Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Your the Owner! What do you do?
(09-23-2019, 10:19 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I do not like what I have seen from Herbert thus far...He stands tall in pocket but does not seem comfortable in pocket.  

If they pick high, I'm really wanting Andrew Thomas or Jerry Judy.  Mostly Thomas.  Slam the door on offensive line issues by bringing him and Jonah in in 2020 as bookends.

If they go quarterback, a move I'm not quite on board with yet, I think I prefer Fromm.  He looks like a player that just has "it".  He held off two great QBs to keep his job and looks great every time I watch him.  

Also like Eason and Costello in the 2nd if they fall.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 09:59 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I would have hired that hot college chick that can kick field goals and replace phat Randy.

Then at least I could look forward to FGs every time we have the ball. Guys tend to mustard some extra testorone to help a lass. It would benefit our OL, ST and DL.

nounSCOTTISH•NORTHERN ENGLISH
noun: lass; plural noun: lasses
a young woman.
"he married a lass from Yorkshire"

Do you mean Carli Lloyd

http://www.carlilloyd.com/

Ok, yes she is hot, but she is 38 years old, married and has kids I do believe

Hardly Ben R. stalking material, she is no college student and would kick his azz
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 09:59 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I would have hired that hot college chick that can kick field goals and replace phat Randy.

Then at least I could look forward to FGs every time we have the ball. Guys tend to mustard some extra testorone to help a lass. It would benefit our OL, ST and DL.

nounSCOTTISH•NORTHERN ENGLISH
noun: lass; plural noun: lasses
a young woman.
"he married a lass from Yorkshire"

That alone would put assets in the seats. We’re not getting the hype from QB or any other position. Might as well make history and bring in the first woman to start on an NFL team. Need to find a real butch woman to play LB’r or OT.
Reply/Quote
Me? why would I do anything different??

LOL

Kick back on my 100 mil per year net revenue and laugh all the way to the bank. I might convert my windows to Electric in my car, i'm to old for cranking by hand.

LOL

Nah, If my philosophy is to draft, then I'd at the very least double the scouts, prefer to have 1 for each NFL Team (about 40 total).
31, why you say if we can't play each team each year?
Simple. I want to know the strengths/weaknesses of every NFL player so if I have a weakness with in my scheme, I know who fits what I'm looking for and if they are an improvement or not. That way I can attack FA with a plan.

Always have at least a couple scouts working with the team assigned scout in charge of putting tape together on our upcoming opponent.

The 31 will also be assigned to a couple of the major college teams as well. That's what 62 teams or more during the NFL off season?
the extras will be in charge of the smaller Div 2 schools.

Would also hire more position specific coaches.
IE hire one that can teach my LT's proper technique and stay on their butts during the season.

I just figure do it this way since I'm not gonna always be making waves in FA, live thru the draft and develop those players, so put the money where it helps most with your philosophy.
Reply/Quote
I'm late to this party, but...

1. Fire Tobin after this season and replace him with a GM who has actual power/say.
2. Build a practice facility to get the team up to modern standards.
3. Expand the scouting department, again to match up with modern standards.
4. Place a team HOF somewhere in PBS, to instill a sense of honor and pride.
5. Sign a #%&$-ing Tackle that is worth a #$@%
6. Trim a lot of fat like Andre Smith, Bobby Hart, Cordy Glenn, etc
7. Draft/sign some LB's
8. Draft a QB with the top pick and use the money saved to reshape this aging/decaying roster.
9. Let AJ Green walk. He'll be 32 and his injury list is getting extensive. Use money saved to reshape this aging/decaying roster.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I really don’t get the sudden fascination with trading/letting go of AJ Green.

We just saw a 33 year old WR win SB MVP last year, and Edelman has missed more games from injury than AJ has. Granted he makes a lot less money, but I don’t think AJ will get as much on his next deal as many here are suggesting.

And it’s obvious we need him to win games.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 01:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I really don’t get the sudden fascination with trading/letting go of AJ Green.

We just saw a 33 year old WR win SB MVP last year, and Edelman has missed more games from injury than AJ has. Granted he makes a lot less money, but I don’t think AJ will get as much on his next deal as many here are suggesting.

1. AJ Green has the 11th highest salary among WRs in 2019, and that will only go up. Edelman ranks 36th.

2. The Pats are going for one more ring. The Bengals are in their 4th straight losing season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 01:27 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. AJ Green has the 11th highest salary among WRs in 2019, and that will only go up. Edelman ranks 36th.

2. The Pats are going for one more ring. The Bengals are in their 4th straight losing season.

Why would his next contract go up? Surely the Bengals (or whoever signs him) will have a bit of a bargaining chip with his age and recent injury history. He’s not getting Julio money this time around.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 01:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I really don’t get the sudden fascination with trading/letting go of AJ Green.

There are many moving parts to it.  Are we truly rebuilding after this season?  Are they serious about addressing issues on the defense and o-line?  

