Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your thoughts about game 1 the Chargers.
(09-02-2020, 12:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The first couple 3 and outs in the NCG were also partly because Clemson pinned them inside the 10 twice in a row. And remember they were the #1 defense in the country. Didn’t take long for Joe to start carving them up though.

Yep, this gives me hope the way Burrow handles adversity. The Chargers still have a very good D with Bosa and company.

But as we saw, Burrow can carve up very good Defenses.
Reply/Quote
Tyrod Taylor has officially been named the Chargers starter for week 1

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think people look at the quarterback matchup and automatically give the Bengals a win. The Chargers have a pretty stacked roster. Taylor isn’t as bad as people think he’s mobile and dosen’t make many mistakes , when he started in Buffalo he had no weapons. Our secondary will have there hands full with Allen and Mike Williams. We will also see if our backers can finally cover ,Ekeler is a great receiving back and Hunter Henry is a very good receiving TE. There offensive line was a weakness but they added pro bowl guard Trai Tuner , Bryan Bulga at tackle and Pouncey is back from injury at center. The defense has two dynamic pass rushers in Bosa and Ingram. They added Lindial Joseph at NT and free agent Chris Harris to pair with a good CB in Hayward and drafted a linebacker we all wanted in Kennth Murray.
Reply/Quote
This game could get messy. The chargers have a good roster with a lot of offensive weapons. The new and, hopefully improved, defence will he tested. I expect to see a lot of ekeler who will be a handful catching passes against a very young linebacker core. And they have a lot of other weapons. Tyrod Taylor may not be exciting, but hes better than hes getting credit for in here. While I've always been a fan of rivers, he just wasn't good last year. His arm was fading and he was throwing a lot of picks.

This is a winnable game but my no means should be easy. Regardless of a win or loss, I just want to see improvements on defense, and some of the potential the offense has. I dont expect them to come out and put down 42 points in the first game, but if I can see competent football played I'll be happy with it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 11:35 AM)McC Wrote: Sorry for my lack of doom and gloom bitching and whining.  I'll try to do better in the future just for your benefit.  The boo hoo is not really in my nature but I'll give it my all so as not to offend you're everything sukks attitude.

So making up random false nonsensical statements is somehow better?

You being a dick aside, I don't even disagree with you that the Chargers aren't vastly superior to the Bengals. I think if the Bengals actually play to their potential, they have a solid chance at being 3-1 to start the season. I just don't have to make up false realities and then be a condescending dbag when people question it in order to believe that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 02:20 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I think people look at the quarterback matchup and automatically give the Bengals a win. The Chargers have a pretty stacked roster. Taylor isn’t as bad as people think he’s mobile and dosen’t make many mistakes , when he started in Buffalo he had no weapons. Our secondary will have there hands full with Allen and Mike Williams. We will also see if our backers can finally cover ,Ekeler is a great receiving back and Hunter Henry is a very good receiving TE. There offensive line was a weakness but they added pro bowl guard Trai Tuner , Bryan Bulga at tackle and Pouncey is back from injury at center. The defense has two dynamic pass rushers in Bosa and Ingram. They added Lindial Joseph at NT and free agent  Chris Harris to pair with a good CB in Hayward and drafted a linebacker we all wanted in Kennth Murray.

I getcha, Tyrod Taylor is not terrible. He doesn't turn the ball over which really helps and is probably the main reason he is
starting over Herbert. Ekeler definitely scares me in this game and I didn't know they added Linval Joseph on Defense who is a
beast, that D-line is stacked. In the end I think both D-lines get after the QB's and it is a low scoring game to start off this year.

No Preseason, people thinking the refs will be even worse this year, I agree with ones saying this will be a sloppy one.

Regardless, extremely happy to have football back and extremely excited for our future with Burrow and company.

(09-02-2020, 02:48 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: This game could get messy. The chargers have a good roster with a lot of offensive weapons. The new and, hopefully improved, defence will he tested. I expect to see a lot of ekeler who will be a handful catching passes against a very young linebacker core. And they have a lot of other weapons. Tyrod Taylor may not be exciting, but hes better than hes getting credit for in here. While I've always been a fan of rivers, he just wasn't good last year. His arm was fading and he was throwing a lot of picks.

