LB because he is such a nice guy.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 11:49 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Every single year Bengals fans use injuries as an excuse. Every team gets key injuries during the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give us a break man.  Watching this team implode season after season is a cause for CTE !

[Image: Dr-Cox-Having-a-Bad-Day-scrubs-15339831-220-216.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 07:43 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I get in my old lumina and drive as fast as I can into the side of the nearest Wendys right after signing Reynolds to make him a top 5 paid LB because he is such a nice guy.

.....and buy the whole team a small fry on the old man  Wink   then ask to speak to the manager and see if he'll throw in a free small water ?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 06:24 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: To the Pistons,you are point on and those would be my exact words.No one could have said this any better. ThumbsUp

Can you start a GoFundMe for me to own the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 06:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: There is a pay-wall to this article.  I am assuming, it addresses the O-Line and maybe Dalton?

It's more about management being inept is my guess and not addressing issues.
Reply/Quote
1. Hire Anthony Munoz and Joe Walter to coach the offensive line.

2. Draft only SEC offensive linemen and only ACC linebackers.

3. Actually do something in free agency.

4. Make the offensive line watch every run by Jim Brown so they can see how real men open gaps to run through.

5. Drop the ticket prices.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 07:00 PM)yang Wrote: #TankForTua #HopeforHebert!

I do not like what I have seen from Herbert thus far...He stands tall in pocket but does not seem comfortable in pocket.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:19 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I do not like what I have seen from Herbert thus far...He stands tall in pocket but does not seem comfortable in pocket.  

Tua doesn't seem to be Jesus like everyone seems to think. At this point Jalen Hurts @ Oklahoma is kicking more NCAA butt
Reply/Quote
I agree with others: #1 is rebuild and hire a bigger and more experienced scouting department. If the plan is to build through the draft, then team needs a strong foundation. We have to hit on draft picks.

If I could get a 1st and 3rd or 4th round pick for AD,  I would trade him prior to the deadline to save 2019 cap dollars to roll over and 2020 cap dollars. It is not a knock on AD, but he gives us too good a chance to win games in 2019. We need the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft and AD knocks us out of that draft position because he will help team win games unless he is traded or benched.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree with others: #1 is rebuild and hire a bigger and more experienced scouting department. If the plan is to build through the draft, then team needs a strong foundation. We have to hot on draft picks.

If I could get a 1st and 3rd or 4th round pick for AD,  I would trade him prior to the deadline to save 2019 cap dollars to roll over and 2020 cap dollars. It is not a knock on AD, but he gives us too good a chance to win games in 2019. We need the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft and AD knocks us out of that draft position because he will help team win games unless he is traded or benched.

Legit ideas. I think the scouting department is the HUGE thing. We do that, we're bound to improve over time.

We know that what we do now DOESN'T WORK. 28 years is enough evidence.

How many NFL Owners would retain a coach for 3 years past their 7th playoff loss with no wins? That's the issue.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:23 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Tua doesn't seem to be Jesus like everyone seems to think. At this point Jalen Hurts @ Oklahoma is kicking more NCAA butt

I like Hurts a lot.  I think either Hurts or Burrow in round two works...
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:03 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 1.  Hire Anthony Munoz and Joe Walter to coach the offensive line.

2. Draft only SEC offensive linemen and only ACC linebackers.

3. Actually do something in free agency.

4. Make the offensive line watch every run by Jim Brown so they can see how real men open gaps to run through.

5.  Drop the ticket prices.

Fixed
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
No need for 5 things..just 1.. The answer has been staring us right in the face for at least 26 years and counting..

PANIC!  Panic solves all problems.. The heck with sound reasoning and doing what's needed to be done.. Just panic and all our problems will wash right on down the drain.

Actually I'm fairly convinced the Brown family cut a deal a long time ago to in exchange for a boat load of cash they would remain the league doormat until the death of the entire Brown clan..  The solution? Hit squad(s) to eliminate the problem(s).. ..not that I'm advocating for violence. A non-violent quick acting poison would do just fine.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 11:12 PM)TKUHL Wrote: The state of the Bengals is depressing to say the least. I don’t understand how an owner can watch this mess and not do whatever it takes to at least try to fix some of the issues. Show some life, do something. Make some moves, try for a couple trades something. How is this Oline still an issue? How is it we can never have a LBer core that is legit? How does an owner accept the same issues year after year and be too stubborn to do whatever it takes to fix it.

So I ask you. You are the owner, what are the 5 things you would do to make this team better now.

If I'm Mike Brown I would probably blow my brains out, but being Mike Brown I am too cheap to buy the bullets.  Why Should I Pay For Offensive Linemen Or Bullets ?????
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I would have hired that hot college chick that can kick field goals and replace phat Randy.

Then at least I could look forward to FGs every time we have the ball. Guys tend to mustard some extra testorone to help a lass. It would benefit our OL, ST and DL.

nounSCOTTISH•NORTHERN ENGLISH
noun: lass; plural noun: lasses
a young woman.
"he married a lass from Yorkshire"
Reply/Quote