Andy and AJ both will eat a ton of cap space if they are re-signed long term.  Even individually.  This coupled with the Atkins and Dunlap deals make our cap spend largely invested in guys over 30 who are going to inevitably fall victim to time.  

We need linebackers, offensive linemen, and probably even a couple of upgrades in the secondary.  We also have guys like Billings and Jackson that will need to be re-signed soon.  

I don't see this team as one that's hurting for skill players on offense.  Dalton is still racking up yards without AJ.  Mixon and Gio are victims of an injured and talent-deficient line.  

What helps them move forward to building a winner?  A receiver that misses a ton of time lately, or an investment in the line/defense?  They've tried for 4 straight years to trot the same group out there.  It's failed miserably.  They aren't going anywhere sinking tons of cash into 30 year old hurt dudes when there are multiple major needs elsewhere.

Then there's the rinse/repeat Hobson articles that will ensue if he and Andy are re-signed that will surface in March when the time arrives to acquire personnel (for most teams, anyway). "Oh, we can't afford a real linebacker or guard because we backed a Brink's truck up to our future HOF WR and franchise QB". "We have some very good players and just got snakebit by injury". No. Something needs to change. If we spend a 3rd of our cap on the same guys that have been here since 2011 and gotten the same results since 2016, things aren't improving. We'll be right back where we are now next September. Huge extensions for Andy or AJ will all but guarantee more free agency apathy from the organization. it gives them the excuse they want to stock the team with bums and shitbag backfill again, just like this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 01:41 AM)samhain Wrote: There are many moving parts to it.  Are we truly rebuilding after this season?  Are they serious about addressing issues on the defense and o-line?  

Andy and AJ both will eat a ton of cap space if they are re-signed long term.  Even individually.  This coupled with the Atkins and Dunlap deals make our cap spend largely invested in guys over 30 who are going to inevitably fall victim to time.  

We need linebackers, offensive linemen, and probably even a couple of upgrades in the secondary.  We also have guys like Billings and Jackson that will need to be re-signed soon.  

I don't see this team as one that's hurting for skill players on offense.  Dalton is still racking up yards without AJ.  Mixon and Gio are victims of an injured and talent-deficient line.  

What helps them move forward to building a winner?  A receiver that misses a ton of time lately, or an investment in the line/defense?  They've tried for 4 straight years to trot the same group out there.  It's failed miserably.  They aren't going anywhere sinking tons of cash into 30 year old hurt dudes when there are multiple major needs elsewhere.

Then there's the rinse/repeat Hobson articles that will ensue if he and Andy are re-signed that will surface in March when the time arrives to acquire personnel (for most teams, anyway). "Oh, we can't afford a real linebacker or guard because we backed a Brink's truck up to our future HOF WR and franchise QB". "We have some very good players and just got snakebit by injury". No. Something needs to change. If we spend a 3rd of our cap on the same guys that have been here since 2011 and gotten the same results since 2016, things aren't improving. We'll be right back where we are now next September. Huge extensions for Andy or AJ will all but guarantee more free agency apathy from the organization. it gives them the excuse they want to stock the team with bums and shitbag backfill again, just like this year.

Well, I’m absolutely against re-signing Dalton. Cut him after the season with no dead money, and draft a QB with a high pick. We’ll then have two QB’s on rookie contracts.

AJ I’d like to see brought back on a 3 year deal. I think he still has a few years of high level play left in him. The money saved on not re-signing him would never be used to bring in outside FA’s of any quality anyway. We all know that damn well. Might as well give our next QB the best weapons we possibly can.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 01:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, I’m absolutely against re-signing Dalton. Cut him after the season with no dead money, and draft a QB with a high pick. We’ll then have two QB’s on rookie contracts.

AJ I’d like to see brought back on a 3 year deal. I think he still has a few years of high level play left in him. The money saved on not re-signing him would never  be used to bring in outside FA’s of any quality anyway. We all know that damn well. Might as well give our next QB the best weapons we possibly can.

If Andy would take 22 mil or something similar, I may do it.  No way I offer 30.  

If we don't bring him back, I'm not sure what happens?  Does Finley play if we lose enough games this year?  is he any good?  Do we spend the high first rounder on a QB if Andrew Thomas or Jerry Jeudy are sitting there?  I'm developing a man-crush on Thomas.  Not to mention needs on the defense.  

If we get Tua/Fromm/Herbert, they're getting thrown to the wolves behind a bad line.  What's more advantageous?  Andy with an improved line, or new guy with trash line?  
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt I'd do great, but I can't pass up the 'What's in your wallet" girl. I would give Eddie DeBartalo a hometown (small) discount.

I gotcha rather be a legend in the bank than on the field.
Although Kraft did get both!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 01:27 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. AJ Green has the 11th highest salary among WRs in 2019, and that will only go up. Edelman ranks 36th.

Here is the thing it's not out of the possibility that the Bengals can turn it around next season & with the likely hood of a young QB coming in keeping AJ  makes a ton of sense. Remember Lucks rookie season? Well a 33 year old Reggie Wayne helped out a lot.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 02:24 AM)samhain Wrote: If Andy would take 22 mil or something similar, I may do it.  No way I offer 30.  