This is a winnable game but my no means should be easy. Regardless of a win or loss, I just want to see improvements on defense, and some of the potential the offense has. I dont expect them to come out and put down 42 points in the first game, but if I can see competent football played I'll be happy with it.

Agreed, probably a messy game, but I just want to see improvements in most all aspects, especially in stopping the run on D.
Reply/Quote
We lose big.

Their experience vs our youth.
Reply/Quote
I also expect Marvin Lewis to tell me the team just needs to play better as I wake up and realize the last 2 years was just a crazy dream.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 02:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So making up random false nonsensical statements is somehow better?

You being a dick aside, I don't even disagree with you that the Chargers aren't vastly superior to the Bengals. I think if the Bengals actually play to their potential, they have a solid chance at being 3-1 to start the season. I just don't have to make up false realities and then be a condescending dbag when people question it in order to believe that.

I understand how much the truth hurts and it's never easy being confronted with it.  If you are so unable to accept sarcasm, perhaps you should dial back on your usage of it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 04:05 PM)McC Wrote: I understand how much the truth hurts and it's never easy being confronted with it.  If you are so unable to accept sarcasm, perhaps you should dial back on your usage of it.

Quote:Sorry for my lack of doom and gloom bitching and whining.  I'll try to do better in the future just for your benefit.  The boo hoo is not really in my nature but I'll give it my all so as not to offend you're everything sukks attitude.

That's your reply to me simply asking what happened to Joey Bosa when you said they lost the guy their defense is built around. 

If you don't see how weirdly irrational that makes you seem, seriously consider getting some professional help, man. The truth hurts and it's never easy being confronted with it, but you clearly need to talk out whatever issues you're having right now.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 01:41 PM)pally Wrote: Tyrod Taylor has officially been named the Chargers starter for week 1

Have they named a starter in Dallas yet?

Bad bfine, bad.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 04:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's your reply to me simply asking what happened to Joey Bosa when you said they lost the guy their defense is built around. 

If you don't see how weirdly irrational that makes you seem, seriously consider getting some professional help, man. The truth hurts and it's never easy being confronted with it, but you clearly need to talk out whatever issues you're having right now.

You toss sarcasm around relentlessly yet can't bear having it come back at you.  Some might call that weirdly irrational. And I won't even get into the relentless whining.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 05:57 PM)McC Wrote: You toss sarcasm around relentlessly yet can't bear having it come back at you.  Some might call that weirdly irrational.  And I won't even get into the relentless whining.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7964841]

Reply/Quote
I think Burrow will start the game off slow, but then start picking the chargers apart.

Burrow goes 19-33, 217 yards passing , 2 tds 1 int

Tyler Boyd & Uzomah get the 2 touchdows from Burrow

Final score : Bengals-27     Chargers-23
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 08:14 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I think Burrow will start the game off slow, but then start picking the chargers apart.

Burrow goes 20-33, 217 yards passing , 2 tds 1 int

Tyler Boyd & Uzomah get the 2 touchdows from Burrow

Final score : Bengals-27     Chargers-23

That is a good prediction. Will make mine in the prediction thread next week.
Reply/Quote
I'm keeping my expectations tempered. I want to see Burrow make good decisions and I want to see the OL keep him clean. If those two things happen, I'll be okay with any win or loss outcome.
Reply/Quote
I think ZT is going to be run heavy out of 3 and 4 WR
Sets.to start the game. And you throw in more motion
Than we have seen in years past. Then if the running game is working and if the Chargers walk a safety up then I can see Burrow
Unleashing it downfield.
I think ZT gets the ball in Ross's hand sooner than.later.
Some short quick routes....deep slants quick slants pivot
Routes. Comeback routes. High % completions to settle
Burrow in
Reply/Quote
Low Scoring game but Bengals win 17-14. Neither offensive line is good and both defenses will have 5 sacks each.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
With the lack of conditioning the no preseason scenario has created, will we be seeing lots of sub packages and a greater contribution across the 53 than normal?

The linebackers have me curious. You could trot Bynes out there for the whole game, but I don’t think that’s very wise. How much of the rookie LBs will we see on that first Sunday? I’m excited to find out.
Reply/Quote
How can we lose a home game against a subpar team with the Burrow the Conqueror and a much improved team if we do it will be a disappointment
Reply/Quote