Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your thoughts about game 1 the Chargers.
(08-30-2020, 11:02 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ingram resolved his contract issues for the season, pretty sure he will be out there unless I missed something.

Ingram is there, but will they go out and sign Earl Thomas?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals can get their running game going early I think they stand a good chance of winning the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 12:28 AM)Tony Wrote: I honestly think Burrow is gonna throw 5 TDs.... People will go nuts and he will come back down a little the next few weeks.. 42-27 good guys...

If this happens, I bet Burrow jersey sales become #1 after week 1.  
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 04:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If this is a Bengals team that is improved and is taking that next step, then this is a game you really should win.

1.) At home.
2.) West Coast team playing across the country. (Travel works both ways)
3.) 5-11 last season. Dead last in their division.
4.) New QB, in a new offense, as the face of their franchise moves on, in Phillips Rivers.
5.) No Melvin Gordon either.  Ekeler takes completely takes over RB1.

There shouldn't be any excuse at to why he can't win this game.

They do have a pretty good D.  And their weapons in the pass game are excellent (Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry, and Ekeler).

I hope we can put up a good showing. Year 2 of the new regime, getting some key guys back, some new additions, along with the best QB prospect in awhile.  We need this one.

This is an excellent post and breakdown.

Also, Derwin James is out with a knee injury. He got hurt Sun during practice.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 12:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: After giving this a little more thought I am going to step back from this comment.

If it was not the first game of the season I would say it is true.  But with no preseason games and a bunch of new starters (including a rookie QB) I don't think we will be able to make any huge judgements after just one game.

I agree with this. In 2001, the Pats lost to a bad Bengals team (6-10 on the season) week 1 and ended up winning the Superbowl.
Reply/Quote
Expecting the offense to come out flat. It sounds like Joe has started each scrimmage with a 3 and out. Hoping he reads this and gets angry lol.
Reply/Quote
With Tiger King's mentality, and Taylor wanting to unleash a 2.0 Offense that will need to be reckoned with moving forward, I expect high octane type plays being called to put pressure on the defense from the gun.
I fully expect 4 WR sets early and often, and I expect 1st play to be play action to Ross deep (whether it works or not), letting everyone know that Tiger King isn't playing around! It's going to be the NEW Bengals mentality on offense. PRESSURE, PRESSURE, PRESSURE!

I see a 41-27 Victory for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
My thoughts is it got a little easier:

https://www.nfl.com/news/chargers-safety-derwin-james-will-miss-2020-season

Quote:When Los Angeles Chargers standout safety Derwin James limped away from a second straight offseason on Sunday, it was reported that he would miss significant time.

It is significant indeed, with the all-star defensive back dealt another heartbreaking blow as James will need meniscus surgery and will miss the 2020 season, as he'll be out six to eight months, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday afternoon.

Although his absence helps us I feel bad for the kid. A generational talent, just cannot stay healthy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 01:23 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: With Tiger King's mentality, and Taylor wanting to unleash a 2.0 Offense that will need to be reckoned with moving forward, I expect high octane type plays being called to put pressure on the defense from the gun.
I fully expect 4 WR sets early and often, and I expect 1st play to be play action to Ross deep (whether it works or not), letting everyone know that Tiger King isn't playing around! It's going to be the NEW Bengals mentality on offense. PRESSURE, PRESSURE, PRESSURE!

I see a 41-27 Victory for the Bengals.

Stop calling him that; it's one thing for everyone to hate that moniker, but he himself has explicitly stated that he does not wish to be called by that name.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I honestly think the Bengals play way the hell over their heads and win a squeaker.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 06:30 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I honestly think the Bengals play way the hell over their heads and win a squeaker.
I don't know that the Bengals would have to play that far over their heads to beat the Chargers.  Tyrod is a bum and they lost the guy their defense is mostly built around.  I don't really see the Chargers as vastly superior to the Bengals.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 10:12 AM)PDub80 Wrote: This is an excellent post and breakdown.

Also, Derwin James is out with a knee injury. He got hurt Sun during practice.

They will probably use Kyzir White in a similar role to James safety/LB hybrid. He's been solid in that role for the Chargers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Chargers a 3 point favorite.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 01:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Expecting the offense to come out flat. It sounds like Joe has started each scrimmage with a 3 and out. Hoping he reads this and gets angry lol.

I believe that is the same way he started the national championship game.
Reply/Quote
My thoughts is without a preseason to get prepared, and having Week 1 and Week 2 both in a span of 5 days.... we're going to see some SERIOUSLY sloppy football to start the season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2020, 06:34 PM)McC Wrote: I don't know that the Bengals would have to play that far over their heads to beat the Chargers.  Tyrod is a bum and they lost the guy their defense is mostly built around.  I don't really see the Chargers as vastly superior to the Bengals.

They did? What happened to Joey Bosa?  (Or Melvin Ingram, Casey Heyward, and Chris Harris Jr)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
First play by the Bengals should be a medium or long play action pass. We should not play conservative in the first series. We need the opposing D to loosed their coverages.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They did? What happened to Joey Bosa?  (Or Melvin Ingram, Casey Heyward, and Chris Harris Jr)
Sorry for my lack of doom and gloom bitching and whining.  I'll try to do better in the future just for your benefit.  The boo hoo is not really in my nature but I'll give it my all so as not to offend you're everything sukks attitude.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 08:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I believe that is the same way he started the national championship game.

It is which is somewhat where I got this idea from. However, I’d rather start slow and finish strong than the other way. 4th quarter is key in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 12:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It is which is somewhat where I got this idea from. However, I’d rather start slow and finish strong than the other way. 4th quarter is key in the NFL.

The first couple 3 and outs in the NCG were also partly because Clemson pinned them inside the 10 twice in a row. And remember they were the #1 defense in the country. Didn’t take long for Joe to start carving them up though.

Reply/Quote