If we don't bring him back, I'm not sure what happens?  Does Finley play if we lose enough games this year?  is he any good?  Do we spend the high first rounder on a QB if Andrew Thomas or Jerry Jeudy are sitting there?  I'm developing a man-crush on Thomas.  Not to mention needs on the defense.  

If we get Tua/Fromm/Herbert, they're getting thrown to the wolves behind a bad line.  What's more advantageous?  Andy with an improved line, or new guy with trash line?  

Andy probably won't be back and we will get a third or 4th RD pick for him in the off-season.
To me you use that extra money that you would be spending on him on Brian Bulaga RT from GB and cut Dre & Glenn for Corey Littleton LB  from the Rams.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 01:06 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm late to this party, but...

1. Fire Tobin after this season and replace him with a GM who has actual power/say.
2. Build a practice facility to get the team up to modern standards.
3. Expand the scouting department, again to match up with modern standards.
4. Place a team HOF somewhere in PBS, to instill a sense of honor and pride.
5. Sign a #%&$-ing Tackle that is worth a #$@%
6. Trim a lot of fat like Andre Smith, Bobby Hart, Cordy Glenn, etc
7. Draft/sign some LB's
8. Draft a QB with the top pick and use the money saved to reshape this aging/decaying roster.
9. Let AJ Green walk. He'll be 32 and his injury list is getting extensive. Use money saved to reshape this aging/decaying roster.

Your #1 makes sense.  They fired all the coaches but kept what is the GM without a GM title.   Tobin in role of GM needs flushed down the toilet and someone else put in that role.  Really, who the heck is Duke Tobin anyway.  Many of us wanted Marvin in this position and either Zimmer or Gruden kept to be Head Coach.   The Browns/ Ravens did will with ex Brown tight end Ozzie Newsome.   The Broncos have John Elway over things.  What do we have, Duke Tobin.  

I like that you have dumping Tobin as # 1 on your list.  He needs fired also. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 07:58 PM)TKUHL Wrote: That alone would put assets in the seats. We’re not getting the hype from  QB or any other position. Might as well make history and bring in the first woman to start on an NFL team. Need to find a real butch woman to play LB’r or OT.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 01:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, I’m absolutely against re-signing Dalton. Cut him after the season with no dead money, and draft a QB with a high pick. We’ll then have two QB’s on rookie contracts.

AJ I’d like to see brought back on a 3 year deal. I think he still has a few years of high level play left in him. The money saved on not re-signing him would never be used to bring in outside FA’s of any quality anyway. We all know that damn well. Might as well give our next QB the best weapons we possibly can.

This thread is about what we'd do if we were the owner, not what would Mikey do.

(09-25-2019, 03:08 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Here is the thing it's not out of the possibility that the Bengals can turn it around next season & with the likely hood of a young QB coming in keeping AJ  makes a ton of sense. Remember Lucks rookie season? Well a 33 year old Reggie Wayne helped out a lot.

We have Tyler Boyd and John Ross. AJ has spent a lot more time hurt than Wayne did up to that point in his career.

(09-25-2019, 08:11 AM)kevin Wrote: Your #1 makes sense.  They fired all the coaches but kept what is the GM without a GM title.   Tobin in role of GM needs flushed down the toilet and someone else put in that role.  Really, who the heck is Duke Tobin anyway.  Many of us wanted Marvin in this position and either Zimmer or Gruden kept to be Head Coach.   The Browns/ Ravens did will with ex Brown tight end Ozzie Newsome.   The Broncos have John Elway over things.  What do we have, Duke Tobin.  

I like that you have dumping Tobin as # 1 on your list.  He needs fired also. 

Thanks. All of my points make sense though, even if some get all sentimental for certain players.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 05:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This thread is about what we'd do if we were the owner, not what would Mikey do.

We have Tyler Boyd and John Ross. AJ has spent a lot more time hurt than Wayne did up to that point in his career.

Thanks. All of my points make sense though, even if some get all sentimental for certain players.
You add AJ to Boyd & Ross you have the best WR Core in the league right?
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 05:56 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: You add AJ to Boyd & Ross you have the best WR Core in the league right?

Without AJ we’re also a Ross injury away from having a very mediocre WR core. Does anyone want to see Willis, Tate, or Erickson as our #2? I don’t. But I guess I’m just being sentimental...

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 11:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well, I don't see a fix to this season, but for better results:

1 ) I'd revamp the scouting department up to the league average. I'd basically look at the successful teams and copy what they do.
2 ) I'd fire Tobin and bring in the best available GM.
3 ) I would have hired Del Rio as DC. So in the offseason, fire Lou and bring Del Rio in.
4 ) I would use free agency more. Guys like Jordan Hicks and LJ Fort  at LB and Saffold at Guard would have really help us this year.
5 ) I'd see what guys like Green and Atkins could fetch in a trade. IF some team offered a couple high picks with one being a 1st for either, I'd strongly consider it.

Those are the main initial things.

your hired! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote